The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Lana del Rey is a guilty pleasure of mine

-hides in corner-
  • edited 2012-08-16 02:39:19
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    FM: *falls over laughing* If I didn't know any better, I'd swear Strong Bad made that list up. :D

Also, CA: I was just looking at freeways in Houston for the hell of it, and for some odd reason, they all have frontage roads. The only other highway I've ever seen with frontage roads like that (and which are signed along with the highway, too) is Arlington Boulevard between the Beltway and Manchester St in Arlington, VA.

And now I need to get to sleep, since it's 2:30 and I should have been in bed at least 2 hours ago. Good night!
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-08-16 02:42:02

hey Tre, into Touhou yet

Nah, I've mostly been listening to trap music. (No, not that kind, the other kind.)

I'll fall down that well whenever. 

Lana del Rey is a guilty pleasure of mine

-hides in corner-

I don't blame you JZ, apparently a lot of people like her. I personally don't really find what I've heard of her music that good, but she is attractive though.

I may try her out though, see if I'm missing something.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Good night, Lee.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    lee4hmz said:

Also, CA: I was just looking at freeways in Houston for the hell of it, and for some odd reason, they all have frontage roads. The only other highway I've ever seen with frontage roads like that (and which are signed along with the highway, too) is Arlington Boulevard between the Beltway and Manchester St in Arlington, VA.

And now I need to get to sleep, since it's 2:30 and I should have been in bed at least 2 hours ago. Good night!
    Same up here in Lubbock. Rather nice for those of us on scooters

...good god, ZUN

it's like you made I Wanna Be The Guy in shmup form and made a ton of games out of that idea, then based it around puppets that look like girls

and the fans just flocked to it
  • Tre: I will admit, while enjoy a select amount of her songs and her voice, I do find her rather pretentious and some of her lyrics a little doofy.

And she apparently pulled an Avril Lavigne, and made up stuff about her personal life.
  • And she apparently pulled an Avril Lavigne, and made up stuff about her personal life.
    Why am I not surprised...

Mein Gott.

This is considered easy?!
  • You ain't seen nothin' til you've seen Double Spoiler.

note how your only weapon in this game is a camera.

Also note the patterns formed by the very last spellcard, "Barrage X From a Wandering Star". Look familiar?

• if you don't want to sit through all that, here's just that spellcard.

First thing I noticed was the Einstürzende Neubauten t-shirt.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-08-16 04:18:07
    Bluh. I'm hungry but it's 4:15 and my parents have had erratic sleeping all night so I dunno if I want to try to go and eat

but my tummy rumbles
  • I am honest-to-god home alone for the first time in several years. I am not sure if I should take advantage of this situation or indeed, how I could if I wanted to.
    time to blast some SLAYER
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    throw a PARTY

invite ME

The Island of Equestria

Have you ever thought "Hey, it would be really cool if there were an island named 'Equestria' somewhere!"? Well, if you have that's why this campaign is here.  

In addition to naming the island 'Equestria', the goal here is to construct a monument as similar to the one Celestia raised the sun in front of in the "Cutie Mark Chronicles" episode as possible on the island.  

What Needs to Happen

The goal set on this campaign is the bare minimum to purchase a decently sized island and construct the structure mentioned above, as well as acquire any appropriate licensing from copyright holders should it be required.  Any funds above the required will go towards a larger island and constructing more and better structures on the island.

What will happen

The island will be dedicated entirely to the "Brony" phenomenon, and once it is complete it will be used in every way possible to support the community.  As a meeting place, as a getaway, as a convention location.  Whatever needs are presented, it will be used to meet as many as possible.  Anything from a small boat to decently sized ferry or ship may be acquired for use in transporting guests to and from the island for community related functions, however the function of transport is dependent on both the amount of funds this campaign receives and the location of the island itself.

We have various islands which are up for sale in mind, however the one selected is entirely dependent on the success of this campaign.  The higher the better!  More money will allow for bigger islands, better locations, and better structures on the island!

Keep in mind that this campaign is set to fixed funding.  If the goal is not met, all contributions will be refunded. 

How can I help (besides donating)?

Knowledge is power!  The more you spread the word of this campaign around, the more donations can be received, and the more likely it will be to succeed!  One dollar may not seem like much, but just imagine the amount of funds that could be raised if every lover of the ponies donated one!

~*FARTZ*~

http://www3.indiegogo.com/Equestria?c=home  (they're only up to $130)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    HAND SATANIZER
  • The Island of Equestria

Have you ever thought "Hey, it would be really cool if there were an island named 'Equestria' somewhere!"? Well, if you have that's why this campaign is here.  

