The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I should lose weight, anyway.
  • edited 2016-03-03 03:42:28
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Okay, look Myr. A joke has a lifespan directly tied to how it can be tied to the present.

Pacific Rim has been out for three years. But Macklemore will be making music for many more years to come, and every time he releases something new, we will go back to his older stuff, because he very well can't erase it from history. Similarly, when a trend can be directly tied to something else in the present, if it evokes a larger issue, it becomes fresh once again.

Pacific Rim as a joke is three years old. That's enough time for the body to decompose, but 'Same Love' is eternal because it speaks to presumption and shortsightedness, something we will always have with us. And Pacific Rim in the same context as Macklemore is a very specific high-horse joke that I am immensely, personally tired of.
  • man Same Love aint even that bad it just kinda dorky

that's all Macklemore is/was: kinda dorky. and then everyone jumped on him.

(*shrug*)

fuck this, im outie
  • Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    @machSpeed:  Aw crap, jokes can get old and die?

Crud, now I've gotta face my own mortality.  CURSE YOU FUTURE LEFT-FACING SELF!

@Aliroz:  I doubt anyone could spike your drink with anything worse than orange juice concentrate.  
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    That only happened once, you jerk!
  • edited 2016-03-03 03:52:31
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    something something whinging-about-whinging something something Gambino Pizza GIF
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    MachSpeed said:

Okay, look Myr. A joke has a lifespan directly tied to how it can be tied to the present.

Pacific Rim has been out for three years. But Macklemore will be making music for many more years to come, and every time he releases something new, we will go back to his older stuff, because he very well can't erase it from history. Similarly, when a trend can be directly tied to something else in the present, if it evokes a larger issue, it becomes fresh once again.

Pacific Rim as a joke is three years old. That's enough time for the body to decompose, but 'Same Love' is eternal because it speaks to presumption and shortsightedness, something we will always have with us. And Pacific Rim in the same context as Macklemore is a very specific high-horse joke that I am immensely, personally tired of.
    How about no
    Done arguing over this
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i don't think you did anything wrong, fwiw
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Tachyon said:

(2015 self)
    Tachyon said:

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Objectively, you did nothing wrong.

But subjectively, I am tired.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    who the fuck is macklemore
    (2015 self)

-spikes Rozzy's drink with dihiddrogyen monoxide-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you realize that that's the active ingredient in most cleaning fluids right?  The universal solvent, destroyer of all things?   In fact, it's the main component of acid rain!
  • kill living beings
    also, watering down drinks makes them taste shittier most of the time? mean
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can't believe the new Powerpuff Girls cartoon tried to be "hip" with today's kids by making Buttercup a furry
    This. This is the worst fucking part about homework.

Trying to piece together some kind of position from a citation of a citation of a citation because nobody thought to save the one chapter from the recommended reading and the only copy of the book is all the way across the sea

IN FUCKING AUSTRALIA
    Ouch

i don't suppose there's any chance you could find a copy in a public library, or an online edition?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I can't believe the new Powerpuff Girls cartoon tried to be "hip" with today's kids by making Buttercup a furry

that just gives me more in common with her
    i can't believe that, either

in fact i don't
    That's a good idea, actually. But if it's somewhere really far, I'm not going to go get it.
    Nope. Can't find it.
  • kill living beings
    MachSpeed said:

This. This is the worst fucking part about homework.

Trying to piece together some kind of position from a citation of a citation of a citation because nobody thought to save the one chapter from the recommended reading and the only copy of the book is all the way across the sea

IN FUCKING AUSTRALIA
    feel known

i take it inter library loan is not an option
    Only copy I can find is in the main campus in Australia.
  • kill living beings
    well yeah, i mean, can you borrow it. ILLiad and such

anyway, wikipedia is trying to convince me that mayonnaise is a plastic. i'm not buying it
    me
    fanficcers rooting for a CBS-Time Warner merger

for shame
    There's no shame in it.
    should I watch We Bare Bears
  • I reeeeeaaaaalllllly do not want to go to this Biology lecture.

It's on sexual offences, which is one of the main topics in forensics that I really feel uncomfortable about.
  • But it's also the week that the first of the revision presentations that was have to prepare get shown, and I don't want to miss them.
  • Sat in the student cafe waiting for my smoothie, and someone just said "it's like, fuck off". This old bloke just glared at her and tutted.
    Anonus said:

should I watch We Bare Bears

Yes
  • IJBM: Online forms that put state/province before country, but only let you fill in a state/province from the country that's currently filled in.

They usually have the US as the default country, and you just know that they didn't even think for a second "this form is really annoying for Canadians".
  • TFW you have a strand of hair that does its own thing.
  • I am gonna laugh so hard if Sim!Me somehow kills Trump in Toolsie's game since I had a dream a8out killing Trump.

I drank his 8lood, in the dream.
  • Someone in my Drugs of Abuse lecture just gave me a brofist.
  • kill living beings
    this is obviously photoshopped

this is obviously photoshopped

Can you tell by having seen many 'shops in your time?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The grass is never that green and the sky's never that clear. Obvious shoop is obvious.
  • Got lumped with someone in my DOA group to make a poster because we're both friendless losers.

We're working independently on different parts of legal highs and then lumping our two bits of research together into one big poster.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Thinking of the Jojo's parody in Touhou where Marisa's response to "Do you remember how much bread you've eaten?" is "Thirteen. I prefer Japanese food." Japan has a ton of bread, ZUN. :|
  • kill living beings
    *nasally* gensokyo has clearly been less westernized than Japan proper, tensei, as you'd know if you read the fourth issue of the adventures of marisa
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Japanese bread culture started in the Meiji era!
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    My "To-Read" shelf on Goodreads is more like "a catalog of books about topic that Wicked223 was interested in at one point but have since forgotten about and don't want to remove out of some misguided completionism".