Comments

• meow meow meow i am feeling slightly ill
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    arpeggio
    oh hay, Mario Cuomo died
    where is Cream
  • Question, how ethically good/bad is outing when the person being outed is a powerful political figure with a strong history of being ant-LGBT?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Question, how ethically good/bad is outing when the person being outed is a powerful political figure with a strong history of being ant-LGBT?

What is outing?

-sincerely ignorant-
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-01-03 03:23:39
    Outing: revealing publicly that someone has a sexual orientation or gender identity that differs from those normalized by society.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Aliroz said:

Question, how ethically good/bad is outing when the person being outed is a powerful political figure with a strong history of being ant-LGBT?

What is outing?

-sincerely ignorant-

Basically when someone is not openly non-straight and someone else declares that they are non-straight to the public against their wishes.
  • edited 2015-01-03 03:29:51
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Well, that's ethically bad, but, well, it is a person who has used his or her influence to decry the lgbt...

I guess, the thing is, well it help the LGBT movement?

I seriously doubt it.    Let's not sink to that level.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Doesn't sit right with me.

Seems hypocritical and vindictive, and even if the figure in question is both those things, two wrongs don't make a right.

Just my opinion.
  • outing people is bad, it's just that simple
    It's... a complicated question.
    Tachyon said:

Doesn't sit right with me.

Seems hypocritical and vindictive, and even if the figure in question is both those things, two wrongs don't make a right.

Just my opinion.

Basically, yeah, but... I don't know how I would personally know how to deal with having that information because I feel like neutralising a very dangerous hypocrite may or may not outweigh my own disgust at people making other people's private lives their business, and it's troubling.
  • the boo

is cute
    The beau is cute!
    the boob shut up
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Sometimes I feel weird for not viewing menial laborers with scorn
    Anonus said:

Why would you disdain manual labour?
    because it's COOL
    to do so, I mean

Anonus said:

Sometimes I feel like I'm supposed to be more hateful than I am
    where do you get these ideas
    a bizarre warping filter in my mind
    should I use a Cadpig avatar
  • edited 2015-01-03 05:47:52
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Anonus said:

Anonus said:

Sometimes I feel like I'm supposed to be more hateful than I am

But, like, it doesn't even make sense as a thing to feel. I know feelings aren't rational, but I don't understand the point of origin here.
    Anonus said:

should I use a Cadpig avatar

I personally think not, for various reasons; there are better choices.
    Unrelated: Ferretbrain's Arthur B's description of the plot to Robert E. Howard's "Black Wind Blowing" is the funniest thing I've read all week, or perhaps second funniest, but second only to the excerpt of said story included with it.
  • kill living beings
    one one one one
    Further non-apropos: Listening to decidedly exceptional vaporwave with the beau.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    (21200 / 87) * 6
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    (A recreation of Ishgard, a city state from FFXIV)
    that thar is one pretty place
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Can't sleep
  • edited 2015-01-03 17:08:07
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Why the heck am I getting ads for contraception on youtube?

If you don't want the childrens, go celibate like a normal person.

Because normal persons always go celibate.  Of course.  Nothing unreasonable about expecting that of people who have urges that I do not quite understand.  Nope.

(NOTE:  That was sarcasm.  I am, in fact, totally okay with people using contraception if they wish to not have children.  IT's only fair and right.)
  • heaper shangout
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tools said:

Boop.

Whoa, you sound exactly like my Pong game! :D
  • Boop

Boop

Boop

Boopboopboopboopboop

Beeeeeeeeeep
    boop
    (2015 self)
    boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop boop
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I think my computer's language accidentally got set on "R2-D2"
    (2015 self)
    Neat!

I love r2-d2
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Droidspeak is a very inefficient UI
    Aliroz said:

Neat!

I love r2-d2
    I'm a C-3PO gal, myself