• My dreams exceed my real life
    “Lagoon” GamePro, March 1992 (#32)Scanned by Phillyman, via RetroMags

This actually makes me want to play this game
  • edited 2015-07-12 18:09:28
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^^ Well that's a stupid picture.

Propaganda is gross.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    The monster art on the other one is cool, though.
  • Vriska said:

My cat is  8eing way too cat.

She had the audacity to meow at me.

dustyyyyyyyy
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I'm tired.
  • MachSpeed said:

I'm tired.

braggin
  • kittens aw
  • Bored

Not sure what to do

Help
  • i met a cat today, on my cycle ride
  • she was grey and very friendly
    “Croc: Legend of the Gobbos - ‘Competition’”GamePro, November 1997 (#100)Scanned by Phillyman, via RetroMagsHuh. Guess crocodiles aren’t phased by silicone ingestion… but don’t quote me on that.
    “Q*Bert” [PS1]Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine, April 2000
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tools said:

Bored

Not sure what to do

Help

Sims torture?
    Odradek said:

“Croc: Legend of the Gobbos - ‘Competition’”GamePro, November 1997 (#100)Scanned by Phillyman, via RetroMagsHuh. Guess crocodiles aren’t phased by silicone ingestion… but don’t quote me on that.

edgy

Rare were also fond of that kind of jab at other franchises . . . i'm reminded the dustbin labelled 'no hopers' in Donkey Kong Country 2, with Sonic's shoes and Earthworm Jim's gun next to it.
    “Animorphs”GamePro, December 2000 (#147)Holy flip-page-animating-alien-fights, it’s ‘Animorphs’! Pace yourselves, '90s kids! Just do what everybody else is doing: laughing at the fact that this is a blatant Pokemon ripoff. Or just keep thinking of Katy Perry.
    of course Rare also poked fun at themselves, like the Banjo and Kazooie hunting trophies in Conker

and the dustbin full of copies of Grabbed by the Ghoulies in BK Nuts & Bolts
    FARRAR STRAUS GIROUX

NEW YORK

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    cute pregnant women

There is literally a dangerous animal in their backyard, and Mark just starts rambling about Sun Bears
    Suddenly I'm nostalgic for December when I flew out to Denver to be with Anonus

It was the first time I'd traveled by plane and it was, well, novel to me
    Odradek said:

There is literally a dangerous animal in their backyard, and Mark just starts rambling about Sun Bears
    these days he'd start filming

Personally I find airport secuity more tedious than anything else

There's so many pointless little steps like taking off your shoes, taking the toothpaste out of your bag, etc. and when you're traveling in the winter and you're wearing 2 layers of outerwear to remove it's really annoying

Mind you, I have it relatively easy because my skin isn't dark enough to get "randomly selected" for more invasvie searches

Mark does this kind of thing to avoid telling his wife he wants a divorce
  • re: awkward platformer magazine ads

Rayman 3 went in for a surprising amount of adult humour

like the masochistic rodents, and the blatant dick joke with the anteater in the 'wanna kick Rayman' vids
    also the movie role Murfy wanted, where he'd be cast as 'a tormented artist who falls for a girl with great big . . . er, eyes.'
    Ya know i kinda get Mark, i know exactly how it is when you're really into something and you just learned some cool facts about it and you have to tell someone, but nobody around is interested.

He should definitely be more considerate towards his wife's phobia, though.
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-07-12 19:33:09
    Tachyon said:

Rayman 3 went in for a surprising amount of adult humour

like the masochistic rodents, and the blatant dick joke with the anteater in the 'wanna kick Rayman' vids

part of the reason I liked it as much as I did was the fact that it gave the series an edge it lacked before (and, per Michel Ancel's requests, hasn't had since)

makes it fairly unique within the series as a whole
    it certainly felt a lot . . . 'hipper', i suppose, and less whimsical than Rayman 2.  More verbal humour, more parodies.

Although Rayman 2 did have a sense of humour, it just wasn't so on the nose.  The zombie chickens stand out (although they kinda scared me as a kid >_>), as well as the sales pitch for the Grolgoth.
    i liked how in Rayman 3 the Land of the Livid Dead was a very serene, peaceful place, and the dead there were allies and only 'livid' because of the hoodlums everywhere.  It was a nice subversion of your expectations before visiting the place.

Whereas in Origins they just went straight into the kind of cliché Rayman 3 was presumably poking fun at, and the Land of the Livid Dead was a scary cave with zombies in it, more similar to the Cave of Bad Dreams from Rayman 2.
  • quick everyone lets wait until yarrun is gone again and then have a kickin rad conversation about big knives
    I'm the only person left on the internet who installs a third-party firewall (in my case, Comodo) instead of just using Windows Firewall, aren't I?
  • Tachyon said:

They can be entertaining.

i like when they react to games, because most of them are not gamers.  With so many dedicated LPers out there, it's kind of novel to see a video of people struggling with basic controls and getting surprised by aspects of games that are fairly commonplace.

Sometimes that can be interesting.  Like it was kinda cool to see how teens reacted to the end of P.T. - they most of them didn't know what Silent Hill was and none of them showed any recognition of the names Hideo Kojima or Guillermo del Toro, but they got super excited that The Walking Dead guy was in it.

To me that kind of showed what a shrewd bit of marketing that demo was, how it was calculated to get lots of people, with hugely diverse interests, hype for the game, even non-gamers.

the thing I don't like about those videos is how most of the people seem to watch them in order to rage at those very reactions

how dare an 8 year old child not know what an original Gameboy is
  • really it's unfair of me since that's not on the creators of the videos themselves

Tachyon said:

They can be entertaining.

i like when they react to games, because most of them are not gamers.  With so many dedicated LPers out there, it's kind of novel to see a video of people struggling with basic controls and getting surprised by aspects of games that are fairly commonplace.

Sometimes that can be interesting.  Like it was kinda cool to see how teens reacted to the end of P.T. - they most of them didn't know what Silent Hill was and none of them showed any recognition of the names Hideo Kojima or Guillermo del Toro, but they got super excited that The Walking Dead guy was in it.

To me that kind of showed what a shrewd bit of marketing that demo was, how it was calculated to get lots of people, with hugely diverse interests, hype for the game, even non-gamers.

the thing I don't like about those videos is how most of the people seem to watch them in order to rage at those very reactions

how dare an 8 year old child not know what an original Gameboy is
    Someone should force those dudes to operate a zoetrope
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Elders React to Swans
  • elders react to Peter Sotos
  • now that is a pagetopper right there
    naney said:

elders react to Peter Sotos

*this is some garbage, and it's being printed by a holocaust denier*
    SOMEbody once told me the world was gonna roll me

i ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
  • Odradek said:

Well, it's not like he can help it. Bears are not bound by natural laws and their paws cannot be forced. Might as well make some light conversation.
  • SOMEbody once told me the world was gonna roll me

i ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
    DAH DA DU DU WAH

• I put the genocide in my mouth but I don't confirm it because it's a metaphor
  • Elders React to Swans

i was told a few nights ago "you look like the kind of guy who would know about swans"

still not sure if that was an insult or a compliment
  • I'm still not that big on swans albums that aren't filth