The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Essa caraveira significa prerigo
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I didn't think I would ever say this, but I miss my brother now that he's always at college or with his girlfriend.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Break time

I'm working till 3 instead of 2 from now on!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    now I'm here
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

I didn't think I would ever say this, but I miss my brother now that he's always at college or with his girlfriend.

Awww.

Have you told him that?
  • edited 2014-04-07 14:08:00
    three gross centiinches = ? standard CD jewel case vertical (i.e. second-longest) dimension lengths
  • you're cheap sunglasses
    you're cheap sunglasses, and I see right through you
  • if the UN were to TYRANICALLY IMPOSE METRIC UNITS against the FREEDOM of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, it would be...

...a unitary government
  • > i see right through you

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Home now, at least until it's time to leave for class...
    I had a dream in which I "solved a mystery" Encyclopedia Brown-style: by finding some bizarre little contradiction and jumping to a totally unsupported conclusion.

Specifically, I "proved" someone was lying about being American, because they kept referring to the 1¢ coin by its proper name, cent, whereas a "real" American would of course call it a penny.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm listening to Todd's review of "Drive By" (yeah, again). My take-away from watching pretty much all of his episodes is

Human romance sure is weird!
    you can say that again
  • I had a dream in which I "solved a mystery" Encyclopedia Brown-style: by finding some bizarre little contradiction and jumping to a totally unsupported conclusion.

Specifically, I "proved" someone was lying about being American, because they kept referring to the 1¢ coin by its proper name, cent, whereas a "real" American would of course call it a penny.
    that dream makes no cents, but I'd still buy it for a dollar
    I dreamed that Chuck Norris came to visit me, for some reason.

I asked him if he really pushes the earth down when he does push-ups, and he denied it. Thereby smashing my illusions
    I started a randomized playthrough of Pokemon Leaf Green.
    The starters were Metagross, Manectric and Machamp. I picked Machamp because Metagross would have been too easy and Manectric too hard. I've also captured a Seel and a Raichu
    moo.
    Those days when it's dry and sunny the entire time you're working then starts raining 10 minutes before you go to leave
    bluh 20 after 5 already

gotta get to class

talk to y'all later
  • German Teacher wanted us to listen to classical music while doing our review session.

After trying two Bach pieces and both of them getting rejected because they were too exciting, I fell back on Handel's Water Music and everything was fine. 

And I was just thinking, oh Naney, he'll get a laugh out of this.
  • Beat Sora's story in Chain of Memories.

Thoughts:
    • Maybe it's just because I ground a bunch, but it didn't seem as difficult as it was made out to be. (Related: Why is it that no one ever says that difficulty is subjective? I feel like that gets left out too often.)
    • Marluxia's final form was really tedious but not all that difficult.
    • It's weird hearing Simple and Clean coming from GBA speakers
    • KHI and CoM were telling a very different story than the rest of the series. Not necessarily better or worse, just... different. Slightly more functional, but less ambitious.
    Class let out early today, which was nice.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    my brother has been told, at pretty short notice, that he needs to create music for his university project (a video game)

problem: he has no software for the job and no money

anyone know of any free software that's worth recommending?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Audacity, maybe?
    I don't think Audacity is good for making music from scratch.
    There's FL Studio but I don't know if it's free
    you now prossess Dracula's rib
  • FamiTracker is free, too.

As is ORG Maker.  And pxtone Collage.  These two are music formats developed by Pixel for use in his games (Cave Story uses ORGs).
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tachyon said:

my brother has been told, at pretty short notice, that he needs to create music for his university project (a video game)

problem: he has no software for the job and no money

anyone know of any free software that's worth recommending?

Well...

How much antipathy does he have towards piracy? Alternately, how willing is he to really work at making something good with difficult tools?
  • edited 2014-04-07 21:11:10
    Also, what kind of music does he need to create?  Will chiptunes suffice?  Is electronica demanded?  Is composing something for a midi rock band okay? 

Furthermore, if he's a musician himself he might be able to record himself playing music and add that in.  Just make sure it loops correctly or you have gaps planned for the loop.
    too old to spank, too young to send to prison
  • So today I saw a fly with no wings....

No this is not a special metaphor or anything, It was a fly(the bug) without aerial capacity and without Arial capacity either.(hur hur hur).

It was so weird, I tried to pick it up, but human fingers are not delicate tools for which can grasp a fly.
  • i recommend getting a Totally Legal version of FL Studio due to the easy learning curve when starting out, which is important considering that he probably is facing a deadline

there are lots a free trackers which are ideal for making chiptunes, but those are much more... formidable.

it's also really cheap for a DAW so he could actually buy it later if he needs to.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    If love is not love then the darkness has won.
  • i am going to post in comic sans now because i am arguing with someone on the internet
  • comic sans is a good font; it is easily readable and not too formal so it feels inviting to read.
  • people who hate comic sans can shove it up their love for serifs

well, the serif on the capital I is useful

otherwise, it's not
  • did i just insult all seriffed fonts?

YES I DID

TAKE THAT

I'M EXPANDING THE WAR!
  • LET'S EXPAND IT FURTHER!  DOWN WITH FORMALITY!

apparently this is what in-n-out food looks like

i want to go there
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    It's been a while since I've eaten at In-N-Out but I remember it being really good.
    dammit naney now i'm all hungry