The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • Yes, I would take that class if it actually satisfied my major requirements, despite having no interest in the subject.
  • sooooooo

I just remastered two old tracks for Nostalgia Trip and finished one that I abandoned a while back

I feel productive ^_^
  • I got really burnt out on Cave Story because I played it on hard mode and lemme tell you if there's one thing that can make you learn how bullshit a game can be it's a 1 HP run.
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-04-06 22:44:37
    1. nostalgia
    2. shredding a tidal wave of root beer on a surfboard made out of don't care
    3. dig champs
    4. a ubiquitous inquisition
    5. oxidized
    6. a safe made of cheez whiz
    7. something...
    8. :?
    9. one. shot.
    10. the grolgoth
    11. electronic simpatique (TRVRWHTVR's citrus fresh mix)
    12. shredding a tidal wave of root beer on a surfboard made out of don't care (TRVRWHTVR rework)
    13. one. shot. (seance boy mix) (ft. Mojave Music)
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Section titleAnal Meth Econ, Law Med
    Course titleAnalytical Methods in Economics, Law, and Medicine
    Best course.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can't believe we're all on our way to the Christmas Tree farm right now

Yay us!
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Kexruct said:

I got really burnt out on Cave Story because I played it on hard mode and lemme tell you if there's one thing that can make you learn how bullshit a game can be it's a 1 HP run.

I discovered this with several Mega Man games. ^_^ I think if a game has a health meter, you're supposed to get hit.
    I wish real life was Touhou!!!! :O
    I miss Touhou but if I played it again I would have to try to beat UFO Lunatic again and I'm really tired of doing that. >_>
  • Eve from Elsword looks cool.

Especially in Battle Seraph form.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    toxic tower
        Eastern Lands of the Scarlet Devil ~ the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil

- 0 -

Gensokyo was leading days more noisy than expected.
    A mysterious visitor would have thought that even the ghosts of summertime were in a state of bewilderment.

All of that equates to just a normal summer.
    The outskirts were enveloped in scarlet-colored illusion.

- 1 -

In the eastern mountains, far from any human habitation,
    is where the isolated Hakurei Shrine lies.

This mountain was never occupied by humans, and even now no one ever goes there: a place called Gensokyo.
    And even now, as usual, non-human creatures and just a few humans lived freely with pride.

People blindly accepted the advance of culture, and aggressively tried to eliminate any of the darker parts of their lifestyles.
    In truth that was a comfortable environment both for the creatures who lived in the dusk as well as the humans, who did not interfere.

And one summer day, without a sound, a turbulent, mysterious fog began to envelop Gensokyo.
    It was almost as if Gensokyo itself was loathing the light of day.

- 2 -

The shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine, Reimu Hakurei was living a mostly peaceful life.
    At this shrine, seldom visited by those come to pray, she was sometimes bored, sometimes not bored, and generally living in a carefree manner.

On that day, Reimu was just a little less bored than usual.

Reimu: "Geez, what is all this? If we're not getting any light, then the weather's not going to clear up at all."

At the rate it was moving, the mist would reach past the shrine and descend to where humans lived.
    Gensokyo interfering with its peoples' lives would most likely cause Gensokyo to be eliminated by the hands of humans, too.

Reimu: "Well, finding the cause of all this is a shrine maiden's job(isn't it?).
        For some reason that lake back there is pretty suspicious, so let's go there!"

The target was the flat surface of the mysterious mist.
    The sharp-witted girl, relying on her senses, set off in the direction of the lake.

- 3 -

As one of the few residents of the forest, the normal girl Marisa Kirisame normally flew through the sky.

When she realized that she couldn't see any of the lake all of a sudden, the normal-witted girl thought that there might be something happening on the island floating in the lake.

Marisa: "Well, even humans create communities close to water, after all."

Monsters wouldn't be able to live without water, either. That was her very human-like way of thinking.

Marisa: "It looks like she'll be doing something pretty soon, so why don't I go take a look?"

The girl set off as if there might just be something valuable to find.
    Or, rather, she actually went looking for it.

- 4 -

The lake was entirely covered by the mysterious fog.
    A normal human would only survive for about 30 minutes in that fog, but non-humans too would have about thirty minutes.

The center of the fog barely receives any light during the day, and filters out moonlight as well.
    From within the fog, a full moon looks hazy and several times larger.

If we suppose the fog is the work of a human, one could say that the human must have eaten belladonna flower.

In the very center of it all is an island, rejected by mankind simply because they could not live there. On that island is a mansion; one of few windows.

Inside the mansion that knows neither day nor night, "she" was there.
  • toxic tower

too many good castlevania ideas! argh!
    Toxic Tower is in Donkey Kong Country 2, my dear
    Everyone draws Zun's characters better than Zun. ^_^
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    RESUGAM.
  • edited 2014-04-06 23:21:56
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    If you mean Neutral Milk Hotel, Yarrun... I am going to disagree. Having actually seen Jeff Mangum perform in person, the man is positively magnetic in a way that the vast majority of mopy guitar-strummers are not.
  • Ah, I have no complaints about the guitarwork. It's more about the voice quality. As a TMBG fan, I'm used to nasal singing, but Mangum takes it to another level. 

And to be fair, none of the covers of Two-Headed Boy in my playlist are quite as good on the instrumental front 
  • Also wow Chain of Memories is frustrating when you're missing a certain map card, jeez. I'm talking hours of grinding here.
    I am autism.

I’m visible in your children, but if I can help it, I am invisible to you until it’s too late.

I know where you live.

And guess what? I live there too.

I hover around all of you.

I know no color barrier, no religion, no morality, no currency.

I speak your language fluently.

And with every voice I take away, I acquire yet another language.

I work very quickly.

