• why would they pay for them
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    a joke like that isn't worth paying for
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    naney said:

why would they pay for them

to get the ugly watermarks off of them
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    That's way too much money to spend for a dumb joke. Jokes should be free.
    i went to look and holy shit Getty's iStock service doesn't let you do a la carte payment :/
  • Odradek said:
    That was a great article

Are you getting defensive over the prequels, are you seriously Tuckering right now

• That's way too much money to spend for a dumb joke. Jokes should be free.

Jokes are a service which should be exchanged for money

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

That's way too much money to spend for a dumb joke. Jokes should be free.

Jokes are a service which should be exchanged for money

We have that. It's called stand-up comedy. :P
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Kexruct said:

Odradek said:
    That was a great article

Are you getting defensive over the prequels, are you seriously Tuckering right now

The joke is the same as the Paul Blart memeification, or that Master's Cut of Master of Disguise.

It's investing more time and thought power into some stupid crappy piece of pop culture than is necessary, and making a fun joke out of it. The only reason some people act like it's different is they're still nursing grudges about George Lucas raping their childhood or whatever.
    I feel like people need to be able to treat the prequels the way they treat The Superfriends.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also, the idea that without the use of Jedi mind tricks it would be impossible for a senate to vote for something ruinous and stupid like ending the Republic — well, just look at our own Senate and how it handles things, no sinister Force use required.
    I don't get it. How can anyone be willing to take the Jar Jar theory seriously, but not to entertain the idea that our Congress is being mind-controlled by the Illuminati??
    I mean duh.

Wake up Sheeple
    also i guess the thread title is staying this way?
    Odradek said:

I feel like people need to be able to treat the prequels the way they treat The Superfriends.

Super Friends at least has the benefit of the ugly, beautiful glory of the '70s behind it
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Odradek said:

Die-hard Star Wars fans in general treat that franchise way too seriously, even by fandom standards.

also i guess the thread title is staying this way?

You should probably change it back if no one else is going to change it.
  • also i guess the thread title is staying this way?

Last night I changed it like five times and felt increasingly frustrated at each one before realizing I'd missed taking my meds

#yntkt
  • Kid wakes up on a pile of trash heaped in the sky.

Not a lot of rules left, since the Calamity, but I run him through the niceties here anyway.

One. We ain't got a lot of stuff left, so don't throw away more than you can spare.

Two. Ahh, forget two.

Three. Never try to eat anything bigger than your own head. That's what mommas used to tell their boys, before the Calamity happened.

When all's said and done, I give the kid his first mission. The kind of thing that would be called "world-shattering import", before the world actually got itself shattered. 

Maple. Syrup.
  • Kid makes a good point, even if our predecessor was guilty of the same offense.

But maybe that's what brought on...the Calamity.
    Trastion
  • Trastion

Kid makes a pun. A side-splitter.

She's come so far.
    rip octopodes
  • kill living beings
    cannot believe this anticephalopodism
  • Toolsie said:

Just had a student party with some people from the ground floor flat.

It was fucking awesome.

parties are good and im glad you had a good time :3
  • ion: i can't sleep
  • I have never found parties that fun but I am also glad that you had a good time.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I don't want to live to see 2025, when there are no physical books anymore, and people speak esperanto, and everyone has a 3d printer, and Stone and Parker are still breathing and giving me a reason to stay alive, and people can make it rain or not rain whenever you want.

• dude I can understand you on all of the other stuff but 3d printing is fucking awesome
    none of that will happen.
  • I'm gonna 3d print myself and take over the world with my army of Janes.
    There will still be physical books by 2025
  • lie to the liars
  • I can see everyone having a 3d printer in ten years, and Stone and Parker are in their 40s according to Wikipedia, so I can see them still breathing, but I don't see any of the rest happening by 2025. Especially not esperanto.

If nothing else, there's no way my books aren't coming with me wherever I am by then. Even if it's the grave.
    No one I know thinks Esperanto is worth taking seriously
  • kill living beings
    I would rate books as having a better chance of existing in 2025 than three dee printers
  • I wonder if there will still 8e new episodes of South Park in 2025. ::::o
  • I would rate books as having a better chance of existing in 2025 than three dee printers

This is also true. 

Maybe 3D printers are gonna turn out to be the Laserdisc version of something we don't even know about yet.
    (2015 self)
    And the  Kukla Fran and Ollie reboot will be amazing and it will compete with the Howdy Doody reboot and I'll simultaneously be too old and too young to understand it.

And instead of money, you will punch yourself in the arm a given number of times in order to get food, because we'll have machines to make food from nothing, and then our arms will fall off so we will have to say mean things about ourselves instead to get food.

And every kid will have a ipad-type thing.

And the united states will have split into three nations of west, middle, east, and Denver will be the capital of the west.

Also, Asia will still be full of evil terrible plants just waiting to come over here and get their nasty roots in my continent's innocent soils.

And there won't be any birds in the world because the cats ate them all.

And all the places that aren't national parks will be ruined and made into yoyo factories.

And we'll play go instead of chess, and I don't know how to play go!

Sorry for all the future spoilers, 2025 Rozzy is staying over for the week.
  • kill living beings
    go is pretty easy to learn, right up until you try to win
  • Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    Come on, 2015!

You're just jealous that 2025 likes me more.

2025 Jumpingzombie is a trillionaire, and says hi.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I think that maybe if you want to say something online maybe you address your statement at people first.
    Aliroz said:

And the  Kukla Fran and Ollie reboot will be amazing and it will compete with the Howdy Doody reboot and I'll simultaneously be too old and too young to understand it.

And instead of money, you will punch yourself in the arm a given number of times in order to get food, because we'll have machines to make food from nothing, and then our arms will fall off so we will have to say mean things about ourselves instead to get food.

And every kid will have a ipad-type thing.

And the united states will have split into three nations of west, middle, east, and Denver will be the capital of the west.

Also, Asia will still be full of evil terrible plants just waiting to come over here and get their nasty roots in my continent's innocent soils.

And there won't be any birds in the world because the cats ate them all.

And all the places that aren't national parks will be ruined and made into yoyo factories.

And we'll play go instead of chess, and I don't know how to play go!

Sorry for all the future spoilers, 2025 Rozzy is staying over for the week.
    However Spot dies, it won't be because anyone or anything ate her.
    (2015 self)
    Wait a minute, 2025 is messing with me, isn't it?
  • edited 2015-11-06 02:31:20
    Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    Gosh dang it!  You figured it out in less than an hour.  I owe 2025 Aliroz ten dollars! 

But not ten of MY dollars

-tackles current Aliroz-

(2015 self)
    -hands 2010liroz a copy of Fallout four-

Here, this should be worth a lot more than 10 dollars.
  • Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    Dangit, I wanted this "happy bird" game that you keep going on about.

-throws Fallout Four at Todd Howard-
    Crisis on Finite Rozzies
  • edited 2015-11-06 02:37:50
    Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    Myrmidon!

-glomps-

Did you ever buy that copy of Action Philosophers that you talked about?