The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Didn't think so
  • Screw remember, that's one of the Animorph books that I actually own.

Spoiler alert, it turns out the Yeerks were catching people with chatrooms and really obvious trolling, and bizarro Bill Gates was a Yeerk all along using Yeerk technology to build Microsoft

I know it sounds silly, but it was actually a pretty gripping ethical quandary tale in the end. I mean, for Animorphs
    He was also Visser 3's secret twin brother.
    The Animorphs also met Boris Yeltsin once
  • The Animorphs also met Boris Yeltsin once

Marco met Boris Yeltsin once. Or Rachel. I never liked the David books, so I never read them closely

He was drunk off his ass so he was just like "oh hey, a gorilla/bear/elephant"
    Hey mein Name ist Johann Wolf’gang von Goethe und ich bin 1,69m groß aber auf Denkmälern erreiche ich Schillers Größe und ich trage meine weißen Haare nach hinten gepustet um die Mitte meiner Stirn herum und eine Menge Leute sagen mir ich sehe aus wie der junge Werther (AN: wenn du nicht weißt wer der werther ist lies verfickt nochmal mein buch!). Ich bin nicht verwandt mit einer Gang aus Wölfen (So habe ich meinen Namen bekommen) und ich wünschte ich wäre mit Götz von Berlichingen verwandt denn ich feiere ihn ziemlich hart. Ich bin Verfasser aber meine Fassungen sind nicht verunstaltet und gefasst. Ich habe Hautfarbe die je nach Farbwiederherstellungsprogramm anders aussieht (das kommt davon dass sie so schlechte farbenlehre benutzen die sollen mal mein buch lesen). Ich bin auch ein Stürmer und Dränger, und ich besuche eine Fußballschule genannt Hauslehrergruppe im Vorgänger Deutschlands, dort bin ich einige Zeit gewesen (Ich bin 266). Ich bin ein Göth (Falls du es noch nicht erraten hast) und ich schreibe meistens Zeugs. Heute zum Beispiel schrieb ich einen doktorierten Charakter mit dem Namen einer zum Angriff geballten Hand mit universellem Wissen im Bereich der ach! Philosophie, Juristerei und Medizin und leider auch Theologie und er hat den Erdgeist beschworen und kriegt Besuch vom Teufel weil er es nicht hingekriegt hat den Drudenfuß vor seiner Tür anständig zu malen und er wird verjüngt und macht aber doch alles irgendwie wieder kaputt. Gerade stürmte es und ich drängte mich durch den Wind, worüber ich sehr froh war. Johann Melchior Goeze starrt mich an. Ich zeigte ihm den Mittelfinger
  • i know how to pronounce Goethe
  • Hey mein Name ist Johann Wolf’gang von Goethe und ich bin 1,69m groß aber auf Denkmälern erreiche ich Schillers Größe und ich trage meine weißen Haare nach hinten gepustet um die Mitte meiner Stirn herum und eine Menge Leute sagen mir ich sehe aus wie der junge Werther (AN: wenn du nicht weißt wer der werther ist lies verfickt nochmal mein buch!). Ich bin nicht verwandt mit einer Gang aus Wölfen (So habe ich meinen Namen bekommen) und ich wünschte ich wäre mit Götz von Berlichingen verwandt denn ich feiere ihn ziemlich hart. Ich bin Verfasser aber meine Fassungen sind nicht verunstaltet und gefasst. Ich habe Hautfarbe die je nach Farbwiederherstellungsprogramm anders aussieht (das kommt davon dass sie so schlechte farbenlehre benutzen die sollen mal mein buch lesen). Ich bin auch ein Stürmer und Dränger, und ich besuche eine Fußballschule genannt Hauslehrergruppe im Vorgänger Deutschlands, dort bin ich einige Zeit gewesen (Ich bin 266). Ich bin ein Göth (Falls du es noch nicht erraten hast) und ich schreibe meistens Zeugs. Heute zum Beispiel schrieb ich einen doktorierten Charakter mit dem Namen einer zum Angriff geballten Hand mit universellem Wissen im Bereich der ach! Philosophie, Juristerei und Medizin und leider auch Theologie und er hat den Erdgeist beschworen und kriegt Besuch vom Teufel weil er es nicht hingekriegt hat den Drudenfuß vor seiner Tür anständig zu malen und er wird verjüngt und macht aber doch alles irgendwie wieder kaputt. Gerade stürmte es und ich drängte mich durch den Wind, worüber ich sehr froh war. Johann Melchior Goeze starrt mich an. Ich zeigte ihm den Mittelfinger

I hate that I know enough German to know what this is.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I know absolutely no German but I know what it is just by looking at the first five and last words.

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you denying that there's an aesthetic that's common in Sturm und Drang? When you bring up criticisms, is it not in reference to things you dislike?

This is my starting point: Sturm und Drang has an aesthetic. Yes, #notallsturmunddrang, but by and large, there is a collection of literary, dialogue, plot and characterization tropes that are common to the movement. I don't dig those literary, dialogue, plot or characterization tropes. I don't think it looks cool, or sounds cool, I don't respond to the dialogue ticks. They're annoying to me, or, if you'd like, they're silly in a way I dislike.

