The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Odradek said:

There is a place called Chagrin Falls Ohio.

I know, because someone from there just tried calling me, and then presumably stopped because they had the wrong number or something.
    I think people only know of Chagrin Falls because Bill Watterson lived there.
    The back cover of The Essential Calvin and Hobbes is a watercolor of Calvin as a giant destroying an accurate representation of Chagrin Falls' central business district.

I always thought that was neat.
    I never knew that. That's very cool.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    why do you keep posting Compu-Toons
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    to make us suffer
    What is it about goons that causes them to never cease jacking off about how much better RLM is than any other nerd show
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Bad taste?

I would much rather watch Folding Ideas or Brows Held High, personally. RLM guy's schtick ruins his better points.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

What is it about goons that causes them to never cease jacking off about how much better RLM is than any other nerd show

It is the fact that RLM has hostages.  Baby sisters, long-lost friends who aren't actually dead.  Lost puppies who actually went to a nice family farm somewhere.

RLM just wants to see the goons grovel.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    You are literally the only goon I've ever seen who talks about RLM.

The internet critic cannot go two posts without doing so.
    (2015 self)
    Hey, it might be that Odra goes to the SA equivalent of the Reddit places I keep running into.

THe places where the bastards celebrate the deaths of Packer, Perry, and Scott.

The places I don't even mention on this site, but I lash out at you guys instead of getting a Reddit account and lashing out at them.
  • Odradek said:

"the internet critic" is the worst moniker of all time
    internet critic thread
    naney said:

Odradek said:

"the internet critic" is the worst moniker of all time
    The Blockbuster Buster
    Aliroz said:

Hey, it might be that Odra goes to the SA equivalent of the Reddit places I keep running into.

THe places where the bastards celebrate the deaths of Packer, Perry, and Scott.

The places I don't even mention on this site, but I lash out at you guys instead of getting a Reddit account and lashing out at them.

Please don't go to /r/atheism
    (2015 self)
    I'm glad you guys don't have to feel these things, but gosh darn it if it doesn't hurt.
  • Odradek said:

internet critic thread

this is the worst concept for a thread of all time

• edited 2015-10-01 02:51:23
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Odra, I'll redouble my efforts to stop going to such places if you do the same for the things that are hurting you.

Just like how I've promised to drink milk so long as Yarrun remembers to actually sleep.

I'm not sure I can do it.  But I think we can do it together.
    We feel these things about other things. And generally, we avoid those things which make us angry like that.
    Unruly beings are as unlimited as space;
    They cannot possibly all be overcome, 
    But if I overcome thoughts of anger alone 
    This will be equivalent to vanquishing all foes. 
    Where would I possibly find enough leather 
    With which to cover the surface of the earth?
    But wearing leather just on the soles of my shoes 
    Is equivalent to covering the earth with it…. 
  • edited 2015-10-01 03:11:16
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

Odradek said:

internet critic thread

this is the worst concept for a thread of all time

I could probably pull out about a dozen threads or so at SA alone that have worse concepts.
    ...I just realised that Al semi-cursed earlier.

Angry croc was angry.
    That is how I used to be. It is a good model. I wish I were still so restrained.
  • aaagghhh too excited cant sleeep!!
    Sleep is a weapon of the bourgeoisie.
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-10-01 04:46:06

That is how I used to be. It is a good model. I wish I were still so restrained.

Fun fact: I tried my hardest to keep myself from swearing on the internet for a really long time (like, easily from before my 2009-10 Tumblr and TVT days to about 2012 or so), before realizing that there wasn't much consequence in doing so.

Even then, up until last year (or maybe a bit before that) I avoided saying 'fuck'.

Nowadays my filter's kind of gone awry due to high school and college, but I don't think I take it to the point of outright obscenity too often.
  • I just ate two mini bagels I want like a whole pizza of maybe some garlic toast
    Prestige classes make me sad. So many with great flavour, but actively detrimental to take. Like Acolyte of the Skin, or Ocular Adept.
  • the good thing is that you're playing a pen and paper rpg so if everyone is at about the same power level things will work out

like, you don't wanna go be an acolyte of the skin when the other party members are a druid and some kobold with wonky draconic feat shenanigans, but otherwise

the only place where this breaks down is if you want to be a truenamer because nobody else can stoop that low
  • party loadout: adept, truenamer, another adept, and Steve Buscemi as Adam Sandler's father.
    You are still awake, too? What is this madness.
  • honey how about instead of engaging in more lewd activities when I am at your place we watch The Cobbler starring Adam Sandler
    naney said:

the good thing is that you're playing a pen and paper rpg so if everyone is at about the same power level things will work out

like, you don't wanna go be an acolyte of the skin when the other party members are a druid and some kobold with wonky draconic feat shenanigans, but otherwise

the only place where this breaks down is if you want to be a truenamer because nobody else can stoop that low

You see, that's the problem. Some prestige classes are so bad that they lower your power level. Take AotS again. It's a PrC designed for casters, except it doesn't give you anything close to good enough to make up for the fact that you're losing 5 caster levels.
  • in other news I read the new 5e rulebook while I was half-asleep last night and I just now realized that like somehow the new warlock does spells and invocations? that sounds like a bit of a mess
  • I'm still really sad about that one dnd campaign I had going on in high school which was really cool but then the DM went and joined the ROTC

he was a weird dude because he was chill as fuck and listened to Korn a lot, which aren't things you think of as overlapping you know?
  • edited 2015-10-01 05:13:42
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    At least AotS (and most PrCs, really) is pretty easy to homerule, even if say, giving it full casting would put it a little on the strong side. (Not that you should be really worrying about that if you have sorcerers or whatever in your game in the first place.)

Truenamer on the other hand needs entire rewrites to work properly.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Return of the Crabs
  • Reserve Officers' Training Corps

At least AotS (and most PrCs, really) is pretty easy to homerule, even if say, giving it full casting would put it a little on the strong side. (Not that you should be really worrying about that if you have sorcerers or whatever in your game in the first place.)

Truenamer on the other hand needs entire rewrites to work properly.

Which is a shame, because the basic concept of Truenaming as a magical method is genuinely interesting.
  • edited 2015-10-01 05:21:56

I've thought about running campaigns with no traditional magic classes before, just a handful of alternate ones

like, a setting with only truenamers and artificers and warlocks w/ NPC adepts feels pretty different from the traditional dnd setting right out the gate

but I'd have to think about getting all those things to balance nicely and its a headache
  • edited 2015-10-01 05:30:32
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I could help with that! But then having two sorta-DMs would complicate things.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
  • kill living beings
    i hate debugging
  • page 6666 approaches
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Truenamers are cool in concept but they absolutely do not fit in DnD at all.

The only types of mystic types that do well in DnD are those that have power over physical matter or the shallow, surface mental elements.