The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

Speaking of Way-back machines. No quote button, what a terrible way to live.
  • Yarrun said:

Anonus: 100% Puppy

• I've had my fun with the way-back machine, as it turns out, the past should stay buried and rotting

Much like corpses I suppose.

• I just realized that statement might make it look like I killed someone, I am just clearing this up right now, that I am not directly responsible for killing anyone.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    She is voiced by Tara Strong, after all
  • is that from the new Teen Titans series?
    Yes, I think it is...
  • no it's from the old one
  • when did i get imipoints
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    HAPPI SETTO!
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu

キェェェェェェアァァァァァァシャァベッタァァァァァァァ!!!

• Is it me, or are a lot of us very bitter people?
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu

I just licked my arm and it was salty.

• I am at a Burger King.

Naney said:

no it's from the old one

I was more asking if it was from the new series or the shorts they aired between shows about a year ago.
  • also I'm playing DCSS, I'm pretty sure this is what the 80s thought the future would look like.
  • edited 2013-04-26 18:45:36
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    My argument for the admins adding Romain Du Roi to our fonts is as follows:

• I don't think we have any control over font selection. Take it up with Vanillaforums.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Okay, where is Vanillaforums.

What sort of people don't even have very many fonts on a forum full of anoraks?

Also, don't admins have all sorts of messing-with-stuff and changing the site and writing the codes and stuff powers?
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-04-26 19:08:21
    Probably, but unfortunately I doubt that Romain Du Roi is a system font on any operating system. We wouldn't be able to use it without buying a wicked expensive typeface license, not to mention it doesn't appear to have ever been digitized.

Sorry Aliroz.
    If we had someone around here who could use FontForge well enough, then we might be able to do custom fonts someday. It's open source, though, so you can play around with it without upsetting Adobe or Autodesk or whoever.
    (2015 self)
    But..but...but G!

It's so beautiful.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That is some pretty awesome lettering.
    (Also, if you can think of fonts that are free to use and useful, we can add them to the menu and make them available to everyone with a modern browser using CSS3. Just a thought!)
  • lee4hmz said:

(Also, if you can think of fonts that are free to use and useful, we can add them to the menu and make them available to everyone with a modern browser using CSS3. Just a thought!)

Open Sans
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Funny, a long time ago I toyed with the idea of making Open Sans the default because, unlike the default Lucida Sans Unicode, it has proper italics.
  • edited 2013-04-26 19:27:36

life people love FUCK FUCKING SHIT
  • Funny, a long time ago I toyed with the idea of making Open Sans the default because, unlike the default Lucida Sans Unicode, it has proper italics.
    i want you to do this so bad plllleeeassseee
    (2015 self)
    I like Lucida Sans Unicode, but yeah, we do need proper italics.
    why isn't there an episode where Fluttershy smokes pot

like, maybe in the whole episode she just starts smoking pot for no reason at all and nobody really thinks anything of it
  • Anonus said:

why isn't there an episode where Fluttershy smokes pot

do i really need to explain this
    I know what you're gonna say, "because it's a kids' show meant to sell toys and thus Hasbro does not want to do anything controversial"

But that's not stopping me
    Naney your deadpan responses to Anonymous Avenue's nonsense are quite amusing at times

*princess-to-kitty high five*
  • edited 2013-04-26 20:05:15

(*High paw*)
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-04-26 20:30:37
    CA is a princess
    Aliroz's a gator
    Tre is a toothy bird
    Clock... we'll figure out later

Imi G's a Rush fan
    and Naney is a cat
    Kexy enjoys 999
    We're all aware of that

Justice: too kawaii to live
    yet too sugoi to die
    Friday is his luv4lyf
    they make sure Lain won't cry

Mojave's a beatmaker
    Sredni's good with paper
    Odradek's an internet nonsense-raker

Wheatley's anti-generic
    Tachyon is esoteric
    Earthlight Ray tends to border on the ionospheric

Lee's the man behind the scenes
    Working with black and green screens
    And yes, alright, let's be honest
    We all wouldn't be here without Anonus

Let's not forget Viani, the #trashheapers or GMH
    I would've said them but I failed to leave some space
    Aw, crap, he's here, one guy I forgot!
    Please forgive me, dear Inkblot!

:P
  • (apologies to those of you who I forgot and I know I left some out, I didn't remember ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE)
    *seal of approval*
    ionospheric?
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-04-26 20:50:32
    The ionosphere is a region of the upper atmosphere, from about 85 km (53 mi) to 600 km (370 mi) altitude, and includes the thermosphere and parts of the mesosphere andexosphere.
    oh
  • craiiiig taborn streaming live i am so happy
  • edited 2013-04-26 21:04:16
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I feel somewhat disenchanted with ABC Inc.

For some reason I've been reading shittons of stuff about News Corporation and I am now convinced that ABC Inc is a purveyor of garbage.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Because she is mute,” Walter Benjamin tells us in his early essay, ‘On Language as Such and the Language of Man’, “nature mourns.” ‘Human language’, according to Benjamin, is distinct from the ‘divine language’ (which for the early Benjamin as good as literally existed before the Biblical fall) insofar as it does not directly map onto its objects. The language of man is, on the picture Benjamin draws in his essay, unable to satisfactorily ‘speak’ what is outside it: the conceptual, as it were, is no longer able to capture in an adequate way, its object: the non-conceptual. Non-human nature can only be ‘overnamed’, and subdued: this is why it falls silent. It in part falls silent because it mourns, and it also mourns, which is why it must be silent…

The Pokemon, then, would look, on Benjamin’s picture, to be the very model of reconciled nature. The language of the Pokemon is precisely modelled along the lines of the divine language: the Pokemon can only speak its own name, can only speak its essence. There is absolutely no mistaking a Pikachu; if it was not a Pikachu, it would not say “Pika-chu.”

But then if we look at the Pokemon like that, then it becomes very easy to forget that they are, precisely, commodities. “Gotta catch ‘em all,” goes the injunction of the game, and that means one and one alone of each, regardless of scarcity. The Pokemon is a commodity, like all postlapsarian nature, only good insofar as it can be captured and dominated, and repurposed as something useful (in the case of the Pokemon, as a fighting machine).

As Benjamin also tells us in his essay: “it is a metaphysical truth that all nature would begin to lament if it were endowed with language.” So too with the Pokemon’s cry. The Pokemon of course appears to be able to speak its name as its name. It is all it can speak, and this is its essence, so to the uncritical eye it appears to be reconciled. But this essence is in fact mere appearance. What the Pokemon is actually able to speak, if it is able to speak at all, is whatever name it has been given, as identical with its suffering, its domination.

All false identity, all reconciliation in the false world, is a stifled scream. “Pikachu, you’re my Pokemon!” is in truth the vicious call of the slave-driver, or perhaps of an abusive lover. Insofar as we live in human time and not Messianic, every idea that anything, ourselves included, might be identified with some one concept which can then be shunted out of the play of critical rationality, will only result in the same sort of unfreedom that the Pokemon find themselves in. Every time you feel at home with yourself, always ask: just who exactly, is collecting me?

• i started reading and skipped to the end and that was not what i was expecting.
  • Pokemon are like pets

except they can shoot energy beams and can be bigger than your house and be literally god.
    Anonus said:

I feel somewhat disenchanted with ABC Inc.

For some reason I've been reading shittons of stuff about News Corporation and I am now convinced that ABC Inc is a purveyor of garbage.
    All corporations are purveyors of garbage though

So don't sweat it