When I end up liking Sturm und Drang, it's when it avoids those things. Which does happen! But I'm not sure if you're saying the aesthetic isn't there (which I disagree with) or you're saying you shouldn't dislike an aesthetic (which I also disagree with). Yes, I can scour the world of Sturm und Drang for exceptions but why would I? I know they exist, they land on my door step sometimes, but life is too short to swim upstream for literature. There's literature everywhere.

• fight. dream. horse. love.
    My German vocabulary has maybe 5 of the words in that passage in it
    guqX3vx.png
    I'm not sure what your point is. Are you denying that there's an aesthetic that's common in Red Pandas? When you bring up criticisms, is it not in reference to things you dislike?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Jane said:

Davis is a former atheist who believes that he can "talk with God" and that God told him the operating system he built was God's official temple. According to Davis TempleOS is of 'Divine' intellect due to the inspired nature of the code. According to Davis, God said to create the operating system with 640x480, 16 colors display and a single audio voice. The operating system was coded in a programming language, developed by Davis in C/C++ called "HolyC". The OS runs a file system called "Red Sea".[4]
    Uh....hm.
    the creator has schizophrenia and is extremely racist but there's something kind of neat about the dude making an OS all by himself
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
  • edited 2016-03-04 05:51:42
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    http://www.infiltec.com/j-h-wrld.htm

Master programmer my ass. Watch and learn:
    #include <tchar.h>
    #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
    #include <windows.h>

int _tmain(int argc, LPTSTR argv[])
    {
    MessageBox(NULL, _T("Hello, world!"), _T("Hello"), MB_ICONINFORMATION|MB_OK);
    return 0;
    }
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Hello, world!

• Out of a desire not to ruin my own self-esteem with regard to my music I avoided listening to the other Trevor Whatevr but, gosh, this song goes

I'm tempted to sample it but I feel like that would be even more of an act of heresy than the one I already committed by using the name in the first place
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    lee4hmz said:

http://www.infiltec.com/j-h-wrld.htm

Master programmer my ass. Watch and learn:
    #include <tchar.h>
    #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
    #include <windows.h>

int _tmain(int argc, LPTSTR argv[])
    {
    MessageBox(NULL, _T("Hello, world!"), _T("Hello"), MB_ICONINFORMATION|MB_OK);
    return 0;
    }
    WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
  • WE GOT TO INSTALL MICROWAVE OVENS

CUSTOM KITCHEN DELIVERIIIIESSS

WE GOT TO MOVE THESE REFRIGERATORS

WE GOT TO MOVE THESE COLOUUUUR TVVVSS
  • edited 2016-03-04 10:30:12
    ಠ_ಠ
    Just went outside to take my rubbish out to the bins. It's snowing lightly, it's 2 degrees, and I wasn't cold.

I love being ill.
  • Toolsie said:

Tomorrow morning, I shall get some doughnuts.

All the doughnuts.

I got the doughnuts.

I don't know what I'm doing on HitRecord, but I'm doing something.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I laughed.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @lee4hmz

What's kinda funny about Nathan Lineback's stuff these days is that when he digs up some vintage piece of software he can give it a thorough and informative review...but when he looks at anything recent, especially Microsoft stuff, he just gets ragey.

It's frustrating to watch, because so much of his reviews of later versions of Windows (and even some Linux desktops) consists of refusing to connect to the internet and then griping that features that require an internet connection don't work. Like he spent a whole bunch of his Windows 8 review ranting that the calendar wouldn't work without an internet connection, as if there would be any practical reason to use a calendar app that wouldn't sync to anything. *shrug*
  • wait wait back up

the calendar requires an internet connection??
    I can't remember if it requires an internet connection or if it just requires that you log in so it can store your appointments in ~the cloud~

I mean, yeah, that's kinda dumb, but with all the other stuff in Windows 8 that seems like a really odd thing to fixate on the way he did.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Yeah, it requires a MS account because otherwise it's just a little redundant.
    thebaffler.com/salvos/pulp-affliction

Grandpa has some Words for kids these days
  • thebaffler.com/salvos/pulp-affliction

idiocy

thebaffler.com/salvos/pulp-affliction

this feels like it was written a decade ago
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Ohhhh, the little bubbelehs~! 0vvvv0
  • then i guess it was ahead of its time because it was written in 1995
    I used to have a cute little long-haired calico

She would always drink by dipping her paw into the bowl and then licking the water off her paw

It was very silly
    My mom had a tortie who was tiny but with GIGANTIC many-toed paws who would do that with her glasses of scotch.

then i guess it was ahead of its time because it was written in 1995

And Tarantino doesn't make popular films anymore! Proven correct
    Am I out of touch?

Am I out of touch?

No, it is the children who are wrong

Two skeletons kissing

Papyrus encounters Tumblr, faints.
    How come people who get all worked up about Profound Insights Into The Human Condition never have any profound insights into the human condition
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    God, I can't believe I used to like The Baffler.

rrriiiiIIIICCCKKKK
    It has ups and downs
  • edited 2016-03-04 18:44:20
    We can do anything if we do it together.