The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ...Is it just the ads that are NSFW?
  • Trying to tag something as #snake #snake #snaaaaaaaake just led to #snake #snaaaaaaaake

I guess that makes sense.

#yntkt
  • ...I like how only the one I was using as an actual hashtag wasn't rendered as a hashtag. I think vanilla just hates me like that.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaahhh-keeeeeeey!
  • edited 2012-05-04 16:34:17
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    X

aeiou
  • edited 2012-05-04 16:34:34
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Haven: Here or Tumblr?
  • I was trying to tag a thing with two snakes on tumblr; I was bemused about #yntkt not being hashtagabble here.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Yay Solid Snake
  • ^^ I pretty much knew that was going to happen. Apparently it has to be in the first line to be hashtaggable.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    #test #test2 #test3

#test4

#test5
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...Ok, now I'm just confused. Why didn't the third one take?
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-05-04 16:46:09
    #idunno #whatthefrak #thisthingsdealis but it's really #weeeeird
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Btw, if prostitution is the oldest profession in the world, does that mean it was the first one? and if so, how did people pay if they weren't working?
  • edited 2012-05-04 16:50:09
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    #snivy #torchic #totodile

#pokemonderail

Hmm, it would seem that our posts only allow two three some arbitrary number of hashtags.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-05-04 16:48:14
    But Haven had five! #that #is #so #unfair
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    So, forgive me for repeating myself, but what blog hosting service do you think I should use? Blogspot seems like a decent choice, but I was wondering if anything else would work better. Considering the blog's nature, it might be out of place on Tumblr.
  • Wordpress?

I'd personally go with Tumblr because lol I wanna be famous, but choose whichever place you think'll fit best.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Blogspot works well, IMO.
    Honestly, Tumblr is such a grab bag that it'd be hard for pretty much anything to feel out of place there, let alone something like a Pokemon blog. If you want a traditional commenting system, though, you'd have to sign up for Disqus (or another such service) separately.

Otherwise I'd say go with WordPress.com or Blogger. I prefer WP's interface, personally, but that's just a personal preference, and apparently Blogger is suitable even for huge blogs.
  • Oh gosh, I'm reading this one conversation I had with Anne once and I mention the name "Genital Mills".

Only a freak like me would come up with that.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Tre, Irene, and CA: Thanks, guys.

I ended up choosing Blogspot (or Blogger as it's apparently known), and I've already made my first post. Link for those interested

Sorry if it's a little boring at the moment. I'm not sure how to add picture backgrounds.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Gn
  • edited 2012-05-04 18:18:07
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Hey, guys.
    Hi, Spacey. How's it going?
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Pretty good, I just got my homework done.
    Good to hear!

One of the related videos on the YouTube video I'm watching (really listening to, but that's beside the point) is entitled "The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers has adult fans." Gee, does it surprise you that much?
  • ¡ Absurd!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I've heard that there are even some adults in here. In this very forum.
  • Why now that is a bridge too far! Perhaps I could envision that as a conceit from the annals of scientifical fiction, but even then it beggars disbelief.
  • edited 2012-05-04 21:07:35
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    5 seconds into the video:

If you guys can respect each other's opinions, the comments will stay open - otherwise they'll be closed indefinitely

Oh jeez. I'm not sure I even want to know what they're hollering at each other about down there. Is it anything like what apparently happened with Rarity's theme? (which I will say, I enjoyed that song a lot)
  • edited 2012-05-04 21:13:00
  • edited 2012-05-04 21:08:28
    That being said, I do like this song. It's a bit faster and more synth-y than I would expect from a Pinkie Pie theme song, but it gets the perky, bubbly feeling down pretty well.
    It's amazing how many dumbass Youtube comments could be avoided if people would read the descriptions
  • edited 2012-05-04 21:25:34
    (prints out dozens of copies of a family portrait)

Couldn't we just use these instead?
    Any final words, you miserable worthless whore of a foal?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I found that fic more depressing than anything...
  • edited 2012-05-04 21:35:10
    laundromat