I work faster than pediatric aids, cancer, and diabetes combined

And if you’re happily married, I will make sure that your marriage fails.

Your money will fall into my hands, and I will bankrupt you for my own self-gain.

I don’t sleep, so I make sure you don’t either.

I will make it virtually impossible for your family to easily attend a
    temple, birthday party, or public park without a struggle, without
    embarrassment, without pain.

You have no cure for me.

Your scientists don’t have the resources, and I relish their
    desperation. Your neighbors are happier to pretend that I don’t exist—of
    course, until it’s their child.

I am autism. I have no interest in right or wrong. I derive great pleasure out of your loneliness.

I will fight to take away your hope. I will plot to rob you of your
    children and your dreams. I will make sure that every day you wake up
    you will cry, wondering who will take care of my child after I die?

And the truth is, I am still winning, and you are scared. And you should be.

I am autism. You ignored me. That was a mistake.

And to autism I say:

I am a father, a mother, a grandparent, a brother, a sister.

We will spend every waking hour trying to weaken you.

We don’t need sleep because we will not rest until you do.

Family can be much stronger than autism ever anticipated, and we will
    not be intimidated by you, nor will the love and strength of my
    community.

I am a parent riding toward you, and you can push me off this horse time
    and time again, but I will get up, climb back on, and ride on with the
    message.

Autism, you forget who we are. You forget who you are dealing with. You
    forget the spirit of mothers, and daughters, and fathers and sons.

We are Qatar. We are the United Kingdom. We are the United States. We
    are China. We are Argentina. We are Russia. We are the Eurpoean Union.
    We are the United Nations.

We are coming together in all climates. We call on all faiths. We search
    with technology and voodoo and prayer and herbs and genetic studies and
    a growing awareness you never anticipated.

We have had challenges, but we are the best when overcoming them. We
    speak the only language that matters: love for our children.

Our capacity to love is greater than your capacity to overwhelm.

Autism is naïve. You are alone. We are a community of warriors. We have a voice.

You think because some of our children cannot speak, we cannot hear them? That is autism’s weakness.

You think that because my child lives behind a wall, I am afraid to knock it down with my bare hands?

You have not properly been introduced to this community of parents and
    grandparents, of siblings and friends and schoolteachers and therapists
    and pediatricians and scientists.

Autism, if you are not scared, you should be.

When you came for my child, you forgot: you came for me.

Autism, are you listening?
    ...and all this time, I thought the "autistic people are inhuman monsters that need to be cured" philosophy was only espoused in an implied manner. o_o Yes, Autism Speaks, I am to blame for all my family's problems and everyone would be happier if I were dead.
  • edited 2014-04-06 23:32:54
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Screw it let's rally together and feast on the flesh of the neurotypicals and destroy decent civilized society and cause death and suffering with our autism.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Ah, I have no complaints about the guitarwork. It's more about the voice quality. As a TMBG fan, I'm used to nasal singing, but Mangum takes it to another level. 

And to be fair, none of the covers of Two-Headed Boy in my playlist are quite as good on the instrumental front 
    I can accept being taken aback by Mangum's vocal timbre, but by the same token, he shows a surprising amount of technical deftness there as well. I mean, the man holds a single sustained note at high volume throughout the transition to "Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone" while accompanying himself on guitar. It's astonishing.
    "The Jews Speak," a charity for the extermination of Jews, staffed entirely by non-Jews.
  • edited 2014-04-06 23:34:58
  • I remember grinding for the Defender Enemy Card back in the day. 

Man, I don't even care about the Enemy Cards I just want to get through the game.
    Charities that spend 4% of their money on helping people and the other 96% on their awful bullshit and their own pockets are not charities.
  • Ah, I have no complaints about the guitarwork. It's more about the voice quality. As a TMBG fan, I'm used to nasal singing, but Mangum takes it to another level. 

I can accept being taken aback by Mangum's vocal timbre, but by the same token, he shows a surprising amount of technical deftness there as well. I mean, the man holds a single sustained note at high volume throughout the transition to "Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone" while accompanying himself on guitar. It's astonishing.
    If you say so. I haven't really gone past Aeroplane, so it's not like I have grounds to argue.
  • edited 2014-04-06 23:36:34
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ^^^ Even then, isn't "helping" kind of questionable, kind of like groups that use money to "help" gay children be straight?
    Kexruct said:
    :o
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

jello

Skeeboo!
    Fun fact: the boss depicted here is not even the "ultimate" boss in this game; she is only her pet. ^_^

I have now eaten all the jello.

Skeeeeboooooo!
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

If you say so. I haven't really gone past Aeroplane, so it's not like I have grounds to argue.

Listen to On Avery Island. It is really, *really* good, if very different from In the Aeroplane Over the Sea in some respects.
  • edited 2014-04-06 23:48:49
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    (I would also recommend some of their very early work, particularly the expanded version of Everything Is from the vinyl box and the cassette Hype City Soundtrack, but the further back you go the lighter you want to tread. Some of that stuff is real weird. Also, anything by their companion bands The Olivia Tremor Control and The Gerbils come highly recommended from me.)
    The theme of Toyosatomimi no Miko, who I may or may not be named after. :3

MetaFour said:

Skeeeeboooooo!
    is this some hipster reference I don't get
    Raiko <3

• edited 2014-04-06 23:55:57

Toxic Tower is in Donkey Kong Country 2, my dear

I know that.

I'm just saying it's a great Castlevania idea.
    oh
  • sorry

i sometimes say things kinda obliquely
  • edited 2014-04-07 00:25:41

MetaFour said:

Skeeeeboooooo!
    is this some hipster reference I don't get
    Skeebooooooooooooooooo... I mean, it's from an episode of Ultra Fast Pony, which is way too self-effacing to really be hipster anything.