The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Is a tachyon crunchwrap something you eat and then buy? Or something you can taste before taking a bite
  • it's a bundle of particles,

speaking from experience here

Seaking from experience
  • But it's funny how I made so many tachyon jokes my friends actually bothered to learn what it is so they can properly not laugh at it.

But sometimes you don't even need to tell the tachyon joke to see how funny it is, just look at people's reactions before you tell it
  • let me tell you about deep fried film noir, and its benefits on your health

more like its benefist, really, because it will make you capable of punching things with great force
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    MAGIC JANE PARKING ONLY
    8 AM - 4 PM
  • Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass are both really good, just not particularly remarkable. They don't factor into the main series's iconography all that much. Minish Cap is wonderful, and far better than Capcom's previous foray into the series (the Oracle games, which were still quite good, just not nearly as polished as other Zelda games)
  • edited 2015-01-13 15:51:02
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

But it's funny how I made so many tachyon jokes my friends actually bothered to learn what it is so they can properly not laugh at it.

But sometimes you don't even need to tell the tachyon joke to see how funny it is, just look at people's reactions before you tell it

we're trippy like that

or will be, which is to say, were

hypothetically, anyway
  • Can I deep fry a dvd noir, I'm out of film
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    The best 2D Zelda is Anodyne and the best 3D Zelda is Okami. Other than that, try A Link to the Past i guess.
  • MAGIC JANE PARKING ONLY
    8 AM - 4 PM
    and since I can make it be 8 AM whenever I want, only I can ever park in this space!

And I don't even own a car!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • The best 2D Zelda is Anodyne and the best 3D Zelda is Okami. Other than that, try A Link to the Past i guess.
    hush Micreamomayonegg, CC thinks I will like ALBW so I'm sure I will

also I like Anodyne just fine.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i still think Maple would have been perfect for Hyrule Warriors, she even has the 3-stage progressively more powerful weapons (weak version broom, mid version hoover, best version ufo)

Ralph and Onox would also have been good choices

if they had one Capcom character Vaati would make the most sense, but i doubt they'll ever include anyone from the Capcom Zeldas, and that makes me sad
  • Okami is my favorite Zelda game, I forward that motion
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS

Can I deep fry a dvd noir, I'm out of film

Das racist
  • my favorite Zelda game is MechAssault for the original Xbox.
    i haven't played Okami or Anodyne, but neither of them has Link, Gorons, the Master Sword, the Triforce or the Zelda theme, so i am sceptical regarding their alleged bestness
  • >MechAssault
    >Not Metal Wolf Chaos

it bugs just me: 'Midna' in Hyrule Warriors should be called 'Imp Midna', and 'Twili Midna' should be called 'Midna'

it's not important i know
  • I'm pretty sure Okami has Master Sword, Gorons and Link
  • actually I changed my mind my favorite Zelda game is Civilization II.
  • well it's a tie between that and Darius Gaiden.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The best Zelda game is Treasure of the Rudras, hate to break it to you.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Darius Gaiden is Zun's favorite shmup and a major inspiration for Touhou, fun fact.
  • Kotaku article: The best Zelda games that aren't on the Zelda franchise

we all know zelda changed the world and how videogames are seen, here are the games which obviously took influence from it:

Okami - a wolf running around with someone on its back? Obviously a throwback to twilight princess
  • Cream said:

Darius Gaiden is Zun's favorite shmup and a major inspiration for Touhou, fun fact.

it's also one of the best Zelda games
  • it's been four days since I last slept at a decent hour, but today is looking good, i'm sure I won't be up until the beast howls die down and the time of repentance falls upon us
    personal opinions regarding capcom zeldas

Oracle of Seasons - good fun, a little more hack and slash than is typical of zelda but still good
    Oracle of Ages - one of the hardest zelda games in terms of puzzles, good if you like a challenge, otherwise you may end up spending a lot of time reading walkthroughs
    A Link to the Past and Four Swords - decent port of a classic game, the four swords side game is ok but nothing special
    Four Swords Adventures - not actually a Capcom zelda but heavily based on their games, playing this with 2 or 3 other people is the best multiplayer zelda experience
    Minish Cap - a very pretty game with a lovely soundtrack, shorter and easier than either of the Oracle games but still really good
    and yes i know what you're thinking, the best multiplayer zelda is actually Team Fortress 2/CoD/Smash Bros/FIFA/whatever

WELL YOU'RE WRONG, Four Swords Adventures is actually better than any of those, assuming you have the necessary peripherals and your friends own GBAs
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Santa Claus vs. The POPstation

coming soon to Super Nintendo Entertainment System

• Miko how many times have you said this exact sentence
    Cream said:

the best 3D Zelda is Okami. 

