The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    (i have no idea what i'd even do with a smartphone)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Sometimes I feel spoiled for having a smartphone, since I wouldn't be able to if my parents didn't pay for its service

Doesn't help that I use it mainly to feed my internet addiction... >_>
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I may attempt to sleep again
  • edited 2013-10-09 04:57:18
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Fun fact: the current Scotland is actually Scotland II, introduced in 1999. It has a faster processor and twice the RAM of the original Scotland

You should have seen some of the beta releases
    i knew it

those crafty Scots

it's why they always have better stuff
    I laughed

Despite being too American to fully understand the context of the joke
    But either way, you made me smile, so that's a bonus.
    yay!

i am happy

(Scots probably don't actually get better stuff, but they get free higher education which is reason to be envious)
  • edited 2013-10-09 05:07:48
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    also better New Year's celebrations

and whiskey
  • edited 2013-10-09 05:20:46
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    lol nvm better vid
    hello Walpurgisnacht!
    I'm too tired to do much of anything

But too restlessess to fall asleep

I shouldn't have skipped that dose of my risperidone, though there'd be no point to taking it right this moment

If I'm still awake in an hour I might go for an early morning walk
    i know that feeling

i can't believe it's 10:14 already, i should actually do stuff instead of sitting here

but they get free higher education which is reason to be envious)

Indeed
    So we're 5 hours apart

That's good to know
    yep

and me and Anonus are 7 hours apart
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

hello Walpurgisnacht!

Hello Jabberwock. :D I am still in love.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    better vid

also i want this game a lot but you can only get it in Japanese for X360
  • edited 2013-10-09 05:23:45
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    like it's mainly the import costs and I spend enough on importing Touhou games for PC
    X360 is region locked anyway isn't it?
    remember when Pluto was a planet and then it wasn't and people got all upset?

• edited 2013-10-09 05:28:35

X360 is region locked anyway isn't it?

Some games apparently are not but generally yes.

remember when Pluto was a planet and then it wasn't and people got all upset?

Remember when the apatosaurus was still a brontosaurus? :)
    no, actually

when i was a kid it was called Apatosaurus and i have never really understood the attachment people have to the name Brontosaurus
    and you try to say Apatosaurus is a decent name and peeps be all like BUT STEPHEN JAY GOULD

because we all know nobody is allowed to disagree with Stephen Jay Gould, it's not like that is a thing that has ever happened
    oh ok. :) As a child I knew it as a brontosaurus because idk maybe Americans never stopped using it except in science class and paleontology.
    oh people over here call it Brontosaurus as well, but in the books i had it was Apatosaurus
    I read outdated books. :D
    and now the books i read are outdated, because in the pictures none of the dinosaurs had feathers :)

i should get moving

later
    :)
  • edited 2013-10-09 06:03:26
    an AI-controlled expert run. :o Nice.

how can this AI be so good
    lol the AI got killed 3 times... crazy.
  • being sick sucks.

but hey, at least I've got Haim and Sleigh Bells to help me get through it

• they remind me of Wilson Phillips

like, a lot
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-10-09 09:49:22
    CDM: If H.A.I.M. was a real-life acronym, what would each letter stand for?
    HAIM: Hard Ass Ill Muchachas.

CDM: In your opinion, who is the best girl-band of all time?
    HAIM: Wilson Phillips.

CDM: What are your five favourite things in the whole wide world and why?
    HAIM: Other than music? Sriracha - 'cause it's so good on everything. Air conditioning - because we live in The Valley. Woody Allen movies - because duh... they're the best! 'Taco Zone' - our favourite taco-truck in Los Angeles. Mopeds - we couldn’t get around without them.

oh god they are perfect, that acronym is greeeeat

also that Sriracha comment makes me wonder if The Oatmeal has heard of them
  • I am sleepy. Also I only have a dollar, which is not enough to get a soda with. >:/
  • Sorry about that, bro. :/

Usually one can get soda from Mickey D's around here for a buck and 8 cents. I'd give you the luxury if I could.

• ermahgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd
  • Currently using the one Mac computer in the school library & baffled as to how people ever use these things.
  • how do I  right click if there's only one mouse button
    You Control+click instead. :P
  • no I don't b/c that's stupid.

also this computer is slow as hell and I would be willing to bet it cost 8x as much as the Dells in here. But it has GarageBand, so it's ok.
    How old is this Mac?

My college's computer lab has a few Macs, but they're all relatively recent.

The place I go for job counseling, on the other hand, has a computer lab full of brand-new Dells...and one early-2000s iMac G3, with a sign taped to it that says "This is a MAC".

Doesn't exactly meet MUTCD standards, but I suppose it gets the job done.
  • Half an hour and I can go hooooooome and take a cat nap
  • Route 666 said:

How old is this Mac?

My college's computer lab has a few Macs, but they're all relatively recent.

The place I go for job counseling, on the other hand, has a computer lab full of brand-new Dells...and one early-2000s iMac G3, with a sign taped to it that says "This is a MAC".
    idk. It doesn't look that old.

I switched to a Dell in the main part of the library anyway. Not really wanting to wait 5 minutes to load a page.
  • Gentleman Boners is a true gentleman's club. This is an oasis like no other! Only the finest eye candy of the classiest nature can be found here. Elegant, graceful, timeless women are one click away.

Be gone with you and your slutty, trashy, & whorish succubi! For they are not welcome here. Do not bother posting if you can not tell the difference between beauty and seduction.

stahp