In addition to naming the island 'Equestria', the goal here is to construct a monument as similar to the one Celestia raised the sun in front of in the "Cutie Mark Chronicles" episode as possible on the island.  

What Needs to Happen

The goal set on this campaign is the bare minimum to purchase a decently sized island and construct the structure mentioned above, as well as acquire any appropriate licensing from copyright holders should it be required.  Any funds above the required will go towards a larger island and constructing more and better structures on the island.

What will happen

The island will be dedicated entirely to the "Brony" phenomenon, and once it is complete it will be used in every way possible to support the community.  As a meeting place, as a getaway, as a convention location.  Whatever needs are presented, it will be used to meet as many as possible.  Anything from a small boat to decently sized ferry or ship may be acquired for use in transporting guests to and from the island for community related functions, however the function of transport is dependent on both the amount of funds this campaign receives and the location of the island itself.

We have various islands which are up for sale in mind, however the one selected is entirely dependent on the success of this campaign.  The higher the better!  More money will allow for bigger islands, better locations, and better structures on the island!

Keep in mind that this campaign is set to fixed funding.  If the goal is not met, all contributions will be refunded. 

How can I help (besides donating)?

Knowledge is power!  The more you spread the word of this campaign around, the more donations can be received, and the more likely it will be to succeed!  One dollar may not seem like much, but just imagine the amount of funds that could be raised if every lover of the ponies donated one!

~*FARTZ*~

This can't be real. 

Also, trying out the new TF2 mode. The wait time is supposed to be 23 minutes for a server. I'm hoping that it's just going to be like this for the first week or so. 
  • @ Tre: The Touhous aren't actually puppets in their own games. They're just puppets in Touhoumon to ease logistics

Aaaaaaaaand Tf2 burnt out my computer again
    touhou doesn't exist
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    hey guys is touhou an anime

On a more serious note, I would play Team Fortress 2 if I was any good at shooters or teamwork. Alas, I'm amazingly inept in both of those areas.
    Me too post
    I'm very afraid of fire...
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I thought Spy was one of the harder classes to do, though not as much as Scout.

If I could pick any class I wanted, I'd lean towards Heavy, Medic, or Engineer.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I was pretty good at Engineer back when I still played.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Man, thinking about TF2 takes me right back to 2011

Admittedly, I've never played the game, but its memes were everywhere back then

It was almost as unavoidable as MLP for a while
    >referring to 2011 as "back then"

time dissonance
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Somehow 2011 alternately feels like yesterday and forever ago, to me.
    I feel kinda the same way about 2009 and 2010 when That Guy With The Glasses was everywhere.
    Funny, from where I'm sitting right now I can look out the window and there's a car the same make, model, and color as mine in the parking lot outside.

I actually thought it was mine for a moment, before I realized mine has a different style of license plate and a different parking permit.

(Granted, I drive one of the most common models of car, but it's still a neat coincidence.)
    For me, 2011 seems like yesterday. Not long ago at all.

I have to go back at least 3 or 4 years for it to feel like a long time ago.

My temporal bandwidth is increasing
    I think I know why 2011 occupies the weird space it does in my mind: It's recent enough that it's still fresh in my memory, but at the same time I've changed so much over the past year or so that when I look at, say, February 2011 vs. February 2012, I feel like I'm a completely different person.
  • Gonna do responsible mature-y, adult-y things today.

Once I get my motivation up.
    I'm gonna do childish, hedonistic things today.

Once the work day ends.
  • Yeah...well I can get free ice cream. So you know, mature pays off or something.
    Ok, yeah, free ice cream certainly beats Expensive Ice Cream®.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    i heard someone mentioning tf2

but i just woke up so no tf2 for me 

yet
  • Hey Spacey

We should be Steam Friends.

I keep considering that but I forgot until now.

Let's do it. Let's shoot people together.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Could the mods please make a subsection for SFW things?  Or, maybe, a way to filter out the NSFW things on the heaper's hangout?

Sorry, but my parents might take away my computer privileges forever if they catch me on a site that is potentially NSFW.
  • edited 2012-08-16 14:22:44
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...you have a point.

I could make a role for those who want to opt-out of the NSFW stuff, and I'll put you in it.
    That's...actually a pretty clever way to solve that problem, AU.

It would be nice if we could make it a checkbox option in the preferences, but adding a role seems like the next best solution.
    this post is nsfw
  • I think I know why 2011 occupies the weird space it does in my mind: It's recent enough that it's still fresh in my memory, but at the same time I've changed so much over the past year or so that when I look at, say, February 2011 vs. February 2012, I feel like I'm a completely different person.

bassoon