The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• There's an incredibly cute cat running around my apartment.
  • Does Dusty know about this?
  • I'd ask her but she's too busy being incredibly cute and running around my apartment.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know what's always been a source of annoyance? Clothes take longer to dry in a dryer than to wash in a washer.

Not a big deal, until you want to do a bunch of loads of laundry back-to-back, which happens a lot in a house with 5 people. The drying time becomes the limiting factor in how quickly you can get through it all.
  • You know what's always been a source of annoyance? Clothes take longer to dry in a dryer than to wash in a washer.

Not a big deal, until you want to do a bunch of loads of laundry back-to-back, which happens a lot in a house with 5 people. The drying time becomes the limiting factor in how quickly you can get through it all.
    you can get them mostly dry then drape them over things in your room

apparently this game was terrible even for its time but look at that cover
  • Tucker said:

“It’s all a dream” “they’re all inmates in an asylum” “Shepard was indoctrinated the whole time” wanky bullshit theories are a way of benefitting from your engagement with a work and taking it at face value while simultaneously trying to posture yourself as “above” it.

Ok but what about this "They're all indoctrinated inmates in a dream asylum!"

#Mindblowing secrets. 
  • tfw u show Big Brother winner Dan Gheesling what a Diglett is

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Diglett
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Digletts are cute.
  • Twitter is weird cuz it lets you interact with people who like, have Wikipedia articles.
    I am sure someone famous called me a dick at some point
  • Dan Gheesling is nice!

He won a season of Big Brother and wrote four books.

Also he has a Youtube channel.
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-10-02 02:05:23
    Re: Twitter people with Wikipedia articles: for some reason Godfrey follows me. Like, the Verified mark's on the account and everything. I have a feeling that's more his marketing team's doing than the man himself, but yeah.

Murmel from Black Pants follows me too, which is rad as hell, and the official Twitter for the team itself RT'd me once and has favorited my fanboying tweets on multiple occasions.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The claimed merit for this incursion on our freedom of password, that of enhancing security, is totally bogus. Why don't you, instead of merely being imperious and commanding that it be done, explain with rational reasoning why suddenly changing everybody's password enhances security? The answer probably is that you can't! The reason is that it makes no sense, unless what has happened is that the security of the system has been totally undermined by some failures of the computing services department and you have had everybody's password stolen by hackers. 

My new password is going to be no more secure than my five year old password because it is either known, or becomes known, to unauthorised persons or it is not known. Its age has no effect whatever. Therefore I protest at this unecessary peremptory demand which has no merit whatever. Of course anyone foolish enough to have fallen for the recent spate of phishing emails needs to change their password but that does not require the rest of the <<school>> world to do likewise. If you can convince me otherwise then I will apologise but you will have to have genuine reasons and not just a bald statement that it is in fact the case.

• kill living beings
    is this a joke
    painful
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

The claimed merit for this incursion on our freedom of password, that of enhancing security, is totally bogus. Why don't you, instead of merely being imperious and commanding that it be done, explain with rational reasoning why suddenly changing everybody's password enhances security? The answer probably is that you can't! The reason is that it makes no sense, unless what has happened is that the security of the system has been totally undermined by some failures of the computing services department and you have had everybody's password stolen by hackers. 

My new password is going to be no more secure than my five year old password because it is either known, or becomes known, to unauthorised persons or it is not known. Its age has no effect whatever. Therefore I protest at this unecessary peremptory demand which has no merit whatever. Of course anyone foolish enough to have fallen for the recent spate of phishing emails needs to change their password but that does not require the rest of the <<school>> world to do likewise. If you can convince me otherwise then I will apologise but you will have to have genuine reasons and not just a bald statement that it is in fact the case.

"change your password or we lock you out of your account. Walls of text will get you nowhere."
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    There’s an ancient Malay woman in a wheelchair in this pharmacy and she’s moaning in pain as lowkey as she can and its the worst thing I’ve ever heard.
    MachSpeed said:

There’s an ancient Malay woman in a wheelchair in this pharmacy and she’s moaning in pain as lowkey as she can and its the worst thing I’ve ever heard.

That sounds surreal
  • Dominick fernow would actually probably make a good halloween costume
  • I think my iPod touch needs replacing soon. It's more cracks then actual screen. Whoops.
  • Train I was meant to get was a single carriage that was full. Hour wait for the next one unless I decide to go a different route and get a train that give me motion sickness. Fuck.
  • Platform is packed and my train is delayed. May say fucking it and get an evening train home.
  • Survived the motion sickness inducing train. The scenery was nice. I think. I wasn't sat near a window and the train was wobbling a bit.

Tried drinking water but the water tasted like blood.
  • Made it to Sheffield. At least the weather is nice. A cloudless blue sky and temperatures in the teens.
  • yeah wtf is up with it being so warm and sunny today
  • its literally nicer outside now than it was for p much all of august
  • kill living beings
    plot
  • kill living beings
    wearing shorts to lab because it's sunny #yolo #you only drop hydrochloric acid on your bare legs once
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    A Planar Shepherd walks into a bar.
    A Planar Shepherd walks out of a bar.
    A Cleric walks into a bar.
  • I had to google that to get it.

Planar Shepherd is kinda nuts, huh
    TL;DR my previous post from a month ago has taken on a life of its own on the internet, girlfriend's friends showed it to her and she ended up being more amused than upset with me. I was overreacting in that post and am happy to say that Slavoj Zizek is no longer interfering with our relationship.
  • edited 2015-10-02 16:34:03
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Are there any other current or future engineers in the heap? I know there's me and Crystal...
    Haven said:

I had to google that to get it.

Planar Shepherd is kinda nuts, huh

Just a little.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Here! For the moment. Sitting next to the boo. :3

Also, although I am tempted to ask for a name change, my current one is plenty Hallowe'en-y.
  • Sredni

there's too much rain

i feel envy at you just because you have a warm person. that's how much rain

oh dear, my fingers are too cold to type
  • kill living beings
    I dunno, central, maybe
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I decided to make an exception and join in the Halloween festivities.
    I have chocolate cookies filled with hazelnut praline and oh god they're so good.
  • kill living beings
    changed her hair to blonde. who would have thought
    You know what I never understood in SimCity 4?

The game treats "private schools" as city buildings. How does that work, exactly?
    rayman said:

changed her hair to blonde. who would have thought

Oh hush it, darn dweeb.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Welcome to Hell
    Amusingly I was half-considering going with Junko, though Hecatia won out just barely.