The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Have you ever thought about posting this stuff on a site where the copyright police might not be watching?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I've thought about it, yes, but I know I definitely wouldn't want to post it to YouTube. The last thing I need is for my Google account to get messed up somehow.
  • phazing moves and entry hazards

mystery solved
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hey, remember that mare who cracks under the slightest bit of pressure and once made an entire town brawl over a children's toy because she was 1 day late on an assignment?

Let's make her a head of state!
    but it was her destiny, you see :P
    Sarah Silverman is cute as hell, but she's also kind of gross. Finding out what her humor was like was kind of like going out with that girl you've had a crush on for a while, only to find out she's a horrible racist who doesn't bathe. :P
  • Sarah Silverman's humor and her appearance in combination are like the best thing
  • also her rendition of The Aristocrats
    Hmmm. Maybe she's better when doing straight stand-up? I know I didn't like The Sarah Silverman Program that much.

• this song is pretty much perfect
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Part of me wants to replace my Xfwm with Openbox just because I can

But I don't know if there's even a point to it
    The Tar Sequence
  • edited 2013-02-17 05:54:58
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    That video has one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen on it:

Hollywood soundtracks for the news.... Is it any wonder we are surprised to find that mainstream media news is just a fucking show?
    Yes, it is a show, and has been for years. Have you been living under a rock your whole life? Or is there some smartass point about "mainstream" news (read: anything that's to the left of Hitler, at least in the US) that I'm not getting? :P
    Hi Lee

What are your thoughts on Openbox

(I figure you're the one Linux person I can blab about this stuff to who won't judge me for being clueless. Well, you and Tzetze. And Spinor. But one of three ain't bad.)
    I think it's a bit too minimalist, myself. I have to have something at least vaguely taskbar-ish.
    I was thinking of trying to run Openbox as my window manager alongside the panel from Xfce, but this strikes me as stupid because Xfce has its own window manager, xfwm. It's like, at that point I'm just changing things for the sake of change, y'know?
    Yeah, possibly. That and I never figured out how to make Openbox use a taskbar automatically...this was on a machine that couldn't run X anyway (it makes the north bridge overheat, which in turn makes the SATA freak out), so I just dropped it.
    Oh wow.
  • edited 2013-02-17 06:18:10
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Anyway, I should get to bed. Today's Homestuck updates were a lot more fun, but...Ally seems to have disappeared into the aether again. I don't know when or if she'll answer what I sent her, and I hate constantly thinking that one of the responses will be something along the lines of "I'm too busy with life here in Arizona to deal with you in a timely fashion. You really should find some friends in Virginia if you're bummed..." 

And, of course, the best way to get me to stop worrying is to go to sleep.
    Alright then. Good nightmorning, Lee.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

I never knew that Tapper came out for the 2600, and I really didn't know that it was Sega who released it

and I never knew that it was Mountain Dew who backed it 

also notice the errant red pixel in "mountain", probably an artifact of the beam-racing architecture and no way to remove it to keep the logo somewhat similar to the one at the time
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Valuable (and painful) gaming lessons: Mario can fit into gaps of that size.
  • edited 2013-02-17 09:40:50
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Naney said:

this song is pretty much perfect

Yes, it is. I had forgotten that until I listened to
    Drainland again.

Also: Hi, Forsythe!
    When the 2600 was designed, its hardware capability was set (on paper) as 2 8x8 hardware sprites and 2 1x1 missiles. 

Before it died officially 12 years later, there was a capable port of Irem's Kung-Fu game with multiple giant enemies and a giant player sprite and multiscrolling backgrounds. 

I've once again reached that point where I'm tired but unable to "turn off my mind"long enough to sleep.

Time to sit in bed and read again, I guess!
    i should find more ways to stick it to THE MAN
    So let's set the world on fire

We can burn brighter than the suuuuuuun
    Haha I'm sleepdeptumblring again

Haven't done that in a couple months
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-02-17 11:29:58
    it feels so awfully strange when the streetlights are on at noon
    and the day is somehow lit by a full moon
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    half moon visible here

but the sky is clear and blue with barely a cloud
    oh god has nightmare moon returned to bring eternal night once more?
    Also hi Bobby

I'm loopy as fuck
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    pony reference

Hello, Loopy Avenue.
  • edited 2013-02-17 11:42:08
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know, I was thinking earlier...the revelation that Luna can enter ponies' dreams kinda adds another level to her time as a villain. Nightmare Moon, anyone?
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Hi, CA. I'm encouraging your loopiness.
    oh god I'm up so late the one person here with a normal sleep schedule is awake now

Er, I mean, hi Gator.
  • have you ever thought to yourself "what i want to listen today is an avant-doom metal album that includes a double bass solo"

no?

well fuck you cos here is one anyway http://ehnahremetal.bandcamp.com/

it depends, how many strings is on this base

5, 6 or 7
  • this album is very nice so far
    speaking of metal, one of my friends on FB was thrilled to bits to find and buy this

whatever it is
  • it's a wolves in the throne room....

doormat?

towel?

i cannot tell either
  • it looks to be old though, because their current logo is more

from what he said, it's a very rare demo that they handed out like a decade ago 
  • edited 2013-02-17 12:38:45

oh neato

honestly i have never listened to them, all i know is that they are signed to Southern Lord, they are apparently very good, and they really really love the pacific northwest
    Yeah said friend just moved to Portland