• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    recreating Feudal Japan just for the hell of it
    what is TGTL?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

recreating Feudal Japan just for the hell of it

OPPORTUNITY FOR AMAZING "HALIBUT" PUN MISSED.

I MEAN, COME ON.
    (2015 self)

what is TGTL?

Teeside Gas Transportation Limited.
    (2015 self)
    pritlepost.
    I see.

Just for the halibut.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This afternoon I saw an OSU CABS bus and a COTA bus pull into the same bus stop at the same time...and they were both bus #1301.

I wonder what the odds of that are. Depends on how many buses each agency has, I suppose.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    the german tank problem but with buses
    my school bus number in kindergarten was 242
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

my school bus number in kindergarten was 242

Mine was 298! Also known as "green bus".
    Note: the bus itself was not green. They just put a green card in the window to make it easier for the kindergarteners to remember which bus was which.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I was at a magnet school in kindergarten so my parents drove me
    magnets
  • my school bus number in kindergarten was 242

ARC NUMBER
    exactly
  • Hey, I wrote the thing that is now dead. For the record, it was never supposed to be posted at all, from my understanding. That it just went down a bit ago was an accident.
    It was indeed a column. I'm a brand-new columnist and I'm only doing it sporadically since I have a 40 hour a week job so I don't have a banner or anything, so it isn't always obvious. I decided a while back that I wanted to write a thing about misunderstood religions. At my day job, we deal with a lot of religious groups and for some reason I've become the go-to guy for questions about whatever small religion comes up. So we'll get paperwork from a Rastafari or a Jehovah's Witness or a Scientologist, and I'm interested in theology, so I know a bit about them. My co-workers always seemed interested, so I thought, hey, an article therein lies.
    So I pitched it to Adam Tod Brown (who is the Column King) and he was cool with it. The first three entries were easy. (Fun fact: There was going to be a fifth section on Mormons, but I cut it for time/length/not being as interesting as the other four.) I had a rough time researching Scientology because the internet HATES Scientology. I even mentioned to Adam when I turned it in that it was a bear to find stuff on Scientology that's not along the lines of "Scientology is literally worse than Hitler". So yeah, that's why I went to the horse's mouth on some stuff. This was around the end of February, I think.
    I didn't know HBO was going to air a documentary about Scientology in the time between writing and publication, nor did I realize that David Wong and David Bell would write columns specifically about it in the meantime. I tried to work with Luis Prada, who edited the column, at the 11th hour to try to clean it up a little, but I suspected this would happen anyway because there was no way I was going to get people to understand when Scientology is currently in the shithouse. I think any other time it might have been okay, but the editors know we have a lot to prove right now because things have changed since I wrote it. It's become super controversial and shit needs to be airtight.
    So, sorry for everyone I upset. Cracked's not being sued. I'm not being sued. I'm not a Scientologist. As far as I know, there are no Scientologists in Kentucky. There are Amish, though.

Hm. I could go out of my way to hate him for not hating Scientology enough, but am I really that petty?
  • There is nothing wrong with Scientology on a theological level, what they believe, stripped of stigma, is not more or less ridiculous than any other religion.

The problem is with the institution of the Church of Scientology itself, and there are a small minority of Scientologists who don't actually belong to the church, belonging to one of several other organizations instead.

the CoS is essentially a combination cult and criminal organization, there is nothing good about it.
  • I will defend FreeZone Dianetecists til my last breath, but if I ever say anything remotely positive about the CoS itself, assume I have been replaced with a clone.
    duckface
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

duckface

are you my mama?
    yes

now go to bed
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    okay!

(that is what the refrance)
  • I will defend FreeZone Dianetecists til my last breath, but if I ever say anything remotely positive about the CoS itself, assume I have been replaced with a clone.

Current stance on the issue. 
  • My dreams exceed my real life

This was a good vacation.
  • So apparently Doug Overbey, a Tennessee Senator, cones to see my theater's productions. I dunno how to feel about this.
    Kexruct said:

So apparently Doug Overbey, a Tennessee Senator, cones to see my theater's productions. I dunno how to feel about this.

Kex, we talked about Eventuality 423.

The piggy has left the machine. Now you just need to remember to picture yourself on a boat, on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies. Remember to bring the sugar bowl.
  • my face feels so nice and smooth
    that is a nice feeling to have
  • So apparently for Catholics fasting can allow one meal

Which is good because I've been at this for eight hours and I'm DYING
  • edited 2015-04-03 17:54:27
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Spoiler:
    I have been told about the excesses and criminal activities of the organization of Scientology.

However, my experience with misinformation, and all the stuff in publishing about my religion, well, if I want people to consult a variety of sources on my religion in order to make a truly informed decision, and to, perhaps, personally meet people of my faith in order to get the personal experience that often helps to counter misinformation, I have to do the same for other faiths.

There's a 99.999999% chance that Scientology is what it has been said to be, but as I don' t actually know anybody of the faith of Scientology, I do not have the personal experience, and I, most significantly, have not done the research necessary to make a truly informed decision.

You guys have done a lot more research than I have on this subject (any nonzero amount of research is a lot more than I have done), all I know is hearsay and fifth-hand sources.  You guys, in fact, have the information to make be informed, and some of you likely have the personal experience that helps to counter misinformation in publishing; but I do not.  It's like a game of telephone, you guys are more upriver and closer to the original signal/sentence/speaker/source than I.

I'm not saying that you guys are wrong, I'm saying that I am simply not informed enough; and that my life experiences have made me wary of trusting hearsay and fifth-hand sources when it comes to religious organizations.  This is not to say that I will not do research on Scientology (for the most accurate result, I should consult a variety of sources); this is to say that I have not yet done said research.

TLDR:  Rozzy not informed enough, Rozzy unwilling to take a stance when not informed enough.

In other words, I trust you guys, and your judgment, but there are some things I have to learn for myself.

I don't mean this as a condemnation, or as an insinuation that you guys are being bigoted, foolish, or biased; I don't mean that.  It's just that I have to learn more before I can take a stand.
    (2015 self)
  • Anyone want a game of Cards Against Humanity?
    Kexruct said:

So apparently for Catholics fasting can allow one meal

Which is good because I've been at this for eight hours and I'm DYING

Huh, why are you fasting?
  • It's Good Friday.
  • have a glass of water
  • naney said:

i have a craving for lentil stew

also french fries

i would like these foods right now too
  • why are 80% of the clothes at goodwill large or extra large
    Gonna take your mama out all night
    Yeah we'll show her what it's all about
    We'll get her jacked up on some cheap champagne
    We'll let the good times all roll out
    And if the music ain't good, well it's just too bad
    We're gonna sing along no matter what
    Because the dancers don't mind at the New Orleans
    If you tip 'em and they make a cut
  • naney said:

why are 80% of the clothes at goodwill large or extra large

because Action Bronson in a hypocrite
    cut my hand a little moving a piece of furniture

thanks Obama
    Because is a very under-rated Beatles song, I feel.
    it's pretty nice
    Although partly it is based on the strength of Moonlight Sonata.
    (2015 self)
    Something is also an underrated song, and the best thing about Abbey Road other than Octopus's garden and here come the sun.
  • one

and

one

and

one

is three