The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Yarrun overwalked, but he got it
  • im watching Hulu and there's an ad for Family Guy

wow this show rlly looks like it was made in GoAnimate
    what is GoAnimate
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

what is GoAnimate

you are grounded grounded grounded grounded grounded
  • thought you were aloft

guess what, you're not

(you are grounded, grounded grounded)
    there's a joke here I am not getting

sadcow
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    look up grounded on youtube and you'll probably find what i'm talking about
  • there's a joke here I am not getting

sadcow

ah.
  • naney said:

im watching Hulu and there's an ad for Family Guy

It has better moments in terms of animation.

That's the most that I'll vouch for.
  • oh gosh that video is hilarious

it's actually better than flash poops

also i made a reference to "you are dead, dead dead, you are dead, dead dead" which is the game over song from Total Distortion
  • if The Great Mighty Poo's aria is a bowel movement

then is the script of Meet the Sniper a urinary tract?
  • edited 2015-03-02 22:25:15
    BEWARE OF GRRL!
    naney said:

im watching Hulu and there's an ad for Family Guy

the animation in the pre-Zombie episodes looks handmade, but lacking in finesse

Zombie FG's stiff animation (in my view, without the writing, vocal performances, or design really backing it up) makes the whole ZOMG HANNAH BARBARA LIMITED ANIMATION BAD thing even more agitating to me
  • is it weird that i'm not offended by limited animation as a concept

similarly i'm not offended by the use of CG
  • edited 2015-03-03 00:42:03
    BEWARE OF GRRL!

is it weird that i'm not offended by limited animation as a concept

similarly i'm not offended by the use of CG

I'm not offended by limited animation as a concept, it's the way it's used that matters.

H-B was able to, in its early years, wring some good use out of it (its early staff was comprised mostly of former MGM animation talent; the reason H-B existed in the first place was as a landing spot after MGM shut down its animation department), but as the years went on, the studio's assembly line speeded up, newer, less experienced talent entered the studio, and they ended up shipping the actual animation work offshore, so people crap on limited animation and H-B in general thinking their whole existence was the nadir (there were people within the industry at first who thought H-B was making dross, but in my view that stuff has redeeming value and, welp, they hadn't seen NOTHING yet)

There's a feeling that CGI is replacing traditional animation, and that's become the case with US feature animation. Until recently, good-looking CGI on TV wasn't really a thing, but even now it's mostly confined to commercials...
  • But if you want a high watermark for limited animation, give it to Chuck Jones and his team on "Haredevil Hare":

• edited 2015-03-03 00:55:11
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

More evidence for T. Rex being a lot like me.

Also, more reason to dislike Utahraptor.

Urgh, Utahraptor.  Killjoy jerk always shooting down T. Rex's brilliance.

OKay, I know that Utahraptor is supposed to be an actual good friend who is a bit more sensible and wise than T. Rex is, but he rarely strikes that balance.  I prefer him when he goes along with T. Rex's stupid ideas like in this:

• also expanding on earlier, in case you didn't know, H-B didn't invent limited animation; what we tend to think of as such was - not invented, but first put to extensive use - by UPA, but their cartoons have pretty much been out of mainstream circulation for decades and are only really known in animation circles
  • hell, it took until 2012 for the ones that really define them to be put on DVD
  • Pulitzer-prize winning clam chowder
  • edited 2015-03-03 01:04:07
    you are the main character of a story set in a fantasy setting, and you are on a quest to rescue a forest ranger who has gone missing
  • you are the main character of a story set in a fantasy setting, and you are on a quest to rescue a forest ranger who has gone missing

*takes this idea, files it away*
  • You're not Kongou!  You're not even wearing an obnoxiously long dress or purple lipstick!
    library card

More evidence for T. Rex being a lot like me.

Also, more reason to dislike Utahraptor.

Urgh, Utahraptor.  Killjoy jerk always shooting down T. Rex's brilliance.

