The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Credo In Us but the radio is replaced by an extended remix of the mortal kombat theme
  • -wonders if pretending to build a house of cards is an appropriate response to showing how little I care for the current state of things-

-also worries about whether I should expand the base a bit at the risk of toppling the whole thing over-
  • My dreams exceed my real life

-wonders if pretending to build a house of cards is an appropriate response to showing how little I care for the current state of things-

-also worries about whether I should expand the base a bit at the risk of toppling the whole thing over-
    Kevin Spacey
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Look, I hate. Hate. Korra. At any particular time, if you mention Korra and I'm around, I will go and say; "Korra sucks."

Does that mean that you can't like Korra? No. It just means that any mention of Korra will cause me to complain about it.
  • also the classical bit at the beginning is swapped out for that Skrillex song that he did for that one mortal kombat game
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    but seriously, most people don't know anything about game devs or who worked on what

there are plenty of people who play video games and have no idea who hideo kojima or shigeru miyamoto or will wright are
  • edited 2015-06-17 00:45:08
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Okay, I will abstain from continuing this on my own.

Here is something that is better than Todd, Jurassic World, and David Cage

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Tachyon said:but seriously, most people don't know anything about game devs or who worked on what

there are plenty of people who play video games and have no idea who hideo kojima or shigeru miyamoto or will wright are

actually, i think if people were pre-emptively ready to shit on
    heavy rain, it was from a hatred of quick-time events
  • Williams Mix assembled from the silent hill soundtrack
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This has been an odd shift.

There's been some sort of computer problem resulting in three different truck drivers coming to pick up shipments our shipping office was never notified to load. And now that the drivers are here, our office still can't find out what product is actually supposed to be on those trailers.
  • Panurge said:

like fuck the genetically modified dinosaur, fuck the ridiculous raptor military plan guy

that character--Owen I think--was by far the least enjoyable thing in the film. Even the misogyny was more tolerable.
    You are not Todd.
    no my opinions on music are informed by something other than a vague nostalgia for an age I was not even alive for.
    This seems to be a bit of a stretch. I really don't see the basis for the "Todd is a rockist" thing. Like, at all.
  • you know ive really come around on limp bizkit
  • you see they get it on, every day and every night
    Kexruct said:

Panurge said:

like fuck the genetically modified dinosaur, fuck the ridiculous raptor military plan guy

that character--Owen I think--was by far the least enjoyable thing in the film. Even the misogyny was more tolerable.
    You are not Todd.
    no my opinions on music are informed by something other than a vague nostalgia for an age I was not even alive for.
    This seems to be a bit of a stretch. I really don't see the basis for the "Todd is a rockist" thing. Like, at all.
    It's the only way a human being can enjoy Sweater Weather
  • so you better get some better beats and get some better rhymes
    Panurge said:

Okay, I will abstain from continuing this on my own.

Here is something that is better than Todd, Jurassic World, and David Cage

• Kexruct said:

Panurge said:

You are not Todd.
    he's not a rockist in the sense that he thinks the only good band in the world is Led Zeppelin

but he pretty clearly has no respect for huge swathes of music. And that would be fine, if those weren't largely the same swathes he was reviewing.

Largely I just don't understand the "I hate this with every fiber of my being and must explain in as thorough detail as possible why" school of online criticism.

Granted even if none of that were true, I still wouldn't watch Todd just because I think video reviews for music are kind of silly.

Unless you're Big Quint

then you're doing God's work.
    naney said:

you know ive really come around on limp bizkit

yes i am in fact obligated to post this every time limp bizkit comes up in conversation
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I like 'Sweater Weather'.

Granted, I like the version where 'Sweater Weather' is a French pop song, but I still like it okay.
  • this dude is wearing what looks like a shirt advertizing a generic FPS but it appears that the shooty man has a sheep head
    'Météo Chandail', according to Google Translate.
    naney said:

this dude is wearing what looks like a shirt advertizing a generic FPS but it appears that the shooty man has a sheep head

Is it Hotline Miami?
  • DJ Mathematics did some beats for Limp Bizkit's first album so they can't be all bad.

Then again one of the guys in the wider Wu Tang Clan also cut off his own dick so idk.
    I like 'Sweater Weather'.

Granted, I like the version where 'Sweater Weather' is a French pop song, but I still like it okay.

This is my favorite French pop song, and video of a French pop song.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Let's have a much more pleasant conversation

Like laughing at unstable teenagers who post in the "#actuallydivine" tag
  • why do i even post here

why am i on the fucking internet at all.holy shit
  • Kexruct said:

Panurge said:

You are not Todd.
    he's not a rockist in the sense that he thinks the only good band in the world is Led Zeppelin

but he pretty clearly has no respect for huge swathes of music. And that would be fine, if those weren't largely the same swathes he was reviewing.

Largely I just don't understand the "I hate this with every fiber of my being and must explain in as thorough detail as possible why" school of online criticism.

