The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Aliroz said:

So, I saw Mean Girls today.

Hated it.

I really liked that film, but I'm pretty sure it's not your kind of film at all.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    BRAVO
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    I liked the alternative ending better :^(
    First it was Japanese devs, then it was people with anime avatars and now it's poor Notch, can anything escape the wrath of le angry gopherman? :^(

it's good to see gamedevs tweeting about social issues but

Notch is Swedish.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Translation: "I'm going to self-righteously condemn people on the internet for not doing anything about a social issue that I'm probably doing jack and shit about myself. There's my good deed for the day."
  • Janitor of lunacy
    Paralyze my infancy
    Petrify the empty cradle
    Bring hope to them and me

Janitor of tyranny
    Testify my vanity
    Mortalize my memory
    Deceive the devil's deed

Tolerate my jealousy
    Recognize the desperate need

Janitor of lunacy
    Identify my destiny
    Revive the living dream
    Forgive their begging scream

Seal the giving of their seed
    Disease the breathing grief
  • have you allotted your remaining hours in a manner that i deem most efficient?

no?

THEN FIE, FIE ON YOU AND YOUR SPARE MOMENTS
  • edited 2014-08-16 19:42:46

WE HAVE FOUND YOU, OUR NAME IS SURVEILLANCE, WE SEE ALL, WE JUDGE ALL, WE REPORT ALL

OUR PERCEPTION IS AS PERFECT AS OUR SILENCE
  • well, objectively speaking i think i'm being pretty objective in saying that i'm thinking in an objective, not subjective manner
  • I always assumed that the big guy comment was the agent saying "you're big enough to take the pain" and then Bane's like "naw, son, painful for you"
    First it was Japanese devs, then it was people with anime avatars and now it's poor Notch, can anything escape the wrath of le angry gopherman? :^(

Notch is Swedish.
    furthermore, Phil's a white French Canadian man

I'm not entirely sure if the responsibility to tell other people to be conscious of the whole thing is his to take up in that manner, and the way he tells him is belittling to the ALS awareness thing (which, IMO, is just as important for different reasons).

• TreTre
    edited 2014-08-16 21:24:48

Ah daaaang, we copied the riff for this song from "The Next Episode"

Aw geez, aw geez.
    Snoop would be proud
  • Tre said:

Notch is Swedish.
    furthermore, Phil's a white French Canadian man
    one who has previously implied that Japanese people are inherently uncreative.
    MODEL IS 5'11 / 160 PNDS
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    >Japanese people
    >inherently uncreative

Bwahaha what?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    purple haze all up in my brain
    slate star codex is boring
  • edited 2014-08-16 21:46:31
    My dreams exceed my real life
    we are the universe experiencing itself, if you disregard mereology and just sort of wing it
  • You fool! German science is the world's finest!
    naney, before you say more mean things about how I own ESPN, remember that Disney owns Fox
    All the DVDs in my netflix queue say "very long wait"

how strange
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    you are all failures.

every last one of you.
    :(

you are all failures.

every last one of you.

nuh uh
    That is a mean thing to say
    I did not see any Nicolas Cage pictures.
    vampire9.png
  • Anonus said:

naney, before you say more mean things about how I own ESPN, remember that Disney owns Fox

does fox still exist
    good.

you are redeemed.
    naney said:

Anonus said:

does fox still exist
    Yes
  • edited 2014-08-16 21:55:38

it hasn't been in my sphere of cognizance for like

forever
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Anonus said:

>Japanese people

>inherently uncreative

Bwahaha what?
    To be fair, there are a lot of things in japan that were blatantly stolen from Korea.  Writing, Pottery, Culture, ARt, Music, architecture, everything worth a dang.  Or at least that's what I was told in high school by my Korean classmate, who is clearly not biased at all.
    (2015 self)

you are all failures.

every last one of you.

HA!  NOT A HEAPER!  EXEMPT FROM INSULT!

• edited 2014-08-16 21:59:01
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    LIPETROPST
    naney said:

it hasn't been in my sphere of cognizance for like

forever

To be honest, I can't blame you

It feels like Fox should have ceased to exist by now, somehow
    Aliroz said:

Anonus said:

>Japanese people

>inherently uncreative

Bwahaha what?
    To be fair, there are a lot of things in japan that were blatantly stolen from Korea.  Writing, Pottery, Culture, ARt, Music, architecture, everything worth a dang.  Or at least that's what I was told in high school by my Korean classmate, who is clearly not biased at all.

