The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I BEAT A SHMUP

WITH MULTIPLE SHIELDS AND LOTS OF CONTINUES

>:B >:B >:B >:B >:B >:B >:B >:B >:B >:B
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I just had an idea for a computer game where you play as the bad guys of a computer game (you know, Goombas, Dr. Robotnik's robots, that kind of thing).  And you have to beat the player character guy.

So, like, when you beat that guy in a boss battle, before you even get to the rest of the game, it flashes to a "loading" screen and you have to do the fight again, since that guy turned off the game without saving and then loaded his latest save so your victory didn't happen.  Redo.

Also, you can't use the pause button, but that guy can, so he abuses that, too.

Also, he has a bunch of lives and tends to do whatever it is to heal himself.  You have to get rid of all his lives; but if he beats you once he saves the game and continues.  And throughout the game, that guy gets powerups and stuff.

Luckily, you get to play as all the bad guys, all the mooks and stuff; and every end boss.

Also, if you start doing good enough at that game, that guy starts using cheat codes and walkthroughs.

Like, imagine what that would be like; having to play as the stupid bandits that get killed off in a Fire Emblem game, or playing as the Goombas in Super Mario Bros.

Man, if you managed to actually win, that would be the most satisfying thing ever.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Pillows said:

I just played a shmup

Which one? :)
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Miko unlocked stages 1 through 5 for practice in Subterranean Animism. This took a lot of stage retries and was difficult. Lunatic mode is not messing around here. Only the very best will survive.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    They look just like you and me.
    But under their unassuming exteriors lies a vicious monster.
    Driven by a sickening addiction, they prey on the vulnerable, ruining the lives of families everywhere.
    With our team of undercover agents, we pose as unsuspecting victims to catch these menaces to society and bring them to justice.
    It's time for...
    To Catch A Banker
  • edited 2013-12-10 16:48:59
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Also, why not play a pokemon game where you play as a swarm of Zubats attempting to ruin the day of an innocent kid playing Pokemon?

Yeah, swarm that kid, swarm that kid.

Or evolve into Golbat and have mean look, confuse ray, Poison Fang, and air slash maybe even evolve into Crobat and have stupidly high speed (I'd suggest a game where you play as Tentacool and Tentacruel, but that's beyond the plale even for this)!
  • edited 2013-12-10 16:55:40
    play as giant tentacruel

lead tentacools

invade city

new RTS

edit:
    secret unit: squid girl
  • edited 2013-12-10 17:06:10
    edit: moved to new thread
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    this one

I beat it on the easiest setting using 3 continues

BUT I DID IT
  • Parodius Da is hilarious.
    it was pretty funny, I would recommend it
  • which version did you play?
  • edited 2013-12-10 17:24:46
    (2015 self)
    Is it okay that I hate both Al Franken and Rush Limbaugh?

Anyways, why was it again that you guys liked the conservatives so much (or was it the liberals, I forget).
    I played the SNES version.

I do not like politicians.
  • ^^ I like the liberals because they tend to have more practically feasible and reasonable policy ideas.

I like the conservatives because they are more entertaining.  Sometimes.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The thing is that even if you hate his style of humour, Al Franken is a legitimately moral, thoughtful person and pretty nice when he wants to be. Rush Limbaugh is... not.

William F. Buckley I can respect, and P.J. O'Rourke, and even David Frum. But Limbaugh is simply a wretched human being.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Sredni Vashtar! You are back!
  • edited 2013-12-10 17:31:57
    (2015 self)
    Well, I like whichever one you heapers keep complaining about. 

Because whichever one the other one is, the one that you guys seem to complain less about, I don't like that one.
    I do not remember anyone complaining about either.
    Odradek said:

Sredni Vashtar! You are back!

Eeeeeyup.

For a few days, at least. I'll be back home when my sister comes back for break, but I'll try to check in now and then.
  • I woke up at 5PM today

such a go-getter I am.
    (2015 self)
    Yay, Sredni's back!