Granted even if none of that were true, I still wouldn't watch Todd just because I think video reviews for music are kind of silly.

Unless you're Big Quint

then you're doing God's work.
    I really don't agree with that assessment either. He does his show out of a self professed love for pop music, and he never seems to target any particular genre. I think his issue is that he goes at criticism from a weird angle that doesn't always fit the music he's reviewing, but the only genre he seems to have any distaste for is pop EDM, which he admits is shortsighted.
  • Let's have a much more pleasant conversation

Like laughing at unstable teenagers who post in the "#actuallydivine" tag

no that would make me feel bad both about myself for being so cruel and for the teenagers in question who almost certainly have wider life problems that they are--likely futilely--trying to escape by pretending to be deities on the internet.

we could talk about like

this Blur album.
    naney said:

why do i even post here

oh fuck i pissed you off

i wasn't being serious, if that helps
    Blur are good!

which Blur album?
  • Blur are good!

which Blur album?
    the one from the music club thread uh

13 it is called.
    i read CA's post as 'this conversation is extremely unpleasant'
    13 is

probably the best blur album, i think

i really like Tender

You see me now a veteran of the Chomksy/Zizek wars I've been living on the edge so long Where the winds of limbo roar And I'm young enough to look at And far too old to see All the scars are on the inside I'm not sure if there's anything left of me

Don't let these shakes go on It's time we had a break from it It's time we had some leave We've been living in the flames We've been eating up our brains Oh, please don't let theses shakes go on

You ask me why I'm weary, why I can't speak to you You blame me for my silence Say it's time I changed and grew But the war's still going on dear And there's no end that I know And I can't say if we're ever... I can't say if we're ever gonna to be free

Don't let these shakes go on It's time we had a break from it It's time we had some leave We've been living in the flames We've been eating out our brains Oh, please don't let theses shakes go on

You see me now a veteran of the Chomksy/Zizek wars My energy's spent at last And my armor is destroyed I have used up all my weapons and I'm helpless and bereaved Wounds are all I'm made of Did I hear you say that this is victory?

Don't let these shakes go on It's time we had a break from it Send me to the rear Where the tides of madness swell And been sliding into hell Oh, please don't let shakes go on Don't let these shakes go on Don't let these shakes go on

• edited 2015-06-17 01:04:45
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Yes, I would much rather talk about 13 than what is currently going on here.

Speaking of which...
    naney said:

why do i even post here

*hugs*
  • Tachyon said:

my response was not entirely serious either
    Tachyon said:

13 is

probably the best blur album, i think

i really like Tender

it's oddly pastoral in places

i don't really know what to make of it though, this is music that's very far outside my wheelhouse.
    boy that donald trump guy sure is wacky
    my uni's resident Lacanian theory expert, when i asked him about Zizek, said "be wary of old Slavoj"
    Tachyon said:

that was the gist of it yeah
    Tachyon said:

my uni's resident Lacanian theory expert, when i asked him about Zizek, said "be wary of old Slavoj"

the slovenian
  • Tachyon said:

that's like something you'd say if you were the mentor to the hero and you were referring to a necromancer.
    "pastoral" is not a word i ever heard applied to music

it's a good word for Tender, though

13 was a very diverse album . . . i think at that point they had really moved away from the whole britpop thing and were becoming quite adventurous
  • my understanding is that this album blends a lot of different subgenres of rock n' roll but I'm having a hard time telling those subgenres apart.

Keep in mind mind you that my favorite rock band is probably Santana, who I own only two albums by.
  • So

Fallout 4 is going the ME route of giving the player voice acting.

The modders are going to have a hell of a time with that.
    Calica said:

Tachyon said:

the slovenian
    Link doesn't work.
  • there's a weird wah-wah sound in BLUREMI that I dig.

and then it fades out into like spacey blips which I also dig.

my understanding is that this album blends a lot of different subgenres of rock n' roll but I'm having a hard time telling those subgenres apart.

Keep in mind mind you that my favorite rock band is probably Santana, who I own only two albums by.
    there's definitely some genre blending going on yeah

more than that though i think they were just playing with sounds and space a lot
    my understanding is that this album blends a lot of different subgenres of rock n' roll but I'm having a hard time telling those subgenres apart.

• my understanding is that this album blends a lot of different subgenres of rock n' roll but I'm having a hard time telling those subgenres apart.

there's definitely some genre blending going on yeah

more than that though i think they were just playing with sounds and space a lot
    I can hear that.

An issue I have with a lot of rock records--and it's sort of true here too though not as much--is that the guitar is so central and so dominant that for someone like me who primarily hears based on sound texture and has trouble distinguishing different lines of the same instrument that they often sound rather samey. Not to mention I'm eh on the timbre of guitars in the first place, it's like my seventh favorite instrument.

Here, they're doing an alright job of providing different timbres to mix things up. Which I really appreciate.

The rhythm is kinda weak tho, but that's true for a lot of rock bands.