The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• really tho Wales has at least as much reason to be anti-English and they're much more chill about it

they do have a funny habit of switching to Welsh when they don't want to be understood, which i guess is a perk of being bilingual

my grandmother, weirdly enough, speaks Welsh.

she learned it as part of some....like... religious thing. I dunno, my grandma is in to all sorts of druidic and wiccan traditions I don't know anything about and a few years ago she went to Wales for the entire year.
  • I really don't like that post about Anne Bonny that's been floating around tumblr.
  • edited 2013-10-11 03:11:29
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    really i wouldn't begrudge Scotland their anti-Englishness except some people there (mostly teenagers, admittedly) will literally be a dick to you just because you're English, sometimes to the point of trying to pick fights with random English-accented people
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

really tho Wales has at least as much reason to be anti-English and they're much more chill about it

they do have a funny habit of switching to Welsh when they don't want to be understood, which i guess is a perk of being bilingual

I should learn Welsh...

Hon, please, let's move to Scotland or Wales?
  • and apart from miss bachmann we have all the coolest politicians

and lastly

R.I.P dude u_u
  • when your strongest point of argument for a woman's status as historically significant is that she's "a badass" you're feeding into a very traditionalist masculinist worldview that is so far away from feminist you could stick a fedora on it and send it to reddit. Pirates--that is, actual ones--are not people to be admired.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

IIRC canadians troops invented the concentration camp in one of the boer wars?

Also apparently there are some rather vocally racist canadians fwiw
    Also: Mad cow disease; Alberta politicians; Nickleback and Justin Bieber; old Québecois men in tiny Speedos; the Keystone XL pipeline; the Mountie corruption scandal; and teen soap operas.
    You forgot the steady supply of crappy cartoons that Canadian animation studios pump out
  • Anonus said:

Also: Mad cow disease; Alberta politicians; Nickleback and Justin Bieber; old Québecois men in tiny Speedos; the Keystone XL pipeline; the Mountie corruption scandal; and teen soap operas.
    You forgot the steady supply of crappy cartoons that Canadian animation studios pump out
    do you have some kind of problem with Totally Spies.

she is over in the gerrymandered-to-heck 6th district and nobody likes her

we make crop-art mocking her and the rest of the republican party and show it at the fair every year

though the republicans do hand out free balloons, so you'd be a fool not to take 'em

also we have rocky and bullwinkle, who are >>>>>>> asterix
    oh shit yeah Rocky and Bullwinkle are bomb-ass shit (and kinda-sorta employees of ABC Inc)
  • edited 2013-10-11 03:14:20
    The sadness will last forever.
    dir
    Anonus said:

True point.

and apart from miss bachmann we have all the coolest politicians

and lastly

R.I.P dude u_u
    Wasn't Eugene Debs from Minnesota?

If so, you really do.
    Anonus said:

do you have some kind of problem with
    Totally Spies.
    No

I have a problem with the late, probably unlamented Cookie Jar Entertainment

And SheZow! seems like the sort of thing I would have a problem with
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Totally Spies is one of my guilty pleasure cartoons.
  • I really hesitate to call Jesse Ventura anything positive.
    Androids
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    depression
  • and we have gay marriage, a bunch of lakes, malt 'o meal, General Mills, Red Wing boots, the mayo clinic, Cock ESP, The Replacements, Prince...

• We can do anything if we do it together.
    Anonus said:

We also have Stephen Harper.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Ludmila said:

I really don't like that post about Anne Bonny that's been floating around tumblr.

i do think it's interesting that apparently pirate crews were often considerably more gender-egalitarian than lawful society of the time

but yeah, piracy is over-romanticized and really not something to be celebrated
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    why would you like any post that floats around tumblr
    good posts get like 3 notes
  • Wasn't Eugene Debs from Minnesota?

naw, he was from indiana or illinois iirc

I really hesitate to call Jesse Ventura anything positive.

you are just saying that because he could totally beat up any former governor from your state

and we have gay marriage, a bunch of lakes, malt 'o meal, General Mills, Red Wing boots, the mayo clinic, Cock ESP, The Replacements, Prince...

OK, yes, the Twin Cities are awesome.

I still want to look at other places. Or at least visit.

Anonus said:

We also have Stephen Harper.
    Very good point.
    breakfast tiem
    swollen genitals
  • I really hesitate to call Jesse Ventura anything positive.

You are just saying that because he could totally beat up any former governor from your state
    if he did that I'd probably like him a lot more.

why would you like any post that floats around tumblr

"third party content aggregators have left me in despair."

Ludmila said:

I really don't like that post about Anne Bonny that's been floating around tumblr.

i do think it's interesting that apparently pirate crews were often considerably more gender-egalitarian than lawful society of the time

but yeah, piracy is over-romanticized and really not something to be celebrated
    it's more that I just think "she was good at killing people" is a fucking awful reason to find someone admirable.
    hungry but too lazy to cook
    Anne Bonny who?

and we have gay marriage, a bunch of lakes, malt 'o meal, General Mills, Red Wing boots, the mayo clinic, Cock ESP, The Replacements, Prince...

And Mark Simonson and the Process Type Foundry and Jeremy Mickel!
  • "here let me just make fun of everything to cover up my own total lack of identity."
  • edited 2013-10-11 03:25:10
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    fuk yeah surgery and hormones
  • "I enjoy hurting people because I can't get any emotion out of anybody otherwise"
  • no one really cares if Atlas shrugged or not because the metaphor is too convoluted to make any sense anyway.
    Atlas? *shrugs*
  • knowing my luck I am probably going to need heart surgery and I'm going to be the one in ten million case who experiences waking paralysis during said surgery.
  • I don't know why I'm posting this.

goodnight or something. whatever.
    Ludmila said:

no one really cares if Atlas shrugged or not because the metaphor is too convoluted to make any sense anyway.

Less convoluted than absurd.
    :(

good night, Mo.
    wheee gonna watch 1 loop of this

oh im sorry about that :x
    Me too.
    Ludmila said:

I wish I had less on my mind.

I understand.

I do, too.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus is my best friend
    Thinking.
    Life is the biggest guilt trip.
    Route 666 said:

Anonus is my best friend

You're mine too!
    Really sad as usual. Going to bed now.