The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2012-01-18 01:54:30
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Did he drop good grist?

Edit: FictionalGrist, at least?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I never got the whole attempt to start a rivalry with bronies.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Considering how much of the fan art is trolls and kids as ponies and ponies playing SBURB, seems many of the fans didn't either.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I never got the whole attempt to start a rivalry with bronies.
    See, normally this would be where I go all smart-ass and link to the Wikipedia article on "false dichotomy", but...
  • edited 2012-01-18 02:03:00
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    Well, Homestuck just updated! And so did Hoofstuck.

Stick that in your pony and smoke it.

...on second thought I'm not sure what the point I was trying to make with this post was, except for Strained Use Of The Word Pony #5000.
  • Stop trying to persuade us to smoke ground-up bits of pony
  • Relax, the pony is the smoking device

• So now you're advocating setting a pony on fire

That's not much better
    Freakazoid!...haven't watched that in ages.
  • Man, what don't I advocate setting on fire

Freakazoid!...haven't watched that in ages

Mm. I'm calming down from something by watching this episode.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Man, what don't I advocate setting on fire
    Haven
  • edited 2012-01-18 02:17:56
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ugh

i probably have ocd
    what makes you say this

more punctuation stuff
    No, it's that picture of yours I posted in the CARTS thread.

I was very tempted to go back and edit in a resized version of the picture because embedding an overly-large image within a post like that felt "impure".
  • edited 2012-01-18 02:30:26
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    At 0:20 he sings "What are you at getting terribly fat?" but the graphics show it as "Where are you at getting terribly fat?"

It goes by so fast that I kinda wonder if whoever worked on that part realized the mistake at the last minute but figured nobody would notice.

For some reason I'm still amused by the fact that 99% of Futurama is Billy West talking to himself.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    The bronies are just about the silliest idea to start a fandom rivalry with.  I never got that.

And I think Hussie is just as weirded out by the fanbase as everyone else.
    But what about Katie Sagal and Tress MacNeille and whoever voices Amy Wong, HUH?

Billy West is pretty amazing...wasn't Ren and Stimpy pretty much the same thing?
  • Hi everypony! Or wait a second, not everypony! Everyhuman? No, that sounds dumb. You guess you could say everyman, but why would you greet anypony with an old morality play? That's like the opposite of a party.
    For the Games era, probably. John Kricfalusi originally did the voices of Ren and Mr. Horse, but Billy West took over both of those roles when John K. got fired.

• [Why didn't god destroy Satan?]

Thats a simple question.. For GLORY.

If He would have destroyed Satan.. none of this would be happening now.. Nobody would be condemned to hell.

I like how this reasoning for God not destroying Satan basically amounts to "for the lulz".

That seems to be a pretty common reaction to theological question on the inter-butts.
  • edited 2012-01-18 02:48:33
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    ...Pinkie Pie is the best thing about this fanadventure. I can't even tell if she's breaking the fourth wall or not with this whole mailbox rant. And I'm fine with that.

YNTPT. Anyway, terrible movie time.
  • What terrible movie?
    For some reason when I think about voice actors who have done a shitload of different characters (Billy West, Tara Strong, etc.) I always wonder what their normal speaking voice sounds like.

Billy West sounds a lot like Fry or Stimpy. It's slightly deeper than Fry's voice, but not by much.
    You know I keep forgetting she did Princess Clara and Toot Braunstein.
    And now I'm thinking about Cree Summer and how all her characters' voices sound the same to me, except maybe Penny from Inspector Gadget.
  • edited 2012-01-18 03:06:45
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I associate her with Suzie Carmichael from Rugrats.

...whose voice she probably used for Numbuh 5 from Codename: Kids Next Door and Foxxy Love from Drawn Together. Her voices for Elmira Duff from Tiny Toon Adventures and Mee Mee from Dexter's Laboratory seemed distinct enough, to me.
    As do I.
  • What terrible movie?

I've been reading a liveblog of the Left Behind books, and since it just finished with the second one they're taking a break to watch the second movie, about ten minutes at a time each week. I'm just following along like that.

Last week's segment had all the good so-bad-it's-good moments, this week's is just uncomfortable. Though there was a bit of the good old "telephones are the most dramatic thing in the universe" weirdness.
    ^^Did you see my edit?
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Good Morning
  • People who believe in the Rapture fascinate me. I mean, when you're hoping that a supernatural being will come and kill everything...
    I remember Dad telling me about the Second Coming, out of the blue, back in 2004 when I attempted to teach him how to use email. It felt very strange.
    Did you see my edit?
    No I did not. I have now, though.

And yeah, that's the funny part. She can do other voices, but for 90% of her roles she just uses the Suzie Carmichael voice.
    Who the fuck didn't know how to use email in 2004? Especially when their 10-year-old son does?
  • I wonder if there are any doomsday cults who want to stop the world ending, unlike these weirdos who seem to be all in favour of the apocalypse.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Lovely, I think my USB 3.0 to SATA cable actually caught fire this time. :P

It's been running hot since I've been playing with it tonight, but I didn't suspect that it may be shorted until I noticed the burnt smell coming off of it...and now neither SATA drive I have will spin up when I connect it. 

So I need another damn cable.

I'm going to bed. 
  • Twilight made me hate vampires. Now I like them. Apart from the ones in Twilight.
  • edited 2012-01-18 03:30:23

"I wonder if there are any doomsday cults who want to stop the world ending, unlike these weirdos who seem to be all in favour of the apocalypse."

Probably not many. Millenarianism (turn off Java script to view the article tonight, then turn it on to post here :P ) has seen many movements over the centuries. There are groups that oppose these other groups, but they're usually much larger and quite often the society or government the group is in a response to.

Twilight ruined the word "twilight" for me, which was sad because I had liked the word.

But now I associate it with Tara Strong Pony, so it's all good.
    I'm not sure what ABC Lionsgate's direction should be. Perhaps I should make the combined company offload the TV Guide Network.
  • edited 2012-01-18 03:35:38

Now I'm trying to figure out what a cult devoted to stopping the end of the world would look like...

Maybe they'd run around tethering people to solid objects so they won't fly off during the rapture.
    My first thought is "Who would buy TV Guide Network?"