-no hug, though.  I have a cold-
  • P.J. O'Rourke da bess
    He is, at least partly because he, y'know, actually admits when the other side has a point.
  • edited 2013-12-10 18:09:05
    (2015 self)
    Hey, guys, quit growing that awful weed around Colorado and stuff.  Seriously, those plants send their seeds all over the place, and also, it's illegal, and for good reason.  That weed is bad for you and you shouldn't sell it or grow it. Yes, a plant can, in fact, be a crime; and no, you do not, in fact, have the right to grow said weed wherever you want.

I am, of course, referring to the Donkey Tail (also called Myrtle Spurge) plant, which seriously should not be in Colorado at all.  'tis an invasive noxious weed, and it's slightly poisonous.

As for Marijuana, grow it all you want. 
    Pillows said:

this one

I beat it on the easiest setting using 3 continues

BUT I DID IT

:o
    YES
    Aliroz said:

Hey, guys, quit growing that awful weed around Colorado and stuff.  Seriously, those plants send their seeds all over the place, and also, it's illegal, and for good reason.  That weed is bad for you and you shouldn't sell it or grow it. Yes, a plant can, in fact, be a crime; and no, you do not, in fact, have the right to grow said weed wherever you want.

I am, of course, referring to the Donkey Tail (also called Myrtle Spurge) plant, which seriously should not be in Colorado at all.  'tis an invasive noxious weed, and it's slightly poisonous.

I thought that it was funnier without the additional line-and-a-half of clarification, but still.

You can be very wry when you want to be, Al. I appreciate that.
  • Aliroz said:

Win.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That was pretty clever, Aliroz
    Things I have got for my family this Christmas

Mom: A book of short stories by Saki

Dad: A book on Stephen King

Step-Mom: A picture frame

18 Year-Old Brother: A poster of Jaws.

10 Year-Old Brother: The Phantom Tollbooth

6 Year-Old Brother: A collection of Gamera movies.
  • i have only gotten things for my mom so far...
  • edited 2013-12-10 18:54:43

not your favorite relation i suppose?

not your favorite relation i suppose?
    It is a very nice picture-frame. It would have cost 25 dollars if it hadn't been on sale.

Also I do not know her too well, so I got someone else to buy it with my money.

She is nice, though.
    I approve of your mom reading Saki.

For obvious reasons, and less obvious ones.
  • edited 2013-12-10 19:31:58
    (2015 self)
    Well, the thread died when I posted that, and I wasn't sure that you guys were familiar with Myrtle Spurge.  I thought I'd offended you guys there.

NOTE:  Marijuana is also not native to the Americas (It also requires so much nitrogen it's not even funny.  I mean, seriously, are you trying to deplete the nitrogen content of your soils.) but there's no way I'm going to stop people planting that.
  • The 17th of December can't come soon enough.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    LEGITIMATE OTHERKIN & FICTIVES
    LEFT LANE

UNIRONIC LIFETIME FANS OF CHRISTIAN WESTON CHANDLER
    RIGHT LANE

DZHOKHAR TSARNAEV FANGIRLS
    BOTH LANES
    The Phantom Tollbooth is a good book

I wish I still had my copy
    If there is a hell, it involves nerds critiquing other nerds's taste in music.
    Horsie! With a heart on his head! :D
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The Phantom Tollbridge. The terrifying tale of a man trapped over the River Severn.
  • The King's Shadow has gone missing from its old place.

I don't know why I thought it would be in its old place anyways; it was at the head of my mattress; I sleep there.

The Phantom Tollbridge. The terrifying tale of a man trapped over the River Severn.

WELCOME TO GOATSWOOD.
    (2015 self)

The King's Shadow has gone missing from its old place.

I don't know why I thought it would be in its old place anyways; it was at the head of my mattress; I sleep there.
    Clearly the ravens picked it up and flew away with it.
  • Odradek said:

If there is a hell, it involves nerds whining about twitter marxists

ftfy