OKay, I know that Utahraptor is supposed to be an actual good friend who is a bit more sensible and wise than T. Rex is, but he rarely strikes that balance.  I prefer him when he goes along with T. Rex's stupid ideas like in this:

It's important to understand that Utahraptor has his own things going (see: intense hatred of homeopathy) and can't always drop his whole ethos just so he can loaf around with T-Rex for a bit.
    "Heart-Shaped Box" mashed up with "Call Me Maybe" would be a weird thing
  • but what if it was the remix to Ignition
  • See I think part of the reason why I have a hard time liking Yahtzee is that he is so. damn. insistent that nostalgia is "wrong."
  • Kexruct said:

See I think part of the reason why I have a hard time liking Yahtzee is that he is so. damn. insistent that nostalgia is "wrong."

that sounds very irritating
  • i love this cucumber mint lotion
  • i've actually found myself watching several more of his videos, in part to actually get some clue about what some of these recent big names are like.  watch_dogs, for instance.
  • I feel that Yahtzee is sufficiently right about stuff that I can watch him, and when he's very, very wrong, I can refute him easily.

Specific examples being when he craps on Quantum Conundrum for having first-person platforming (yes, Half-Life tried it and it was terrible. that doesn't mean the idea's rutted as a whole), and his apparent vitriol towards the entire comic book genre.

You can get away with calling Superman a boring character, because he's really difficult to get right without making him stupidly grittier, but calling Lois Lane his consort and nothing more is unacceptable.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I feel like nostalgia stops people from producing or trying new things, and that's all I want, most of the time. New thing.
  • I mean, I think he has valuable input, but he's sooooooo soooooooooooooooooooooooo negative. It's borderline offensive to me, but I still have some deal of respect for what he does.
  • So apparently DayZ is a free-for-all PVP sandbox game.  In which players, predictably, behave like horrible jerks in most cases.  Backstabbing people who help you is apparently a normal thing.
  • I guess it's an important question to ask, to what extent are the players jerks, and to what extent is the game to be blamed for encouraging and/or enabling the players' being jerks.
  • edited 2015-03-03 04:53:31
    still though

when you have a game like this, with a playerbase like this

why the fuck would i ever want to play this

why the fuck would ANYONE ever want to play this, except as a jerkwad power fantasy that lets people get away with doing stupid shit
  • i'd take Amateur RPG Maker Game #235 through #394 before I'd even consider this bullshit.

and y'all obnoxious fuckers call them RPG Maker games "shovelware"

well, DayZ, that's your real shovelware, because i ain't touching shit with bare hands, i'm using a shovel
  • Seriously though. 

Why is Yahtzee so against First Person Platformers?

Did he throw his controller after playing the Xen levels for Half-Life and wound the only person he ever loved?
  • edited 2015-03-03 05:13:47
    Pizza Dog

Seriously though. 

Did he throw his controller after playing the Xen levels for Half-Life and wound the only person he ever loved?
    I think it has to do with the idea that first person usually vanishes your own body from space and time, so understanding where you are in position to a platform is a no-go. 

So apparently DayZ is a free-for-all PVP sandbox game.  In which players, predictably, behave like horrible jerks in most cases.  Backstabbing people who help you is apparently a normal thing.

and thus, Humans Are Bastards was proven
  • kill living beings
    should have brought my laptop
  • So apparently DayZ is a free-for-all PVP sandbox game.  In which players, predictably, behave like horrible jerks in most cases.  Backstabbing people who help you is apparently a normal thing.

and thus, Humans Are Bastards was proven
    Gollum was right. 
  • It's counterpart is Samwise was right. 
  • X your X+1

root your phone

mount your friends
  • ROOT and PHONE have one letter in common, O

MOUNT and FRIENDS have one letter in common, N
  • Seriously though. 

I think it has to do with the idea that first person usually vanishes your own body from space and time, so understanding where you are in position to a platform is a no-go. 
    But that's not an unavoidable element, and it's not always a dealbreaking element.

Mirror's Edge does the work to make Faith's legs visible while roofrunning through the world and kicking guards in the nuts. And Quantum Conundrum is only slightly hampered by the lack of feet. 

It's almost as bad as the Nostalgia Critic's seething hatred of princesses.
  • the lack of visible self model is why i still kinda suck at melee in TF2

and also stepping on teleporters