The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Jazz makes everything better.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

Jazz makes everything better.

Vampire Killer on the Saturn version of SotN. I wonder if anyone's successfully ripped that track
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Buy some Linux, Yarrun, Linux is very hard to hack.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Buy some Linux
    but

linux is free
  • Bleh, I don't think I'm going to get a job anytime soon. I doubt any employer will seem me "qualified" enough to do even monkey work :/

Bleh, I don't think I'm going to get a job anytime soon. I doubt any employer will seem me "qualified" enough to do even monkey work :/

You need to jump on workstudy opportunities then
  • Hey, I've been trying. I have work study and I've been trying any place that offers positions with work study.
    (2015 self)
    Ah, Crocshades, I missed you.

Hey, I've been trying. I have work study and I've been trying any place that offers positions with work study.

Oh okay. Well, don't give up just yet. At the beginning of a semester a lot of students aren't able to follow up on commitments and an opening could appear at any time. 
    Meanwhile in DC today a guy carrying a Chik-fil-A bag and a gun walked into the Family Research Center and shot one security guard, who wrestled him to the ground, nobody killed
  • So your average day in DC then.
  • carrying a Chik-fil-A bag and a gun walked into the Family Research Center
    I'm getting conflicting messages here.

carrying a Chik-fil-A bag and a gun walked into the Family Research Center
    I'm getting conflicting messages here.
    You're not the only one
  • CF: Yeah. It's just frustrating because I've applied to several jobs and have either been rejected or had no replied (and it's passed the start sate for the position). There's a student job fair thing tomorrow I'll try going to. Maybe that'll help.

People are not helpful in finding jobs here. I'll call a department (I've found positions that way) and they'll tell me to go online and check the student job center where people post jobs. Okay, one, you think I'm so dumb I've not checked here and two, not everyone puts postings on there.
    Blergh, Oh well. I just gotta keep trying.

CF: Yeah. It's just frustrating because I've applied to several jobs and have either been rejected or had no replied (and it's passed the start sate for the position). There's a student job fair thing tomorrow I'll try going to. Maybe that'll help.

Actually that will. Those job fairs are really awesome in that regard -- just make sure you have your resume handy with all your volunteer work and the like on there. 
    (2015 self)
    Yeah, I'm getting conflicted messages, too.

I love the Family Research Center almost as much as the Library Of Congress.
  • CF: That's good to know. I'll make sure to get an updated copy of my resume ready.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Didn't the Chick-fil-A head geezer recently say that British Cigarettes were destroying Murrica?

Didn't the Chick-fil-A head geezer recently say that British Cigarettes were destroying Murrica?
    Dunhills? When I did smoke cigarettes, we had those on base for like $5 a pack. Sweet cigarette, one of the better I've ever smoked. Right up there with Lucky Strikes. Weren't very common though.

On a visit to Canada, they were the only brand I recognized so I purchased a pack and they tasted absolutely horrible. Either they went stale on the trip from Nannyland to Canuckistan or they add something to them to make them taste like shit (to go with the graphic labels on the package.)
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    ^

Psst, the joke is that the British idiom for cigarette is "Fag".
  • edited 2012-08-15 19:04:26
    Whelp...my whining earlier has just gotten proven worthless. A chemistry lab needed assistance and I got five hours a week for $14.61 an hour hghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghgh
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    That's awesome, JZ!

If it's not too prying, what kind of chemistry lab is it? Last semester, my school offered an internship at a medical lab that did work with preserving and growing tissues.
    Jumpingzombie said:Whelp...my whining earlier has just gotten proven worthless. A chemistry lab needed assistance and I got five hours a week for $14.61 and hour hghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghgh

Sweet! Now you can make money
    and blow shit up
  • edited 2012-08-15 19:04:10

Gator: It's just general chemistry, 101 level. I'm not even a chemistry major, so a higher up lab probably wouldn't want me :P
    Oh wow, they still manufacture old-timey speaker grill fabric. This is making this project idea I have even more tempting
  • edited 2012-08-15 19:12:11
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    JZ: Ah, so it's at school. That should be pretty convenient.

The labs at my school don't often offer paid jobs, but I think that's because our lab facilities are pretty small.
  • Gator: Yeah, we have a fairly large science/chemistry department here. Mainly because you need at least three labs if you're not some sort of science major. And many more labs if you are.

This is good too because my times fit well into my schedule and maybe I can try volunteering at the writing center to get some experience in my actual major.
  • Neighbor mom is yelling @ kids because no one watched the pork chops ! Day buwnd baby!
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-08-15 19:50:52
    So I just found out what "voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir" from that song Lady Marmalade meant.

Well, if I ever need to hit on a French girl I guess I know what to say...
  • gitchy gitchy ya ya da da
    gitchy gitchy ya ya here
    mocha choca lata ya ya
    Creole Lady Marmalade
  • I love listening to carbage music on my Mad while hanging out with my friends.

my Mad 

lol u Mad
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I learned a new word today: Sugillate. It's currently in use as a technical term for a particular kind of bruising, but the original definition is, quite simply, "to beat black and blue."

Great to know next time I get into an extremely formal dust-up.
    Okay I sketched out a design for this TV console, now I need to draft it out. I haven't used a CAD program in years
    you fink 

why i oughta sugillate you

put up yer dukes
  • Absolutely no midrange

Absolutely no midrange

nah I'm just gonna roll with 6" Morel woofers and tweeters over a 2-way passive x-over, a midrange would be unnecessary
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    scooped tone
  • scoop away cat litter
    fuzz tone
  • So, apparently you're supposed to deep fry ice cream instead of frying it in a pan.

Didn't know, and it tasted so good that I don't care.

Wavetables.

have one of those on order too. One of them yamaha DB50 jobs or whatever
  • Sine 

Square

Saw
  • Formants everywhere.
    chorus effect is the best and worst thing ever.
  • Depends on how you use it.
    FF6 did the whole chorus effective pretty good
    I've found that it makes almost anything I play* sound better. Much better. To the point where I can't play without it. And that's terrible.

*on guitar, natch