The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    also look on the bright side: i don't actually have a bright side. we're kind of just wrecking the environment. i mean it'll outlive us regardless, but that's still a lot of dead fish
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Animal Friend doesn't work on Yao Guai, though.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Zion Canyon is an area in New Vegas, not Fallout 3
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Anyone remember that one strangely intense Madeline movie where she was kidnapped and had to work in a sweatshop and she had a neclace of beads that she left as breadcrumbs for her friends to find her?

For some reason, I remember that movie really vividly, and I remember a lot of lines and songs from it even though I haven't seen it in over ten years, but nobody else in my family remembers it at all.  I've never been able to find it, but I swear it's real.
    Please nerf.
  • edited 2016-04-21 00:33:39
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Like, the villain was secretly bald, and she was once a dancer until she split her tights during a dance of the can-can.

And, like, there was a mention that some of the earlier kidnapping victims had gone blind from too much darkness.  "Zee darkness, it takes our eyes".

And the "oh dear, oh dear, something isn't right!" song was super catchy.

I swear this is a real thing and I saw it when I was younger.  Like, Madeline sang a song with the actual lyric "happiness is just a memory now" or something along those lines.
    MAY THE RATS EAT YOUR EYES! I AM NOW LOST TO YOUR CAUSE! THE DARKNESS COMES! IT WILL DAMN US ALL!
  • edited 2016-04-21 00:38:25
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    And, like, there was this scene where the one boy from the madeline books tried to stop the day from happening by stopping the rooster from crowing, and he gave a hilarious "nuuuuuuuuuu" when the sun came up.

Dude, you have to spoil rats.

• Jane said:

Aliroz has levels in Druid.

-resists temptation to give everyone a DnD class-
    do do that tho.
  • I have just given Dusty a huge snuggle.

I think we both needed that.
  • Jane said:

Jane said:

Aliroz has levels in Druid.

-resists temptation to give everyone a DnD class-
    do do that tho.
    PLEASE

(From the ending of Star Fox Zero)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Aliroz said:

Anyone remember that one strangely intense Madeline movie where she was kidnapped and had to work in a sweatshop and she had a neclace of beads that she left as breadcrumbs for her friends to find her?

For some reason, I remember that movie really vividly, and I remember a lot of lines and songs from it even though I haven't seen it in over ten years, but nobody else in my family remembers it at all.  I've never been able to find it, but I swear it's real.

Madeline: Lost in Paris?
    (2015 self)
    Anonus said:

Aliroz said:

Madeline: Lost in Paris?
    -after checking the internet-

Holy crud, you found it, Anonus!
    (2015 self)
    I nominate that for Odra's weekly stream.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Aliroz said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stora_Sundby_Castle

Well, I've found where Imi's wife lives.

This is very cool, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    For years I thought I would never see Cry Baby Lane again
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aliroz said:

oh my god i have only the vaguest memory of that but now that you've reminded me it exists i want to see it again just to refresh my memory
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anyone wanna join me in bathing in racists' tears? Yay for Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Yesterday I noticed that Andrew Jackson had rather bushy eyebrows
    Jane said:

wait, what?

You didn't hear about that? Starting in 2020 they're replacing Andrew Jackson with Harriet Tubman.
  • ► The back of the $10 bill will tell the story of the women's suffrage movement, which culminated in the 19th amendment giving women the right to vote in 1920. Among the women to be honored on the back of that bill: Lucretia Mott, Sojourner Truth, Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Alice Paul.

► To make room for Tubman on the front of the $20 bill, Jackson will be moved to the back where he'll be incorporated into the existing image of the White House. Lew said that image could depict the statue of Jackson riding horseback in Lafayette Square across Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House.

• Maybe that will help quell my urges to punch Andrew Jackson in the face whenever I see a $20.

Well, when I get one of the new $20s anyway. I'll still want to punch the old ones.

Harriet Tubman was awesome, so yay. 
  • And now I need to get some rest.
  • Jane said:

wait, what?

You didn't hear about that? Starting in 2020 they're replacing Andrew Jackson with Harriet Tubman.
    I never hear about anything, so no I didn't.

That's cool.
    (2015 self)

I always interpreted this as a Cherokee eagle wing-punching old Hickory and sticking the olive branch into his brain through his ear.

It's the only way a picture of Andrew Jackson could have any value.

Removing the SD card from my smartphone is such an irritatingly tedious process.

I have to take the phone out of its case, then take the back cover off the phone to get to the SD card.

Why couldn't they put the slot on the outside edge of the phone and have a slit in the case for it to go through?
  • Removing the SD card from my smartphone is such an irritatingly tedious process.

I have to take the phone out of its case, then take the back cover off the phone to get to the SD card.

Why couldn't they put the slot on the outside edge of the phone and have a slit in the case for it to go through?
    person accidentally pops out the card, it's small, it drops, they never find it
    At least it's not the New 3DS, where you have to physically unscrew the backplate to put the SD card in.
    My first digital camera had a (full-size) SD card slot on the outside, behind a little door. That was a good design, I think: it was easy enough to get the card in and out, but there was enough in place to keep you from popping it out accidentally.

My second digital camera...you have to open the battery compartment to get to the SD card. Admittedly it's really any more difficult but it seems like a weird choice, as if they don't expect you to remove the SD card frequently. How do they expect me to get the pictures off the camera?
  • kill living beings
    good interpretation
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Aliroz said:

Yo, I saw that one. I can sing part of at least one of the songs.

Removing the SD card from my smartphone is such an irritatingly tedious process.

person accidentally pops out the card, it's small, it drops, they never find it
    SD cards ain't that tiny.
  • the word "smartphone" made me think microSD
    I was referring to microSD, yeah, I just got lazy with my terminology

I'm kind of surprised I never managed to lose one of these, given my track record with USB flash drives.

Of course, USB flash drives are something I carry around a lot, whereas I rarely take the microSD cards out of their devices, so...
    (2015 self)

good interpretation

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    (2015 self)

Aliroz said:

Yo, I saw that one. I can sing part of at least one of the songs.
    Oh dear, oh dear, SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT.
    Alternatively,
    Here I sit so cold and lonely...

(2015 self)
    NOBODY CAN STOP THE TRIPLEPOST.  NOT YOU, NOT HIM, NOT ANYBODY..
    MAGICAL GIRLS OF COLERAIN:

Butterscotch: the leader

Caramel: actually a magical boy, but likes to wear girly clothes because girly clothes are awesome, that's why

Gumdrop: the short, fat one. has super strength

Cinnamon Sugar: their adversary
    You guys should try the shower Princess Meredith had installed

It has 6 knobs and they all do different things