• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Aliroz said:

I got sucked into FTL

Flies in through the HH house doors at mach speed

Hits a wall, falls down

Crawls up, shakes self off, reorients

You were saying?
  • FossilmaidenFossilmaiden
    writes a 900 page treatise on why birds are nerds and should not be allowed to pilot spacecraft.
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    /me writes a 900 page treatise on why birds are nerds and should not be allowed to pilot spacecraft.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

/me writes a 900 page treatise on why birds are nerds and should not be allowed to pilot spacecraft.

hqdefault.jpg
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Anonus said:

🎵 My name's Blurryface and I care what you think 🎵

hm?
    A recent hit by Twenty-One Pilots, who are reasonably interesting for what they are but not exactly my thing.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Boris Johnson is our foreign secretary now and it's just a completely surreal choice.

Like, this is a man who spearheaded a campaign, and then when that campaign succeeded, went into radio silence for a while before saying that someone (who isn't him) should come up with a plan.
  • kill living beings
    i am a hero went in directions i was definitely not expecting
  • edited 2016-07-14 04:10:21
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Also our head of international trade is Liam Fox, disgraced former defense secratary.

...British politics is hard.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    politics is a wasteland
  • politics is a dust bowl
  • Politics is "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones.
  • love is a battlefield
  • something something politics something something taint etc.

I like the word "taint." It's fun. Vulgar, but fun.
  • politics is a...ghost quarter?
  • probably should've refreshed the thread but whatevs

a fetid heath
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Jane said:

Politics is "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones.

Now it's in my head. Thanks.

a fetid heath
    actually I should've said tectonic edge to properly continue the pattern
  • Crystal said:

Jane said:

I've never even heard the song so I'm immune to this.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

🎵 My name's Blurryface and I care what you think 🎵

hm?
    It's from "Stressed Out" by Twenty One Pilots, which I heard on the radio a bunch of times at work
  • is that an actual lyric?

I don't understand what that could possibly mean.
    Jane said:

Crystal said:

Jane said:

I've never even heard the song so I'm immune to this.
    People use it as a joke for being the WASPiest song ever
  • Actually the only Tom Jones songs I know are "She's A Lady" and the theme from Duck Dodgers, a show that remains criminally underrated.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Jane said:

is that an actual lyric?

He's a rock star who's extremely worried about his public image and people's opinions of him. So, he cares what you think.
    Incidentally, Twenty One Pilots is from Columbus.
    Introducing my minster of sweets, Ms. Cara Mel Golem.
  • Jane said:

is that an actual lyric?

He's a rock star who's extremely worried about his public image and people's opinions of him. So, he cares what you think.
    but, Blurryface?
  • TreTre
    edited 2016-07-14 04:37:00
    Yeah, Blurryface is the name Tyler (the singer) gives to the side of himself containing his insecurities and fears.

It's also the name of the album the song is from, and a recurring theme throughout.
  • I didn't realize 21 Pilots did concepts.
    Queens of the Stone Temple 21 Pilots Age
  • also is it 21 Pilots or The 21 Pilots.

Bands without definitive articles kinda bother me for some reason.
    Hootie and Blowfish
  • Jane said:

also is it 21 Pilots or The 21 Pilots.

"twenty one pilots," no capital letters, no "the."
  • forever twenty one pilots
    Jane said:

No definitive article; cf. Swans, Talking Heads, Band of Susans.
  • Tre said:

Jane said:

if we were on reddit this is where I'd say "triggered" and you'd all laugh because they think that's funny there.

Instead I will just say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • alternatively, if one wants to emulate the cover art of Blurryface, "TWENTY ØNE PILØTS"

nobody does it like that except the super fans, tho
  • Is that like how there's now an ironic Desiigner fandom that talks liike thiis
    Jane said:

Tre said:

Jane said:

if we were on reddit this is where I'd say "triggered" and you'd all laugh because they think that's funny there.

Instead I will just say aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Nah, since it's Reddit, the mere mention of pilots would get someone claiming to be an attack helicopter, because they're still investing in research on zombie horses.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    God I need to listen to the radio more because somehow I manage to avoid 99% of modern popular music
  • edited 2016-07-14 04:50:51

Jane said:

Is that like how there's now an ironic Desiigner fandom that talks liike thiis

Andrew Hussie's Hypestuck
  • Anonus said:

God I need to listen to the radio more because somehow I manage to avoid 99% of modern popular music

I would argue you're not missing that much.

Pop music isn't in a bad place right now but you have to like pop music in the first place to appreciate that and if you don't there's little reason to listen to the radio.

I will say, "I Took A Pill In Ibiza" is one of my favorite radio hits in a long time.
    I listen to the radio at work because there is not much else to keep myself occupied with.

Anonus wanted to know how many parts I went through last night. My supervisor counted 'em after I left. There were 2,039 parts.

Mind you, that's only the ones in the "good" bin. There were probably another 200 or so that I rejected.
  • do you think those 39 parts feel kinda left out
  • taking mysterious drugs to try to impress Tim Berg
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Anonus said:

No, you really don't.

Anonus said:

No, you really don't.
    This.

You could always do what I do and watch Mark Grondin's Billboard Breakdown. He's a huge dork, but it's generally endearing, and it's less of a waste of your life than listening to every new song in the Top 40.
    @Jane The remix of "I Took A Pill In Ibiza" is great but the original is...not
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

Anonus said:

No, you really don't.
    This.

You could always do what I do and watch Mark Grondin's Billboard Breakdown. He's a huge dork, but it's generally endearing, and it's less of a waste of your life than listening to every new song in the Top 40.
    I might have to watch that. Thanks!

Anonus said:

No, you really don't.
    This.

I might have to watch that. Thanks!
    For the record, his album reviews go into more depth about lyrics and themes than I've ever really seen a Youtube reviewer do. Which, honestly, works best when he has meat on the bones to work with, and he does overreach, but he's so enthusiastic! It's adorable.