The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    dude it's the trash heap
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "Beardfist" is a good name.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    also it's six damn minutes
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    U
    N
    I
    N
    T
    E
    R
    R
    U
    P
    T
    E
    D

T
    R
    I
    P
    L
    E
    P
    O
    S
    T

E
    X
    T
    R
    A
    V
    A
    G
    A
    N
    Z
    A
    denied
  • edited 2015-01-02 20:24:39
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    This interruption is why I'm going to write books in which a Heap is a place where dreams-crushing meanies live to interrupt people who are trying to do important things like count to ten thousand or stay aware of how many times they have blinked today.

-petty aliroz-

(NOTE:  That was insincerity intended in a jocular, if not joking manner.  This japery is not an indication of ill will towards the people here)
  • I hope in my heart that we on a whole
    will die and the earth be left alone
    just beast and bee and fish and tree
    this hope I wish will someday be
    that bacteria will have ate our remains
    that all knowledge of us has decayed
    our burden raised the world set free
    the earth returns to land and sea
    our buildings burned and highways gone
    I love my friends and everyone
    but we've had our chance let's move aside
    let time wash us out with the tide
    the VHEMT anthem?
    (2015 self)
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement Tarantula?
  • edited 2015-01-02 20:24:18

^ ^
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    VHEMT is silly
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    If it's bigoted and disrespectful to long for the annihilation of someone else's culture, longing for the annihilation of everyone else's cultures must be worse.
    (2015 self)
    In all seriousness, if someone gives me that great trust, takes the great risk of actually publishing my words, the least I can do is try to ensure that the money generated from those words goes to the people who took that risk.
    Tachyon said:

If it's bigoted and disrespectful to long for the annihilation of someone else's culture, longing for the annihilation of everyone else's cultures must be worse.

That's cool, because I'm pretty sure antinatalists nowadays do both.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    I like who-would-win arguments when they are really silly, like 100 wrestlers versus 10 silverback gorillas
  • Mein Führer! I can walk!
  • kill living beings
    we have an old OED somewhere, it's two volumes and compressed so you need a provided magnifying glass to read it
  • the only books I own a physical copy of are

• Slaughterhouse Five
    • Catch 22
    • the entire first Warrior Cats series
    • an enormous book with every Narnia story in it
    • a copy of the family Bible

• I have a soft spot for this song
    I own more than 300 books, personally. Go me.

My favorite type of cow is "cow girl" but, failing that, good ol' Holstein will do
  • I used to own encyclopedias on Egyptology and World Mythology but they got destroyed in a flood.

The Egyptology one was great because it had a huge list of every known ruler of Egypt with several competing king lists presented side by side.
    (2015 self)

we have an old OED somewhere, it's two volumes and compressed so you need a provided magnifying glass to read it

If you could see the look on my face...

Absolute adoration at the idea.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Slaughterhouse-Five is as good a book to own as any if you have very few books.
  • Slaughterhouse-Five is as good a book to own as any if you have very few books.

I stole it.

For whatever reason, when I was younger I got in the habit of just swiping books from class libraries and never bringing them back. They were rarely missed.

Most, since I don't read much anymore, I have since given to the Palmerton Public Library.
    Aliroz said:

If you could see the look on my face...

Absolute adoration at the idea.

We have a Shorter OED with a misprint in the M section, plus an American Heritage with complete PIE and Proto-Semitic root stem indexes and a Webster's International from the 1920s that I swear could implode a small car.

Compact OEDs are cool, by. The way, although having a complete one would be even better. Or both, better yet!
  • I don't remember everything I stole ofc, but One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest was one, so was 1001 Films To See Before You Die.
  • I own more than 300 books, personally. Go me.

My favorite type of cow is "cow girl" but, failing that, good ol' Holstein will do

Yeah, I thought so.

There are cows on the streets where I'm staying now. And I thought of you, but then I thought, wait, none of these are the common zebra-type, and that's Imi's favorite, probably.
    (2015 self)
    Neat!

