The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    hershey drop head
  • my boyfriend has one of these http://www.firestone-audio.eu/shop/products/allproductslisted/fubar2-mkii.php

and i had no idea how expensive it was until i looked it up just now

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well, following that bizarre dream, I'm off to work. See everypony later.
  • edited 2013-05-16 18:09:10
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I had a pretty good day overall. I applied for a dorm for the next month and then went out for ice cream at Marble Slab.

I like Strawberry Skydive.
  • I got my testing scheduled for next week and my mom got the OK to return to work tomorrow morning.
  • supremely awful
  • edited 2013-05-16 18:16:17
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Placement tests, I'm assuming? Good luck with those, Mojave.

Also, I'm watching an episode of Carmen Sandiego where the loot is all the potatoes in Idaho. Cue JZ's sudden appearance.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    This one kid got one question right in the entire game. That's just sad.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Carmen Sandiego: The Creepypasta
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Guess what?

Benedict Cumberbatch is playing KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Yes, that KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.
    (2015 self)
    You think THAT's an image?

THIS is an image.

Oh yeah.
    (2015 self)
    Darn it, Jim, I'm an alligator, not a turtle!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hi everypony

Sorry I was making an ass of myself this morning >_<

I feel a lot better now. Somehow working (albeit very briefly) put me in a good mood. Nothing like a stale, repetitive task to clear your mind sometimes, you know?
  • Sometimes.

Dish-washing usually has the same effect on me, though it tends to just exacerbate everything to painful levels.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit

Hi everypony

Sorry I was making an ass of myself this morning >_<

I feel a lot better now. Somehow working (albeit very briefly) put me in a good mood. Nothing like a stale, repetitive task to clear your mind sometimes, you know?
    I do know

Though usually I find long walks to be more effective.
    Long walks work too, but I find that if I'm walking somewhere I'm too familiar with (like my own neighborhood) I start dwelling on the unpleasant thoughts instead of paying attention to what I'm actually doing.

With work, at least there's something I need to maintain focus on, so I know I'm doing my job correctly.
    I got my dorm assignment for the next month, so I can conveniently live on campus for my on-campus internship. Yay!
    (2015 self)
    This just in:

More copies of Fifty Shades Of Grey have been sold than all copies of all of Ray Bradbury's books, put together.

I got my dorm assignment for the next month, so I can conveniently live on campus for my on-campus internship. Yay!

Niiice!

*princessgatorbrohoof*
  • Aliroz_ said:

More copies of Fifty Shades Of Grey have been sold than all copies of all of Ray Bradbury's books, put together.

Fortunately Ray,  forward thinking man that he was, found a solution to this problem ages ago

• edited 2013-05-16 21:06:04
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Fifty Shades is at least a victory for us H&FJ fanboys

More Archer is out there
  • edited 2013-05-16 21:12:54
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Good gosh man, at least give me a warning before posting something like that.

Do you want to make me have a panic attack?
  • Ray Bradbury's writing style was great, but I'm not sure I particularly liked F451.
  • edited 2013-05-16 21:14:14
    Aliroz_ said:

Take it away.

Take it away.

Take it away.

That cover scares me scares me scares me.
    Ali, if that kind of thing triggers you, you might want to talk to somebody about it. I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm being entirely serious. Because that's a quite bizarre thing to be triggered by, and it kind of worries me.
    (2015 self)
    Anything involving burning books scares me.

Luckily, I managed to cure my reaction through laughter with this image:

• edited 2013-05-16 21:20:28
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Didn't Bradbury also adapt "I Sing the Body Electric" (his short story, not the Whitman poem) into a Twilight Zone episode?
  • Aliroz that man is clearly composed of magazines.
  • edited 2013-05-16 21:22:20
    Aliroz_ said:

Anything involving burning books scares me.

I understood that much, but having something like that cause panic attacks isn't good. 
    (2015 self)
    Yeah, Yarrun, I think we're on the same page here.

That centaur is clearly Equius, and Equius's arms clearly have little Equiuses/Equie/Equiie/Equipeople on them.
    (2015 self)
    Yay!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    yay books
    trailer full of ebooks
  • gwargh

I wanna start over in Pokemon Black 2 but I forget how to erase my save.

trailer full of Horse_ebooks
    trailer full of horse
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    trailer full of pony

gwargh

I wanna start over in Pokemon Black 2 but I forget how to erase my save.

I think you can look it up on Google. It's something like X+B+Start+Select on the title screen.
  • This button combination is very well near impossible on a 3DS.
  • finally got it.

This is the first time in ages I've put in any name but Kyoko as my character. Went with Violet this time, seemed more psychic-y.

Violet's a nice name

It always makes me think of the girl from The Incredibles, then the girl from A Series of Unfortunate Events
    Black Escargot
    Someone at work today called me a prince, which means I am finally as good as Central Avenue
  • current chronology for Mojave's Pokemon PCs:

Krissie (Crystal) -- > Kyoko (Sapphire) --> Kyoko II (Emerald) -- > Kyoko III (White) --> Kyoko IV (Black 2, First Run) --> Violet (Black 2, Second Run)

as I remember anyway.

the fourth Kyoko and Violet are presumably related in some way.