The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Get your own Myrdradek, this one's mine!

Next you'll be stealing mah Yarrun.

Stupid young and innocent me.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Yarrun is not available for thieving

ironic, considering what he does to all my cars
  • edited 2015-11-06 02:51:39
    Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    What's your frigging deal with the south park guys anyways?

Walt Disney and Thomas Edison are the scumbags where it's at.  Just look at poor Caselotti and Goebel.

Hi Yarrunmace! 

^I DON'T GET THE JOKE.
  • edited 2015-11-06 02:56:56
    I just read a negative review of something I like, and my reaction is that (1) I disagree strongly with the review, and (2) I feel more strongly that I should pay full price for its second installment.

(said thing is fault milestone one, in case you're curious.  review is here: hardcoregamer.com/2014/12/23/review-fault-milestone-one/125034/ )
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    They're fuckers who hate that people like us exist at all.

And I mean "like us" very broadly.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Nobody glomps anymore, you silly goose!  And "frigging" means... dang it, I wish I'd never learned.

Just... appreciate the time you have with grandpa, okay... and give our cousin T____ a hug.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    it's like raaaain on your wedding day
  • i always glomp sredni
  • Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    Well, I have an excellent future ahead of me, it seems.

And, um, 2015?  Don't be so hard on yourself.  I'm sure there are things that you have that are great.

(also, I knew Yarrunmace could make it to college!)
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    did you know that currency speculator and conservative bogeyman george soros is a native esperanto speaker
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Just finished up to S2 of RWBY. My sentiments are the same as they were way back, alas. Still going to keep up with it though.
  • Calica said:

did you know that currency speculator and conservative bogeyman george soros is a native esperanto speaker

huh.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Damn it, now I want pasta.
  • My head is pounding from that party last night, and I wasn't even drinking.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • frickle frackle I am definitely sick =~=
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    -offers hugs and hot soup-
  • My dreams exceed my real life

A marxist post-structuralist continental Ecole Normale Supérieure professor and feminist activist was teaching a class on Martin Heidegger, known hermeneuticist.

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Nietzsche and accept that his genealogical method was the most highly-evolved theory the continent has ever known, even greater than Hegel's dialectics!”

At this moment, a brave, rational, positivist analytic philosopher who had read more than 15000 pages of Popper and Wittgenstein and understood the raison d'être of empiricism and fully supported all modern hard sciences stood up and held up the constitution.

”How universal is this text, frenchfag?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “It's not universal at all, fucking positivist, its 'truth' is rooted in our shared understandings about culture, the subject and the nexus of power and knowledge”

”Wrong. It’s been 225 years since human reason created it. If it was not universal, and post-modern relativism, as you say, is real… then it should be regarded as a myth now”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of On Grammatology. He stormed out of the room crying those ironic post-modern crocodile tears. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, Michel Foucault, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than an AIDS ridden sadomasochist interested in fisting. He wished so much that he had some kind of truth to hold on to, but he himself had written to disprove it!

The students applauded and all rolled into American universities that day and accepted Wittgenstein as the end of philosophy. An eagle named “Formal logic” flew into the room and perched atop the copy of "Principa Mathematica" and shed a tear on the hardcover. The last sentence of "Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus" was read several times, and Karl Popper himself showed up and demonstrated how dialectics is nothing but a means of justifying contradictions.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and his "books" were disregarded for all eternity.

Odradek said:

Martin Heidegger, known hermeneuticist.

still the best part
    Crystal said:

Just finished up to S2 of RWBY. My sentiments are the same as they were way back, alas. Still going to keep up with it though.

Think I'll catch up to S3 today.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Season 4 of RWBY will be called Wax.
    Actually not all of it is on Youtube's RoosterTeeth channel yet (and I don't want to watch trash fan reaction videos), so never mind.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Crystal said:

Actually not all of it is on Youtube's RoosterTeeth channel yet (and I don't want to watch trash fan reaction videos), so never mind.

Only two episodes are out so far.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait if you want to watch it all at once.
    Mystery of the day: What do horror story estate agents have against not selling murderhouses?
    Observation: when I say "candy" to a British person, they seem to think of, like, hard candies first.

Whereas if you say "candy" to an American they'll immediately think of chocolate.

Curious.
    because "candy" literally doesn't encompass chocolate in British English, like if you were British and you referred to a chocolate bar as "candy" to another British person, they'd think that was just incorrect

outside imported TV and movies, we never even hear the word except with reference to hard candy or candy canes

we use the word "sweets" instead, when we want a general word for what you guys call candy

Crystal said:

I know. I'm not thinking of waiting and then watching them all - I don't care that much about RWBY - so much as I am waiting for them to get onto Youtube.
    Tachyon said:

because "candy" literally doesn't encompass chocolate in British English, like if you were British and you referred to a chocolate bar as "candy" to another British person, they'd think that was just incorrect

outside imported TV and movies, we never even hear the word except with reference to hard candy or candy canes

we use the word "sweets" instead, when we want a general word for what you guys call candy

Huh. TIL.
  • edited 2015-11-06 18:43:42

Observation: when I say "candy" to a British person, they seem to think of, like, hard candies first.

Whereas if you say "candy" to an American they'll immediately think of chocolate.

Curious.
    This is because Brits have better taste.

#antichocolatebrigade
    Spoiler: The British love chocolate.
    Incidentally, "sweets", to me, connotes a broader category than "candy"...when you say "sweets" I'd think of that as encompassing most deserts, including cake, ice cream, etc. that I wouldn't call "candy"

Spoiler: The British love chocolate.

• Spoiler: The British love chocolate.

better taste...in candy. :P

(i'm being facetious, in case it wasn't clear)

Incidentally, "sweets", to me, connotes a broader category than "candy"...when you say "sweets" I'd think of that as encompassing most deserts, including cake, ice cream, etc. that I wouldn't call "candy"

i've heard the word used this way, but unless it were in a specific context like, idk, a restaurant menu, i wouldn't take "sweets" to encompass those things

i'd call those desserts, or in some cases puddings
    I don't doubt that British chocolate is better than American chocolate, at any rate.

'Course, that didn't stop me from spending all this week munching on bottom-of-the-barrel on-clearance-even-at-the-dollar-store Halloween candy.
  • edited 2015-11-06 18:50:37
    Crystal said:

Crystal said:

I know. I'm not thinking of waiting and then watching them all - I don't care that much about RWBY - so much as I am waiting for them to get onto Youtube.
    I'm surprised you'd rather it be on Youtube...I'm rarely given a choice but I'd rather have a way to watch stuff off of Youtube, on its own dedicated site, if possible.

Of course I'm speaking here from only my own personal priorities and preferences, and not making any conclusions on business sense vel sim.
    As an aside, I miss the days when "dollar store" literally meant "a store where all items are $1 or less."
  • frickle frackle I am definitely sick =~=

awww <:(

i hope you get well soon :)
    oh, i forgot, the other context where we use the word "candy" is with reference to "candy floss"

which you call "cotton candy", i believe
  • kill living beings

Curious.
    candy is flavored sugar

I don't doubt that British chocolate is better than American chocolate, at any rate.

in my experience, yes, but European chocolate is better than British chocolate i think
  • As an aside, I miss the days when "dollar store" literally meant "a store where all items are $1 or less."

The Dollar Tree though
    We have pound stores over here.
  • We have pound stores over here.

here we just call that a brothel
    . . . that was terrible Jane