So neat!

I stole it.

For whatever reason, when I was younger I got in the habit of just swiping books from class libraries and never bringing them back. They were rarely missed.
    MARISSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAA

I stole it.

Most, since I don't read much anymore, I have since given to the Palmerton Public Library.

Still, great book. Your kleptomaniac side's taste is decidedly above-average.
  • Slaughterhouse-Five is as good a book to own as any if you have very few books.

I stole it.

Still, great book. Your kleptomaniac side's taste is decidedly above-average.
    I don't read very much.

If I had like a Kindle or something I'd probably read a lot, but I find it very hard to read actual books on a laptop screen, and am rarely in a position where I can acquire actual books on the cheap or for free.
    I would recommend that you just trawl Project Gutenberg for stuff that looks cool. I strongly recommend the works of Arthur Machen and Oliver Onions, but I dunno if turn-of-the-century not-quite-ghost stories are your speed. But hey, even if they aren't, I still recommend them, because the writing is good.
  • I would recommend that you just trawl Project Gutenberg for stuff that looks cool. I strongly recommend the works of Arthur Machen and Oliver Onions, but I dunno if turn-of-the-century not-quite-ghost stories are your speed. But hey, even if they aren't, I still recommend them, because the writing is good.

I've done that but I have nothing to read Project Gutenberg stuff on is the problem.

I tried reading The Night Land, intrigued by its similarities to my own Brass Sky stories, but couldn't get far.

Something about reading on a laptop screen, idk.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Paul Thurrott perplexes me

I don't understand how someone who runs a site dedicated to Microsoft Windows can buy into the whole "The PC is old hat! Mobile devices and The Cloud are the future!" fad...
  • I think mobile devices might be "the future" for people who live where common PC technology is too expensive or otherwise hard to acquire

but I don't think that's what this man is speaking of.
  • not fun things #94: sitting in a pub watching your mates having a domestic
  • the music in here is shit and all
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    a domestic?
  • they are in a relationship and having a row.
    a spat
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    And the spirit fled from them, and they split among hills and forests to find her, all grieving that they had become a villainous people. Hrol and his shieldthane were the only ones to find her, and the king spoke to her, saying, I love you sweet Aless, sweet wife of Shor and of Auri-el and the Sacred Bull, and would render this land alive again, not through pain but through a return to the dragon-fires of covenant, to join east and west and throw off all ruin. And the shieldthane bore witness to the spirit opening naked to his king, carving on a nearby rock the words AND HROL DID LOVE UNTO A HILLOCK before dying in the sight of their union. 

When the fifteen other knights found King Hrol, they saw him dead after his labors against a mound of mud. And they parted each in their way, and some went mad, and the two that returned to their homeland beyond Twil would say nothing of Hrol, and acted ashamed for him.
    But after nine months that mound of mud became as a small mountain, and there were whispers among the shepherds and bulls. A small community of believers gathered around that growing hill during the days of its first churning, and they were the first to name it the Golden Hill, Sancre Tor. And it was the shepherdess Sed-Yenna who dared climb the hill when she heard his first cry, and at its peak she saw what it had yielded, an infant she named Reman, which is "Light of Man."
    And in the child's forehead was the Chim-el Adabal, alive with the dragon-fires of yore and divine promise, and none dared obstruct Sed-Yenna when she climbed the steps of White-Gold Tower to place the babe Reman on his Throne, where he spoke as an adult, saying I AM CYRODIIL COME.
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-least-anticipated-albums-2015/ Adam Tod Brown, you're supposed to have mildly unpopular opinions not bog standard opinions
  • I'm dinking with music with the beau
  • Question:

Is Undercover Boss's treacly uncomplicated view on class struggle treacly and uncomplicated enough so as to be disingenuous?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *declares the next two posters Raggedy Ann and Andy, respectively*
  • kill living beings
    keep sleeping at random times

keep sleeping at random times

same
    I'm not gonna lie, Raggedy Tzetze is an amusing idea and I'm not even sure why