The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    We lost a legend today.
    Also RIP Chyna.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can kinda understand wanting your private security company's vehicles to resemble law enforcement vehicles

Because you could argue there'd be a deterrent effect if a would-be criminal thought the police were around

But I feel like putting "EMERGENCY DIAL 911" is a little over the line
  • all vehicles can be law enforcement vehicles if you beleive
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Law Enforcement Skateboard
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Current boredness level: pulling out my 11-year-old iPod Mini out of nostalgia
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

insight

gatcha!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Today is four years to the day we moved out of Vanilla's house
  • Damn, we're old!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I did not expect Prince to kick it, not gonna lie

this is the biggest one since Bowie
    and that was only three months ago!
  • LWLW
    edited 2016-04-22 00:40:05

Tropical Freeze has good music.

Clicking the "Help" button in most parts of Windows 10 just opens your default browser to a Bing search for "how to get help in windows 10"

This is clearly the part Microsoft invested the least amount of effort in and it's almost comical
    Objectively, the ladder is not an absolute measure of ecumenism.
    perhaps, but it can get you across one-tile-wide gaps.
  • Considering I only had six hours sleep last night, I am surprisingly non-grumpy
  • Bagel and jam with a fruit smoothie for breakfast 👍🏻
    What kind of bagel
  • Just a plain bagel.
    The best kind!
    Still kinda bitter about that wikipedia thing
  • Wikipedia thing?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    the Escape from Tomorrow dispute?

i think you were just unlucky, you stumbled into some kind of argument/edit war that must have been going for some time
  • I must be sat by the engine on this train because the floor is vibrating, there's the smell of petrol in the air, and the engine is really fucking loud.
  • On the plus side, got some killer views of the countryside.
    Honestly I'm more bothered that I feel like the person that was in the right was going about being in the right the worst way possible.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    That's frustrating, yeah.
  • I arrive in Sheffield and it's cold and grey.

Typical.
    *wakes up*

*sees "John Waters" trending*

"Ah shit, not another person, goddamnit oh he's just celebrating his 70th birthday, that's okay then"
  • The village idiot is at the tram stop.

Great.
    I'm pretty sure John Waters is literally immortal.
    one of John Waters' movies has a character named Ursula Udders

of course this amuses me
  • I'm so exhausted that it's hard for me to function
  • edited 2016-04-22 17:32:00
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Eat a sandwich if you can digest Gluten, Tools.  Drink some milk if you can digest lactose.  Get to bed early tonight.  If you can, take a walk, even if only a ten or fifteen minute one.

If you must stay awake and concentrate, slap yourself with both hands at the same time.  It sounds really silly, but it works for me.
  • I have some lactose free milk somewhere (damn lactose intolerance).

I'm going to bed early tonight, anyway. Dad said that I look really tired.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Hope you get a restful sleep.
  • I hope so, too. I need to be up early tomorrow to go to Derby to get my bridesmaid's dress fitted.
  • The founder Sims for my Sims 3 legacy have died of old age :<
  • Shit

My laptop froze.

Like full on froze and started making weird noises froze
  • I'm ready for bed

The dog, however, is not
    The fact that the UK wants to withdraw from the EU makes me question whether I should really move there

Like, I don't know what the arguments are, but I can't imagine they're anything good
    Why do they want the UK to leave?
    They believe Britain is being held back by the EU, which they say imposes too many rules on business and charges billions of pounds a year in membership fees for little in return. They also want Britain to take back full control of its borders and reduce the number of people coming here to work. One of the main principles of EU membership is "free movement", which means you don't need to get a visa to go and live in another EU country. They also object to the idea of "ever closer union" and what they see as moves towards the creation of a "United States of Europe".
    Ok, yeah, it's like I thought. All the stuff they want to prevent is stuff I consider good things.
  • edited 2016-04-22 23:19:39
    (2015 self)
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah homeworkhomework I hate this I hate this I hate this.

Re: England:  I am not not-sleep-deprived enough, and not not-behind-on-homework enough to deal with this like a reasonable human being right now.  All I'mma say is that  GAAAAAAAAAH THIS STUPID HOMEWORK I HATE IT.

In conclusion, I hate everything except accountants for reasons of me having to do statistics homework right now when I want to be playing with my family and having a life.
  • edited 2016-04-22 23:17:52
    (2015 self)
    There is one good reason to leave the EU:  I don't care about this backward elimination procedure which was probably invented by someone from the EU.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Gaaaaaaaaaah, this stupid SAS program.  All I want is to yell, "COMPUTER BOX, DO THING!" and have the computer do exactly what I want.  Is that so hard?
  • concrete-based monoculture
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Waitaminute, if my ancestors had stayed on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, I'd be doing homework that isn't this homework.  

GOSH DANG IT AMERICA.