The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Pedantic Cream is best Cream
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ^_^
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Why didn't I bring a laptop to class?

Oh right, because I'm an idiot.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    so last night I started playing Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

I was all "I'll just play this for a few minutes" and then played a couple hours, because stupidity
    also, I dreamed that I woke up. Always weird when that happens.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Panurge said:

Every time a famous musician turns out to be a mass murderer or something, Naney always posts something along the lines of "and nothing of value was lost"

I think Naney uses his cat sixth sense to sense evil and adjust his music tastes accordingly.

#completely_accurate
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Imipolex G did you use a game link password?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I like how Amid Amidi managed to accidentally sneak nerds a CARTOON
  • edited 2015-01-13 21:22:28
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Cream said:

Imipolex G did you use a game link password?

I'm bored.

I hope the car is fixed soon, I don't wanna have to put up with this transportation nonsense anymore.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Tachyon said:

navi never irritated me and i was surprised when i encountered fans on the internet and discovered she was so unpopular

the owl was way worse anyway

I would always button-mash to get through it and then accidentally tell the owl to say everything all over again.... :/
    freakin' owl
    So, uh, Channel Awesome is apparently falling apart at the seams
    How?
    Phelous left, Lupa was fired, and I guess now Lindsay's left too.
  • :(

Whatever happens, I hope Todd comes out of it alright...
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'm worried for everyone over at Chez Apocalypse now that Lindsey's leaving.

I hope that they make it out okay.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Lupa's post about the whole thing on Tumblr is pretty enlightening...
  • now where will i find my videos of people with dubious opinions on forms of media
  • They apparently let someone go without even telling them for two weeks.

...is it bad that I'm getting TV TROPES flashbacks from this?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'm sorry, but you two set me up for this so perfectly...
    naney said:

now where will i find my videos of people with dubious opinions on forms of media

Panurge said:

Every time a famous musician turns out to be a mass murderer or something, Naney always posts something along the lines of "and nothing of value was lost"

I think Naney uses his cat sixth sense to sense evil and adjust his music tastes accordingly.
  • They apparently let someone go without even telling them for two weeks.

how the fuck can this even happen
  • ok here's the real question: whyy cant nerds run businesses effectively
  • because all that intelligence on nonsensical topics doesn't leave too much room for common sense
  • A better question would be why are nerds such jerks.

Because 80% of Lupa's complaints can be summed up as "nerds being jerks"
    naney said:

ok here's the real question: whyy cant nerds run businesses effectively

sometimes I wonder the same about creative types in general
  • naney said:

Youtube networks aren't really businesses in any sense that requires them to be run non-idiotically.

A lot of them have problems like this.
    Yeah, the whole thing is so Fast Eddie it hurts. :P
    my reaction

naney said:

Youtube networks aren't really businesses in any sense that requires them to be run non-idiotically.

Channel Awesome is an independent concern, though; if you remember, the reason it exists at all is because Doug Walker wanted to get away from YouTube and their overzealous copyright policies.

There are YouTube networks that are run enough like businesses to have been swallowed by big media concerns - AwesomenessTV, Maker Studios...
  • Let's talk about to-ho-s

I like Konpaku Youmu, Chen and Yuugi the best.
  • edited 2015-01-13 22:59:32
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Anonus said:

naney said:

Channel Awesome is an independent concern, though; if you remember, the reason it exists at all is because Doug Walker wanted to get away from YouTube and their overzealous copyright policies.

There are YouTube networks that are run enough like businesses to have been swallowed by big media concerns - AwesomenessTV, Maker Studios...
    I could be wrong, but I remember reading that the main benefit of being on those YouTube networks is that you have a defence mechanism against copyright takedowns and reprimands.

Let's talk about to-ho-s

I like Konpaku Youmu, Chen and Yuugi the best.
    i think we've got a whole thread about to-ho-s
    I like Patchouli, Komachi, Sakuya, Keine and China
  • MAN REAL TALK PATCHOULI 2CUTE

HER RIBBONS AND LACES AND THAT HAT AND PERSONALITY

You know what else is love? Bad Apple
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    A lot of reviewers don't need Channel Awesome anymore, now that Patreon is a thing.
  • on a different note, does anyone ever think back on their time on tv tropes and remember certain posts or stuff you read and REGRET

I know, "One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth" but some stuff is too heavy to properly ignore
    Adulthood is very sad sometimes.
  • edited 2015-01-13 23:23:21
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I made one or two egregiously dumb posts on tvt

but I don't think anyone would remember or care now
    Adulthood is sadness incarnate
    Well there's still ChezApocalypse and other various personal sites.

Spoilers for the end of Stardust Crusaders
  • the beau is making me pasta ^w^
    Phelous said:

@HopeWithinChaos TBF was the worst too cause it just QUOTED movies for large parts. Or straight up stole scenes like Ghostbusters.

Wow.
    Some touhous that immediately come to mind when I try to think of favorites: Kirisame Marisa, Izayoi Sakuya, Flandre Scarlet, Alice Margatroid, Yakumo Yukari, Reisen Udongein Inaba, Komeiji Koishi, Tatara Kogasa, Hijiri Byakuren, Toyosatomimi no Miko. I have this many favorites because I know all of the touhous. Yes, all of them. I can name all 170-ish of them from memory.
  • the pasta the beau made was nice =w=
    Cream said:

Some touhous that immediately come to mind when I try to think of favorites: Kirisame Marisa, Izayoi Sakuya, Flandre Scarlet, Alice Margatroid, Yakumo Yukari, Reisen Udongein Inaba, Komeiji Koishi, Tatara Kogasa, Hijiri Byakuren, Toyosatomimi no Miko. I have this many favorites because I know all of the touhous. Yes, all of them. I can name all 170-ish of them from memory.

but not Patchouli? :(
  • kill living beings
    glad you're getting some mileage out of that image
    naney said:

the beau is making me pasta ^w^

i may never have been jealous before this very moment