Anime

Comments

• kill living beings
    oh yeah, that one looked kind of interesting. dunno what a shiori is tho
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Shiori is, like, the second or third worst person in Utena.
  • and I loved her :B
    Oh, she's fun to watch, she's just utterly awful. I mean, she's not cartoonishly evil and, unlike the main antagonists, her plans (mostly) don't involve murder or magical enslavement or whatever, but she's an incredibly spiteful and sadistic brat.

...come to think, I wouldn't be surprised if she were the model for Nadeko in Monogatari, at least later on.
  • kill living beings
    that's my kinda spite
    If you haven't seen Utena already, I really think that you should. It is a stone-cold classic.
  • Meme is pretty great, yes. 

I shall take this quote out of context.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    GO GO TIGER

TIGER MASK

KING OF THE WILD WILD WILD

KING OF THE WILD
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Not a lot of shows make me want to watch every single opening and ending sequence, is what I'm saying here.
  • kill living beings
    So... all the album covers for Witch Craft Works are parodies of Kraftwerk album covers.

Meme is pretty great, yes. 

I shall take this quote out of context.
    There's also the aunt from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (a.k.a. Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl, which... I guess is the best they could manage?), about whom that could equally apply. Also, another Shinbo-at-SHAFT show.
  • Yesh yesh but I meant just the word "meme". Spelled the same but pronounced differentiatedly.
  • kill living beings
    Monogatari is at its core an experience of watching 50+ episodes just to get to the true masterpiece Kimi to [Nadekko]
    cruel

so cruel...
  • edited 2016-11-06 02:59:37
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Fun thing I discovered traversing the bizarre world of the Lost Media Wiki: Apparently most versions of Midori: Shoujo Tsubaki—including the version that I saw—are actually missing six minutes from the original print. Four minutes that were even more grotesque than the final film, and were cut to appease the Japanese censorship board, and may now be totally lost.

Wow.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I was using the Crunchyroll random button, got Takamiya Nasuno Desu!, and have now watched five episodes. Good.
  • edited 2016-11-22 19:54:31
    kill living beings
    this is kind of random but i really like that the leads in www.working have no chemistry whatsoever. in the OP they're all blushing and shit but in the actual show they just kind of vacillate between friendly coworkers and mildly antipathic coworkers. more neutral for the neutral god
    I'm with you there.
    Girlish Number is full of savagery, I love it.
    Same.
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    flip flappers is so good honestly. like, have you ever seen that one tumblr post that was like 'i wish there was a tv show where every episode was an AU set in a different genre but with the same characters"? this is it. this is that show.
    It's true!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    commedia dell'arte

flip flappers does sound fun tho
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Anonus said:

commedia dell'arte

flip flappers does sound fun tho

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Epitome said:

flip flappers is so good honestly. like, have you ever seen that one tumblr post that was like 'i wish there was a tv show where every episode was an AU set in a different genre but with the same characters"? this is it. this is that show.

The Super Mario Bros Super Show
  • Anyone wanna try out Cards Against Megukas right now?

https://doushio.com/cards/

Note: I haven't played this before so I can't guarantee anything, but it looks like it might be fun if you're an anime fan.

Anyone wanna try out Cards Against Megukas right now?

https://doushio.com/cards/

Note: I haven't played this before so I can't guarantee anything, but it looks like it might be fun if you're an anime fan.

[clicks link]
    [sees Donald_Trump]
    Nah.
    This week's MSG IBO frigged me up, and I did not expect that, but that does give me even more hope for future episodes...
    Pokemon: XY is pretty noice so far, I'm enjoying it.
    Good! :3

I think I am going to watch Tsukimonogatari tonight. Or maybe some vintage Shinbo. Or just something pleasant and obscure. I don't know.
    Like, it's definitely a step up from what I saw of the prior generations post-Indigo League, which was definitely enough to get a feel for it (especially generation three's anime when I really got into Pokemon). The backgrounds for the fights actually feel like they're taking place in the show as opposed to functioning in some separate domain, the animation itself - particularly for the battles, like with the rampaging Garchomp and flying Fletchinder! - is a serious improvement and genuinely energizing, and the they really glitz up the characters where it counts. It almost, almost feels like back when I watched the Indigo League season way back when and that's so much what I need right now.
    Halfway through Tsukimonogatari and it feels like a bit of a step back to Nise in terms of gratuitous kink and meandering, although aesthetically the series is in peak form. Hopefully when we get into Yotsugi's past we'll get some real meat on these bones... pun intended.

I do appreciate that the abundant female nudity in the first episode is undercut by the increasingly tense music and visuals and the characters' constant petty familial bickering in addition to being punctuated with blatant manservice. Having your cake and eating it too with the critique of the male gaze: The Guitary Way.
    Manservice to boot? Oh, how wonderful.
    I mean, it's an arc about Yotsugi. Of course we're going to get longing shots of Koyomi's amazing abs. Except Yotsugi's not in any of those scenes. Which somehow makes it funnier.
    I'm just always happy about manservice by default, so. Having your cake and eating it as described is almost-perfect.
  • So, for the Lupin III: The Italian Adventure English dub, all the the original VAs from the second Lupin III anime are reprising their roles, except for Zenigata. I'm really really hyped guys.
  • Watching Nadeko Medusa. Ougi is really giving off the "Hello, I am Dr Bad guy, I shall be your bad guy for the evening. I'm a bad guy. Bad guy, Bad guy, Bad guy, Bad guy." vibes.

Watching Nadeko Medusa. Ougi is really giving off the "Hello, I am Dr Bad guy, I shall be your bad guy for the evening. I'm a bad guy. Bad guy, Bad guy, Bad guy, Bad guy." vibes.

The last five minutes of "Shinobu Time" make that creepiness so, so much less funny. But yes, I love Ougi. She's fucking awful. God, look at my avatar.

...speaking of "Shinobu Time", I was curious about why the opening theme to that arc isn't sung by her voice actress, and as it turns out, her voice actress *really* doesn't like doing character songs. However, I soon discovered, that doesn't mean she doesn't sing. To the contrary, she's quite prolific. And with whom has she worked the most?

Yoko Kanno. Naturally.

And now I will never not hear the opening to The Vision of Escaflowne without thinking of Shinobu singing it. Which, I think, is precisely what Ms. Sakamoto has been desperately trying avoid for her entire career. Irony is a bitch.
  • kill living beings
    this is why shinobu has the best themes

it's white lies and mein schatz maaaaan
    Haven't gotten to "mein schatz" yet, but "white lies" is great.
  • kill living beings
    naturally. it's at the end after all

when i watched it i kind of figured it was a male voice because there is a male character (#wow #whoa) but this makes more sense
    She also sang the opening theme to RahXephon and several songs for Wolf's Rain, which is... totally unsurprising, really.
    Also on the subject of Tsukimonogatari:

"Orange Mint" is an unusually great opening.
  • kill living beings
    yeah it's nice how she manages to sound monotone while making several different tones
    The way that the animation conveys the mood and the theme is great, too. It's just very cohesive all around. It helps that I really like Yotsugi as a character, despite the fact that the arcs which feature her most heavily tend to be the weakest in the series despite having great ideas in them—"Tsukihi Phoenix", "Shinobu Mail", "Yotsugi Doll". The exception is "Hitagi End", but that's a pretty unusual arc in a couple of ways.
  • kill living beings
    FGHJKL; YURI ON ICE EPISODE 7

ASDFGHJKL;'
  • edited 2016-11-16 21:59:47
    meow meow meowtherfuckers
    no but
    Spoiler:

Spoiler: