The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    who doesn't
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    btw squid what the fuck is up with your avatar
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

...what

that's 

...aaaaah

Don't eat my face off, please. 
  • edited 2012-08-05 17:43:59
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-08-05 17:46:06
    i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

i'm just

going to

go and play computer games now

Lumine said:

squiddles is eating too much chocolate. T_T surely this is bad for squiddles' health.

eat an apple, that'll cancel it out.

nutrition works that way

-closes the curtains-
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    yep pretty sure that in no way is this a shitty bootleg, nosiree

also I'm considering this thing. Considering it very, very much
  • >CB Radios

Man, I am not messing with nonstandard radios again. I bought a shortwave and it broke somehow. Like there is literally nothing I can think of that would've broken it, it just stopped turning on one day.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, working with radios of any sort beyond standard AM/FM and cell phones requires a good working knowledge of basic electronics, especially if you're working with things that are more than about 10 years old. Age is a factor, as there's things that simply wear out over time no matter what you do.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Signals
  • I desperately need a crack for FL Studio. Not being able to re-open old projects is becoming unbearable.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

I'm trying to find the source of the quote "A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" so I can use it as a forum signature, but everything that Google turns up seems to attribute it to Roald Dahl. I thought most of Wonka's little quotes were taken from other sources...

Well, that's if it came from the movie.

Roald Dahl did write SOME Wonka dialogue, you know.
    amanda by night
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Heh, I got SimCity 2000 running in DOSBox in Ubuntu.

Time to drudge up my "Counterpoint City" file from however many months ago!
    One page on Wikipedia seems to attribute it to "Ode" by O'Shaughnessy, but the entire poem is up on Wikisource and shows this to be incorrect. I don't have a copy of Factory to check, unfortunately.
  • So I have two followers on my Soundcloud (yay), one is Tre, the other is a Dubstep musician named Brick Sun.

..hooray?

• BAck from the lake.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The lake?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Lake, eh? Did you have fun?
  • Anon: Lake Pend Oreille. It's a pretty nice place and I've been going there since I was a wee one.

CA: Yeah, it was fun. We went early so there weren't as many people there. Well, people started showing in the afternoon. Also, we got KFC, which was delicious. For some reason we get KFC whenever we go there.
    Yay for KFC!

Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken?
  • God damn it Train. Why do you have such bizarre ass lyrics? Even when I liked them I couldn't even get over that particular lyric.
    KFC are RACISTS
  • Just got back from TEH DINNERZ at this Carolina Smokehouse place. We had a Groupon.

It was delicious. I saved some of mine for later tonight, it already filled me rather well for one of the only few times ever at a restaurant :P
  • KFC are RACISTS

Ironically, their main audience in many a location is of African-American descent.
    Well I was basically kidding.
  • Fried chicken has recently become such a touchy political subject.

Also, I still love this:

Peyote apparently tastes horrible
    Most alkaloids do; it's to keep you from eating them, as quite a few of them are poisonous or will make you freak out. 

In other news, the T30 is infinitely less of a pain to use with a real mouse. I really don't like trackpads.
    ^^^You know, when I first watched the Nostalgia Critic's mindfuck episode, I had a sneaking suspicion that that would be in there, somehow. I was proven right.
    lee4hmz said:

Most alkaloids do; it's to keep you from eating them, as quite a few of them are poisonous or will make you freak out. 

In other news, the T30 is infinitely less of a pain to use with a real mouse. I really don't like trackpads.
    for some reason they stopped making trackballs for laptops. I can't stand touch/trackpads either
    do what you want 'cuz a parrot is free

you are a parrot
    I didn't mind the trackpad on the Gateway so much, but the one on the T30 is just awful, and the trackpad on this isn't quite as bad but still feels weird.
    For some reason I found myself typing this after I went to bed last night:
    August 8, 1998

I haven't noticed anything unusual from the boys this weekend. I'm really not sure what Eileen was so worried about...as it is, it seems like this is the best thing that's ever happened to us.

I'm going down to the beach this afternoon. Channel 6 says it's going to rain, but their weather guy is always wrong so I'm not too worried. And hell, even if it does rain, maybe it wouldn't be all that bad.

I crave chocolate right now. I'm not quite sure why, as it were.
    August 8, 1998...that'd be about the time I got my first Rush album.

YNTKT
    You know, it's weird to me how Condé Nast tries to show the evolution of their surviving magazines as "progress". Look how cluttered the more recent covers are compared to the older ones in their timeline.
    Hmmm, the new Logitech mouse I got for the T30 has an infrared LED instead of a visible red or blue LED. It's usually invisible, but when I view it with the camera in my phone, it's PAAAAAAAAANK XD
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Heh.

On the other side of the spectrum, we have ultraviolet bird plumage. I always thought that was pretty cool.

• Four of five tracks done for the EP.

Phew.

Four of five tracks done for the EP.

Phew.

Nice