just the once, if we're talking about hh
  • edited 2015-01-13 16:43:09
    Tachyon said:

personal opinions regarding capcom zeldas

Oracle of Seasons - good fun, a little more hack and slash than is typical of zelda but still good
    Oracle of Ages - one of the hardest zelda games in terms of puzzles, good if you like a challenge, otherwise you may end up spending a lot of time reading walkthroughs
    A Link to the Past and Four Swords - decent port of a classic game, the four swords side game is ok but nothing special
    Four Swords Adventures - not actually a Capcom zelda but heavily based on their games, playing this with 2 or 3 other people is the best multiplayer zelda experience
    Minish Cap - a very pretty game with a lovely soundtrack, shorter and easier than either of the Oracle games but still really good

I just couldn't get over how rough the Oracle games were. Going through the environment is fun until you have to constantly backtrack through them; people complained about SS's backtracking but I thought the way it recontextualized an old section was kind of neat. 

They weren't bad; just not as polished as the Nintendo ones.
    i can agree with that, i guess i just didn't see the backtracking as that much of a problem, but i do remember it becoming tiresome after a while

generally i prefer the 3D zeldas anyway, my favourites overall are Ocarina, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, with Wind Waker and Skyward Sword close behind

after that i dunno... A Link to the Past probably
  • I can't really rank them over a general preference for the 3D titles. 
    that's fair

tbh another day i might have put Skyward Sword ahead of Ocarina, i go back and forth on how much i like both of those

i like Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess enough to feel comfortable calling them my favourites though
  • my favorite 2d zelda is disgaea
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    LttP is the best Zelda for ever and ever and ever
    Nintendo, please make the hero of the next Zelda game everyone's favourite adorable tsundere witch Irene.
  • And Disgaea 2 is my favorite honestly, 1 gets lots of praise, but 2 is the one for me
    my favourite megaman game is donkey kong country, my favourite spyro game is psychonauts and my favourite silent hill is mcgee's alice
  • Game theory: Have you ever noticed the letters on Mario and Luigi's hats? There's an M and an L. In japanese, F and P are transmutable, so by adding Peach (or Feach), you can both spell FML and MLP

FML stands for fuck my life because the brothers are tired of fighting turtles
    MLP stands for what they'd rather be dedicating themselves to
  • It's too hot for me to get on a mood to watch anime and I don't know what to use the internet for, I hit a wall whenever I'm not talking to anyone or reading some manga or watching something.

I guess I'll go play cards, but if there's no one online that ends in failure and I lose so much my will to play vanishes quick. I guess all that'll be left then is to write or something
  • LWLW
    edited 2015-01-13 17:56:21

Minish Cap and Spirit Tracks seem to be the two Zelda games no one talks about

I am one of those strange people who actually really liked Spirit Tracks. In fact, it is probably my second favorite Zelda after Majora's Mask (I guess I tend to prefer the weird Zelda games over the traditional ones). I thought Spirit Tracks was generally a huge improvement over Phantom Hourglass, liked how Zelda actually does stuff throughout that game, and found cruising around in the train pretty fun, especially with the overworld theme playing in the background.

I can understand why a lot of people might not like though, since it is a bit different from other Zelda games and does not necessarily have the "epic" feel that most of the console Zelda games do.

From what I remember from Zelda Universe, Minish Cap is decently popular as far as the handheld games go. Granted, it seems like the console ones tend to dominate conversations on a lot of sites like that, so that may not be saying much.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Okami is a good game.

Also from a gameplay perspective, Issun is worse than Navi, even though I like his character.
    navi never irritated me and i was surprised when i encountered fans on the internet and discovered she was so unpopular

the owl was way worse anyway
    The worst Zelda character is Nameless Hyrule Castle Guard #3.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu

Game theory: Have you ever noticed the letters on Mario and Luigi's hats? There's an M and an L. In japanese, F and P are transmutable, so by adding Peach (or Feach), you can both spell FML and MLP

FML stands for fuck my life because the brothers are tired of fighting turtles
    MLP stands for what they'd rather be dedicating themselves to
    *semantic Cream* Yes and no. F and P aren't transmutable in the same way as a rhotic R and an L, but the symbol with which F is written in kana (フ) is technically one of the H symbols even though it generally is romanized as "fu," which is then combined with smaller vowel kana for an F syllable. The H kana, including "fu," are also used for the P sound, like so: プ. Japanese phonetic writing is quirky, maybe even more so when romanized.