The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• also i only ever recall you mentioning your significant others once and even then you did not mention who they are.

not to imply that you have any sort of obligation to do mention that of course or anything
  • Just finished up an 18 hour workday today. It was awesome but I'm exhausted.
  • every time I mention this y'all act like it's the first time I've ever mentioned it, and this subsequently, is why I never mention it. :(

Well you never told me!
    man I consider you a friend but I also don't feel the need to keep my internet pals up to date with my love life unless they are involved in said love life :I

I guess I just shouldn't have been so specific.

Anyway, I'm going to play Rogue Legacy now.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    My love life is pretty inextricably linked with my platonic life...
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

every time I mention this y'all act like it's the first time I've ever mentioned it, and this subsequently, is why I never mention it. :(

Well you never told me!
    man I consider you a friend but I also don't feel the need to keep my internet pals up to date with my love life unless they are involved in said love life :I

Well... uh, OK. u_u

Congratulations, in any case.
  • edited 2014-04-05 01:06:55

Throw a stick, and the servile dog wheezes and pants and stumbles to bring it to you. Do the same before a cat, and he will eye you with coolly polite and somewhat bored amusement. And just as inferior people prefer the inferior animal which scampers excitedly because someone else wants something, so do superior people respect the superior animal which lives its own life and knows that the puerile stick-throwings of alien bipeds are none of its business and beneath its notice. The dog barks and begs and tumbles to amuse you when you crack the whip. That pleases a meekness-loving peasant who relishes a stimulus to his self importance. The cat, on the other hand, charms you into playing for its benefit when it wishes to be amused; making you rush about the room with a paper on a string when it feels like exercise, but refusing all your attempts to make it play when it is not in the humour. That is personality and individuality and self-respect -- the calm mastery of a being whose life is its own and not yours -- and the superior person recognises and appreciates this because he too is a free soul whose position is assured, and whose only law is his own heritage and aesthetic sense.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Reading back up the thread: Hmmm. Burgundy, can you go to Computer->About (or the equivalent on Windows 8, I forget where it is there) and see what processor is in your machine? (A screen shot will do)

HD Graphics 4000 should be enough to run a game that needs only 256 MB of video RAM, even it complains about only 32 MB being available at a time; Intel's integrated 3D acceleration has improved quite a bit from the bad old days of the Extreme Graphics/GMA chips (which were about on par with the old NVIDIA TNT2 :P).
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    octaves
  • lee4hmz said:

Reading back up the thread: Hmmm. Burgundy, can you go to Computer->About (or the equivalent on Windows 8, I forget where it is there) and see what processor is in your machine? (A screen shot will do)

HD Graphics 4000 should be enough to run a game that needs only 256 MB of video RAM, even it complains about only 32 MB being available at a time; Intel's integrated 3D acceleration has improved quite a bit from the bad old days of the Extreme Graphics/GMA chips (which were about on par with the old NVIDIA TNT2 :P).
    I actually just bought the game anyway and it mostly runs fine (it lags a bit when it turns some of the visual filters on, but it's not a huge deal).

every time I mention this y'all act like it's the first time I've ever mentioned it, and this subsequently, is why I never mention it. :(

Well you never told me!

Well... uh, OK. u_u

Congratulations, in any case.
    sorry, I kinda feel like I was being a jerk here.

I haven't made you upset have I? :(

Throw a stick, and the servile dog wheezes and pants and stumbles to bring it to you. Do the same before a cat, and he will eye you with coolly polite and somewhat bored amusement. And just as inferior people prefer the inferior animal which scampers excitedly because someone else wants something, so do superior people respect the superior animal which lives its own life and knows that the puerile stick-throwings of alien bipeds are none of its business and beneath its notice. The dog barks and begs and tumbles to amuse you when you crack the whip. That pleases a meekness-loving peasant who relishes a stimulus to his self importance. The cat, on the other hand, charms you into playing for its benefit when it wishes to be amused; making you rush about the room with a paper on a string when it feels like exercise, but refusing all your attempts to make it play when it is not in the humour. That is personality and individuality and self-respect -- the calm mastery of a being whose life is its own and not yours -- and the superior person recognises and appreciates this because he too is a free soul whose position is assured, and whose only law is his own heritage and aesthetic sense.

also no black people allowed
  • edited 2014-04-05 01:24:03
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Okay, that sounds good. People tend to rag on the Intel graphics as if they're still as bad as they were in 2006, so actually trying a game is always your best bet.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Where is that from?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    No CyanogenMod 11 M5 tonight? Mildly disappointed; they've been keeping it mostly regularly on the first Friday of the month since December or so.

Maybe they'll do it tomorrow...
  • it looks to be from Rogue Legacy
  • it is in fact from Rogue Legacy.

That character also had the Clumsy trait.

I should add "Emile" to the name list, it's just a plaintext text file.
  • lookin' rad, feelin' sad
    looking California and feeling Minnesota
  • Tre said:

lookin' rad, feelin' sad

erry damn day
    doughnuts
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

doughnuts

I was going to link to Jolly Pirate Donuts's website and say something like "this is my favorite doughnut place", but...they actually don't appear to have a website.
    well golly gee, join the dot com revolution, will ya
  • edited 2014-04-05 02:39:40

best black rose:

Best black rose:
    Pfft.  Akira Hayami is more interesting than anything Utena has to offer.
    1. akira hayami is not more interesting than utena as a whole.  though at least you're talking about .hack which is probably at least a little good and not usual gmhshit
    2. wakaba is not the best black rose duelist
  • re .hack//: Another Birth > SIGN
  • .hack//theplanet
  • > usual gmhshit

> implying that strain is anywhere near shit

> (except the seventh episode, that episode is shit)
  • straining to hack
  • dammit i need to go to this festival so bad

next year i s2g
  • It is 8:08, class starts at 9. To get there I need to catch 2 busses
  • Caught the first one...
  • I think I'll be on time!
  • I'm EARLY!!!! :D
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Miko cleared Gradius II with one life, yay.
  • it is 20-fucking-14 and people are still whining about William Bennett

(*sigh*)
  • people on tumblr be basic as hell i s2g
  • edited 2014-04-05 11:01:19
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    It is 20-fucking-14 and some people still can't get over that some people are attracted to the same sex.
  • But Bennett’s questionable race and gender politics are not unique within the noise or techno scenes. In fact, they are all too common. Some of the best-loved, most critically lauded labels have welcomed actual fascists onto their rosters and into their sets. As well as releasing work from Cut Hands, Downwards boss Regis frequently uses the music of fascist artists in his mixes. As a member of Sandwell District, Regis included tracks from Boyd Rice and Death In June in his mix for Fabric. Both also appear on 2012’s Hidden Summer mix.
    brb falling back into fields of rape 12ever
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Here is another thing Miko did, yay.

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Yarrun's avatar is unsettling.

How can I make my friend feel happy?
    (2015 self)
    Miko said:

Here is another thing Miko did, yay.

Great job, miko!

I couldn't do that.
    (2015 self)
    Parplegar circopomber triplepost.
  • edited 2014-04-05 11:18:42

when four tet samples what is described as "tribal drum sounds and chanting" without any regard for what he's doing it's all good fun and records fly off the shelves

when when William Bennett uses polyrhythmic techniques derived from a thorough study of african music in his Cut Hands project it's "cultural appropriation"

can someone explain to me how this makes any gosh darn sense