The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    the amount of mad in that post is ridiculous

don't shoehorn your fan whatever to fit with real world things people might actually care about
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    My cousin has her gall bladder removal today.

here's hoping it goes well.
  • Kexruct said:

All of GG's steps to creating better ethics are a mix of nonsensical, malicious, and misdirected.

This.
    Kexruct said:

Just *wanting* a good thing doesn't justify that, nor does it hold any real moral weight at all.

They're really just like tea-partiers.

Tea-partiers regularly believe that nothing bad can come of good intentions.  (Only on the part of their side, of course.  The other side never actually has good intentions, and if they say they do, they're lying through their teeth.)
  • i think that stopping with all the soda is leading to further weight loss

this is kinda wild
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Granted, positioning your bike so the wheels are perpendicular to the rails would require going out into the full travel lane for a bit, so unless there's a nice big break in traffic it might just be easier to dismount and walk the bike over the crossing.
    Grener Alicorn Computer Supply is a computer sales and service store in a strip mall on Queen City's west side

Why Alicorn bought such a small store is anybody's guess, but it's currently the only retail outlet they own/operate
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    now finished SU season 1
    Tachyon said:

now finished SU season 1

What did you think of Garnet being a fusion?

Is it just me, or does the piano part at 4:20 sound like the chorus to "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys?

Tachyon said:

now finished SU season 1

What did you think of Garnet being a fusion?
    Spoiler:
    Well, i already knew the show had "secret lesbians the whole time", and since Garnet was the only character with 2 gems instead of 1, i was already kind of expecting it.  The 3rd eye was also suggestive.

That was a good episode, and i think kind of a brave move by the show to reveal that one character had actually been 2 all along.  i'm interested to see where they go with this from here.

Ah, I had it spoiled for me too. I still enoyed the reveal a lot, though, especially that song.
  • edited 2015-06-17 18:26:44
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    It was a good song.

i'd been looking forward to Garnet getting a song, given who voices her.
  • "Stronger Than You" is Estelle's best song since "American Boy"

I just wish the Peridot remix was official because it's so bad-good.
  • i cant decide whether to go out or not tonight

it would probably be to the shitty student union nightclub and i have no money but i kinda want2
  • listen to trap music and dance in your room
  • that is more or less what ive been doing all day
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I actually really don't like 'American Boy.'
  • MachSpeed said:

I actually really don't like 'American Boy.'

what is wrong with you
  • edited 2015-06-17 18:48:51
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    A lot of things. This is not news.

I guess I don't like the hook? Although actually now that I'm listening to it, I do like the bit with Kanye. And Estelle's voice is all gentle and smooth and makes me want to cry and that's all great but I still don't like the hook.
  • i decided not to bcos of the beer fest on friday, which i extremely want to go to, and which will probably take up the rest of my near-zero amount of money
  • MachSpeed said:

A lot of things. This is not news.

I guess I don't like the hook? Although actually now that I'm listening to it, I do like the bit with Kanye. And Estelle's voice is all gentle and smooth and makes me want to cry and that's all great but I still don't like the hook.
    but it has so many peaks and valleys!

take me to New York I'd love to SEE L.A.

I REALLY WANT TO gokickitwithyou

you'llbemyAMERICAN BOY

American Boy
    "take me to new york i'd love to see la" is funny though

i mean i know what she meant but it sounds like she's really geographically confused

i think everyone already made that joke
    SlateStarCodex is the most Quisling blog on the internet.
    was it always that bad, or did it get worse?

i remember thinking they seemed ok for a lesswrong type, a while back
    Tachyon said:

was it always that bad, or did it get worse?

i remember thinking they seemed ok for a lesswrong type, a while back

You slowly come to realize Slate Star Codex guy has no ethical feelings at all, just a vague collection of group loyalties and a sense of self preservation

• The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts
    Using the scroll on my touchpad seems to shut down the entire touchpad for a few seconds

At least my laptop is actually starting up now, so already this is an improvement on yesterday
    It's hard to say this  without sounding like I'm falling victim to retquality, but Jerry Seinfeld was the least interesting part of Seinfeld.

All of the other actors were better, as both characters and actors.
    "I like this idea that "the early 1970s" is a hopelessly antediluvian era because of the huge advances in atheism technology since then. People reading science fiction in 1975 might have been willing to pay attention to the idea that people have self-awareness, inner lives, introspection and so forth, but that was 40 years ago - a huge span of time in the history of philosophy - and so their ideas can't be expected to have any relevance or meaning to a modern audience."
    My cousin's surgery was successful, but it took longer and she needs better drugs because the gallbladder was wrapped around the liver.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Panurge said:

"I like this idea that "the early 1970s" is a hopelessly antediluvian era because of the huge advances in atheism technology since then. People reading science fiction in 1975 might have been willing to pay attention to the idea that people have self-awareness, inner lives, introspection and so forth, but that was 40 years ago - a huge span of time in the history of philosophy - and so their ideas can't be expected to have any relevance or meaning to a modern audience."

who the hell said this
  • wtf is atheism technology
    Panurge said:

who the hell said this

http://www.reddit.com/r/badphilosophy/comments/3a3gkq/ratheism_and_salon_dont_have_a_brain_the_category/
    I knew it would be reddit

I knew it would be reddit

It's sarcastic.
    I knew it would be sarcastic
    Pearl is still my favorite, but I have to say, Amethyst has really grown on me.
  • I am now In Pennsylvania(tm)
    Kexruct said:

I am now In Pennsylvania(tm)

I am truly sorry.
    Kexruct said:

You're now only one state away from Central Avenue, instead of two states away!
    Panurge said:

Kexruct said:

I am truly sorry.

• man pennsylvania was a lot of fun when i was there
    yes but then you left and it became terrible again
  • it can't be that terrible, it's got WPVI
    Can the next poster even HANDLE my level of Princesshood?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    barely

it can't be that terrible, it's got WPVI

I love the way you think