The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    Cabbits
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Naney said:

i caught a shiny garbodor

that's like 1 in 8192 right
  • When I first started playing Pokemon with Emerald, I managed to find like eight shinies. Since then, I have found one. Which, in a bout of generosity, I gave to my brother.

Unappreciative brat that he is, not only did he not thank me when he found out on his own (or even mention it), he also deleted the file a few weeks later and didn't return it.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Yep.

Funny thing about that. I've probably mentioned this off-hand before, but the Pokédex says Garbodor is the Trash Heap Pokémon.
  • yep

first shiny i've run into since this ekans i found on my old silver cartridge like 8 years ago
  • or maybe it was on my glitchy crystal cartridge, i can't remember...
    I've never caught or seen a shiny pokemon.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Kex: That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Naney: Out of the three shinies I've encountered, I managed to catch one. It was a Psyduck in HeartGold. I then traded it over to my completed Diamond game and started a new game on HeartGold because I DIDN'T PLAY IT RIGHT AARGHBL. I really wish I wouldn't do that, but at least Cyan is preserved.

Also, I looked up Garbodor's shiny sprite, and it looks radioactive.
    Neither have I

then again I've never played pokemon
    I do find the way that they programmed the original gameboy games to be fascinating considering they used dynamic sprites (they're coded in, not using bitmaps) which led, of course, to interesting things like Missing No.

• i have caught:

a shiny Wingull

a shiny Spheal

a shiny Zubat

a shiny Slowpoke

idk i think i encountered some other shiny but killed it

• all of those were in Sapphire. ALL of them. i didnt even play it that long

Kexruct said:

When I first started playing Pokemon with Emerald, I managed to find like eight shinies. Since then, I have found one.

huh maybe theres just something about Gen 3
  • edited 2013-02-17 17:01:06
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    According to YouTube comment lore, having a 4 as the first or second digit of your Trainer ID (I can't quite remember which) in a Gen III game makes it more likely to get a shiny. I remain cautiously skeptical of this.
  • well i certainly didnt have a 4 in my name so idk

a kitten on the internet
  • sunn wolf said:

well i certainly didnt have a 4 in my name so idk

a trainer ID and your character's name are different.
    Naney: I know the long-nosed human face is the iconic image of a tengu, but I always liked the anthro crow better.

Sunn: The trainer ID is the five-digit number on your trainer card that no one really pays attention to until they find out that's how the Master Ball lottery is determined.
    Portal 2
  • edited 2013-02-17 17:17:56

Naney: I know the long-nosed human face is the iconic image of a tengu, but I always liked the anthro crow better.

me too, i like how the artist used both

it took me a second to figure out that the human face was a mask it was wearing
    Naney said:

This is an authentic and ancient yokai scroll from like 150-200 years ago on display in a shop in Jimbocho prefecture. And I could have afforded it, it was like $200.  Japan has no idea how much their past is worth and a friend of mine bought a 150 year old yokai print of fox-people for roughly $20 and turned right around and sold it to American furries for a jacked-up price
    Bathroom comedy
    My nya nya
  • Naney said:

This is an authentic and ancient yokai scroll from like 150-200 years ago on display in a shop in Jimbocho prefecture. And I could have afforded it, it was like $200.  Japan has no idea how much their past is worth and a friend of mine bought a 150 year old yokai print of fox-people for roughly $20 and turned right around and sold it to American furries for a jacked-up price
    that is pretty rad
    Blue
  • Naney said:

He should've sold it to a museum. He probably would've gotten more and then it would at least be used for something.

He should've sold it to a museum. He probably would've gotten more and then it would at least be used for something.

Museums in Japan won't even buy these stuff otherwise they would have. Look at picture I took in Japan again -- that's an original hand-painting that was going for around $150-200 in a district that sells nothing but this stuff. The reason it doesn't sell is because for some odd damn reason, Japanese folks don't want it. 
  • Probably could've sold it to an American institution.
  • Yarrun said:

for some odd damn reason, Japanese folks don't want it. 

Can I just say that I hate it when people do this?

If you disagree with what he said, please say why, instead of just posting dots.

Yarrun said:

There's nothing to disagree with here, it's just a fact

A print as nice as the one I posted from Japan there is going for (again) $150-200.  A comparable nice artifact from the American Southwest, where I live, would fetch 10 times that amount here. Like I said, Japanese folks just don't put nearly as much value into these things. 
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-02-17 17:56:12
    ^x2 unf.
  • Naney said:

OwO
    I HATE YOU
    I guess I'm alone in thinking that looks fucking disgusting
  • AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAA

I NEED PANCAKES
  • CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES

AGH

NEED NEED NEED
  • I guess I'm alone in thinking that looks fucking disgusting

yes
  • He's half-assed eh, haah
  • Yarrun said:

Can I just say that I hate it when people do this?

If you disagree with what he said, please say why, instead of just posting dots.

Sorry.

Didn't want to disagree with it. It's just that it kind of freaks me out every time I see the Japanese forsake their own culture, generally because they're choosing Western culture instead. So much of modern Japanese stuff is the result of Western influence, like the big eyes in anime and whatnot. With Western views dominating most of the West (which...really isn't surprising), it bugs me that it's taking over non-western cultures as well.
  • i think i'm coming down with whatever my sister has
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well, I'm awake.

Slept till 6:30, which I guess isn't surprising because I was up until at least 1 in the afternoon posting silly bullshit on Tumblr.

There's something amusingly surreal about waking up to "6:30" on your LED alarm clock and having to actually think about whether that's AM or PM.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Now I'm

here
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hi Imi.

*offers Imi some Witchcraft Cola: only available at CA Marketplace*
  • so Triple Six Mafia's Mystic Stylez is far....smoother....than I'd have expected.

A lot of the imitators of this style (eg. Spaceghostpurrp) have a much more lo-fi grainy sound, even if the subject matter is similar.