The differences between Japanese and American vidcon consumers are as blatant as the differences between seasons 1 and 2 of Otomoe wa Boku ni Koishiteru (a nod to my fellow Otomoe wa Boku ni Koishiteru enthusiasts). Whereas the Japanese vidcon consumer is informed and discriminating in his or her purchases and endeavors, his American counterpart acts as a foil, stumbling blindly through the vidcon department at K-Mart, groping for the first vidcon with enough explosions or mammaries on the cover to slake their slavering decidedly non-intellectual lusts. Their hunger for Western garbage such as Madden and Halo is fueled by an almost sub-human ignorance that is as profound in the rest of their lives as it is in their choosing of vidcons. This disgusting display of American mass stupidity is no doubt the result of Christian indoctrination, adding another point on the list of reasons why the Japanese are more intelligent than the West, as contemptuous Western culture has left its people with little more than swiss cheese brains and an unquenchable urge for repeat football vidcons.
    Like it's served its purpose and can depart
    Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

Anonus said:

>Japanese people

>inherently uncreative

Bwahaha what?

The differences between Japanese and American vidcon consumers are as blatant as the differences between seasons 1 and 2 of Otomoe wa Boku ni Koishiteru (a nod to my fellow Otomoe wa Boku ni Koishiteru enthusiasts). Whereas the Japanese vidcon consumer is informed and discriminating in his or her purchases and endeavors, his American counterpart acts as a foil, stumbling blindly through the vidcon department at K-Mart, groping for the first vidcon with enough explosions or mammaries on the cover to slake their slavering decidedly non-intellectual lusts. Their hunger for Western garbage such as Madden and Halo is fueled by an almost sub-human ignorance that is as profound in the rest of their lives as it is in their choosing of vidcons. This disgusting display of American mass stupidity is no doubt the result of Christian indoctrination, adding another point on the list of reasons why the Japanese are more intelligent than the West, as contemptuous Western culture has left its people with little more than swiss cheese brains and an unquenchable urge for repeat football vidcons.
    *clapclap*
  • edited 2014-08-16 22:11:28
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Aliroz said:

Anonus said:

>Japanese people

>inherently uncreative

Bwahaha what?
    On the one hand, the Japanese have treated and continue to treat Koreans like crap; and the Koreans invented their own remarkably efficient alphabet where the Japanese writing system is half-stolen from Chinese and utterly baffling.

On the other hand, writing off the entirety of Japanese culture as theft from China and Korea is like writing off all of French culture because they jacked aioli from the Italians and invaded England. I mean, the richness of the Japanese poetic tradition alone is incredible.
  • edited 2014-08-16 22:18:07
    (2015 self)
    OKay, to be fair, they did get the idea of pottery from Korea, and legitimately were never able to reverse-engineer the best of Korean pottery (seriously, we can't even make that stuff now), so my associate was right on one count.

And considering the afrementioned Japanese treatment of Korea, I can't blame my associate for being a bit bitter and dismissive towards the Japanese.
  • kill living beings
    korea is great because the nationalism gets amazingly bizarre sometimes

(a parody, but it's parodying something)
  • korea is great because the nationalism gets amazingly bizarre sometimes

(a parody, but it's parodying something)

Aliroz said:

OKay, to be fair, they did get the idea of pottery from Korea, and legitimately were never able to reverse-engineer the best of Korean pottery (seriously, we can't even make that stuff now), so my associate was right on one count.

Actually, Jomon pottery pre-dates Korean pottery by centuries if I am not mistaken, so technically that is incorrect, although whether one wishes to make a distinction between the Jomon-descended Ainu and Emishi and the Yamato (who most likely came from the Korean peninsula themselves) is a different matter.
  • edited 2014-08-16 22:28:08
    (2015 self)
    I'm talking about the Yamato pottery, which I have been told came from Korea.

My Korean friend does not count Ainu and Emishi as being Japanese, or at least not the same as what we mean when we say, "Japanese"; and has told me that it's the equivalent of confusing native americans for non-native americans.

I know far too little of asian history to comment. I am just repeating the words of my classmate.

Well, setting aside the fact that the Yamato tribes that the modern Japanese descend from were primarily a farming and fishing people lead by powerful female shamans with little cultural aspirations until they came under the influence of the Chinese, after that point they drew far more from China than Korea. And Korea did, too: Before hangul was developed, hanja was the main means of transferring verbal information, and it's basically the Korean equivalent to kanji. Plus the whole administrative system, but that's up for debate...
    (2015 self)
    So, in effect, my associate was speaking from a wounded place; and Japan is not simply made of theft from Korea and China.

RESURGAM.