The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Visual storytelling is the key part of comics and graphic novels. However, in some cases a very strong story can redeem average art.

I just hate the phrase when it's used as shorthand, not when it's trying to make a point.

As in "Batman Boogies Down is a good book to follow" not, "Superman Serves Soup is so wordy it might as well be a book"
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Goatal eclipse of the heart.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That'd be a shitty integrated graphics card on a cheap laptop, eh?

I know because I have the exact same one. :P
  • is there a way to like

make this better

without literally just buying a new computer

because seriously, those are the minimum system specs for fucking Rogue Legacy

which looks like this

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

Visual storytelling is the key part of comics and graphic novels. However, in some cases a very strong story can redeem average art.

I just hate the phrase when it's used as shorthand, not when it's trying to make a point.

As in "Batman Boogies Down is a good book to follow" not, "Superman Serves Soup is so wordy it might as well be a book"
    Ah, I get what you mean.
  • edited 2014-04-04 23:32:50
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It's J. Jonah Jameson :P

I don't even know who this is

i believe that that is one J. Jonah Jameson

• youtube just randomly recommended me what seems to be heavily pop-leaning mizrahi music being performed by muppets
  • A large collection of Lowry's work is on permanent public display in a purpose-built art gallery on Salford Quays named the Lowry. Lowry rejected five honours during his life – including a knighthood in 1968 and consequently holds the record for the most rejected British honours.
  • Haven said:

no kidding

goddammit i had to think about that one
    i actually got thirteen new followers just because of this post
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Nice!
  • edited 2014-04-05 00:12:53
    Got my A Link Between Worlds posters. 

They're really big and weirdly high quality for a rewards program thing.

My bedroom is quickly becoming a Poster Gallery Bedroom.
  • help i am turning into a trope what is happening to me nooooooo (*grows a beard, lampshade descends on  head*)

• I had a show tonight and went to an IHOP with my makeup and grey hair #swag
  • holy shit the comment section on that video is amazing
  • i have still never been to IHOP
  • I just don't understand how anyone could like pancakes enough to want to go to a restaurant dedicated to them.
  • Jeez, that show took a lot out of me though. And I still have two left.

And NO I won't not talk about this a bunch because it's going to devour my weekend.
  • im fairly certain that they must serve a variety of other breakfast foods, with pancakes simply being a specialty.

holy shit the comment section on that video is amazing

because there's nothing women love more than a "buque" of flowers
  • They serve pancakes as a side to most of their dishes which is really weird.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I went to IHOP during their Funnel Cake Carnivals, which they don't seem to do anymore

Chaps my ass that I know of no place that serves those full time

though I guess we could make them at home

im fairly certain that they must serve a variety of other breakfast foods, with pancakes simply being a specialty.

This is the truth. Used to go to IHOP a lot with friends. They're pretty good, actually.

...whoa.
  • I enjoy acting but it’s exhausting and stressful nonetheless.

I don’t remember my last show taking so much out of me, but in this one I have a bigger role, sorta? I only have one scene but I’m much more important than I was in the last play.

Anonus said:

I went to IHOP during their Funnel Cake Carnivals, which they don't seem to do anymore

Chaps my ass that I know of no place that serves those full time

though I guess we could make them at home
    Funnel cake is awesome.
  • edited 2014-04-05 00:31:01

i have no clue as to what a funnel cake is
  • holy shit the comment section on that video is amazing

We're gonna make fun of 12 and 13 year olds now, really? :/
  • i have no clue as to what a funnel cake is

Dough with powdered sugar on top.

It's not as good as literally everyone on the east coast seems to think it is, but it's OK.

Batter poured into a fryer in a spiralling pattern, then taken out and covered in powdered sugar.

We're gonna make fun of 12 and 13 year olds now, really? :/
    The misspellings are atrocious and the whole situation is just kinda goofy. I'm not thinking maliciously here, it's just silly, even by middle school standards.

im thinking about all the cool outfits i could make with this jacket which i could never afford

It's not as good as literally everyone on the east coast seems to think it is, but it's OK.
    You are a spoilsport and you are going to make me cry.

im thinking about all the cool outfits i could make with this jacket which i could never afford
    I have one that looks pretty similar to that and I got it for $15 at KMart.

such expensive

very classy

This jacket is gorgeous.

I am in a bad mood tonight because one of my boos is in absentia.

Mostly though I genuinely have never gotten the hype for funnel cake. I think elephant ears are way better, especially like the savory flavors.

such expensive

very classy
    how similar?
  • This jacket is gorgeous.

yeah i was thinking it could go with a white v-neck plus beat up really light wash jeans and some sorta brightly colored loafer or somesuch, neat summer outfit
    "buquê" is apparently how you say "bouquet" in Portugese, which admittedly does make me feel a bit bad because I was probably inadvertently picking on the misspellings of someone who isn't a native English speaker >_<

such expensive

very classy
    how similar?
    Darker shade of blue and the flowers were spaced a little differently.

Said shirt also went missing. So did my entire hawaiian shirt collection actually. I think my stepdad might have nicked it when he moved out.
  • "buquê" is apparently how you say "bouquet" in Portugese, which admittedly does make me feel a bit bad because I was probably inadvertently picking on the misspellings of someone who isn't a native English speaker >_<

oops
  • oh, a shirt?

i have a bunch of hawaiian shirts, never wear them though

Who?! 0-0

"buquê" is apparently how you say "bouquet" in Portugese, which admittedly does make me feel a bit bad because I was probably inadvertently picking on the misspellings of someone who isn't a native English speaker >_<

Huh.

That's genuinely interesting!

Who?! 0-0
    every time I mention this y'all act like it's the first time I've ever mentioned it, and this subsequently, is why I never mention it. :(
    Now, onto spellings worth making fun of:

(I'm not sure what's stranger, that I remember seeing this picture on some website 10 years ago or that I managed to find it again in like three minutes.)
  • oh, a shirt?

i have a bunch of hawaiian shirts, never wear them though
    well it's like halfway between a jacket and a shirt, like that one is.
  • nah man that's pretty strictly a blazer, even if it's got a print

and a pretty nice one at that, unlined, patch pockets, peak lapels...

(*drools*)

every time I mention this y'all act like it's the first time I've ever mentioned it, and this subsequently, is why I never mention it. :(

Well you never told me!
  • eww i just noticed it has breast pockets on both sides

not a fan of that