The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    eh, that's not so dumb... it's certainly not apolitical, it wears its Russian-ness on its sleeves

i mean, the music is a Russian folk song, for starters, that was clearly a deliberate decision, and then you have the architecture depicted

it does say, for instance, that Russia is technologically innovative and unashamed of its traditions, that'd be a valid reading of the game
    made me think of this though

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

What would you guys recommend for headphones in the $20 range?

monoprice 8323 is what I have, and it's about in that range.  Once the pleather ear pads cracked I ended up buying these which admittedly cost about as much as the headphones themselves but make the headphones more comfortable and are probably a better idea than buying new ones.

one feature i really like about the headphones is that they have an audio port on the headphones so that if the cord goes bad like so many cords i have dealt with in the past, i just buy a new one
    Actually addendum to the above, characterizing the music as 'Soviet inspired' is clearly a misreading, since the music is pre-Soviet

but that in itself had political implications
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Calica said:

What would you guys recommend for headphones in the $20 range?

monoprice 8323 is what I have, and it's about in that range.  Once the pleather ear pads cracked I ended up buying these which admittedly cost about as much as the headphones themselves but make the headphones more comfortable and are probably a better idea than buying new ones.

one feature i really like about the headphones is that they have an audio port on the headphones so that if the cord goes bad like so many cords i have dealt with in the past, i just buy a new one
    Thanks ^_^
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ROAD CLOSED AHEAD
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Road Close Daea D
  • I am showereded
  • What would you guys recommend for headphones in the $20 range?

Kmart sells an okay brand of them for $15. I forget what they're called offhand.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Dr. Wily
    I ended up with a Sony pair because I had a $20 Target gift card and that was the only decent-looking one Target had in that price range.
  • The MDR-ZX100s are really good Sony ones for that price range. I miss mine u___u
  • the beau and i listened to Radiolab

woo
  • then again my Skullcrushers are pretty nice, and I got extremely lucky when I got them, so

not too disappointed in my current cans
    these are apparently MDR-ZX110, according to the instruction manual
    Also: who needs instructions for headphones? Give me some credit, guys.
    cans
    *touches the cow*

*does it now*
  • touch the cow. do it now.
    *is touched*
  • Ever had those moments when you're not really sad, but just feel like crying?
  • Tools said:

Ever had those moments when you're not really sad, but just feel like crying?

Not too often, mostly I just get moments where I'm sad, sad enough that I feel like I should be crying, but I don't feel like I could cry and then I think I'm empty inside. 
    yeah, I usually have the opposite: profoundly sad but can't cry
  • I get the "sad but doesn't cry" moments, but recently I'm getting the "no reason to cry but still does anyway" moments.
  • my headphone choices:

something that came from an airline
    something that came with a cd player that i got about a decade ago
    a pair of pretty decent noise-cancelling headphones that i got for $10 from a schoolmate a while ago and the ear pads have all peeled but it still works great otherwise
    Tools said:

I get the "sad but doesn't cry" moments, but recently I'm getting the "no reason to cry but still does anyway" moments.

both familiar feelings
  • Wait, I know the reason why I feel like crying.
  • Tools said:

Wait, I know the reason why I feel like crying.

Eye irritation? Sensitive eyes?
  • I dumped my abusive ex three years ago. Still not fully recovered.

On a side note, that rash that I thought was eczema? It's ringworm.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Ugh, my sympathy Tools.
  • im gonna try and skyrim again
  • skyrim is a Good game
  • update skyrim still isnt working

i'll install some low graphics mods for it whenever i get internet back
  • im sad i wanted to be a cat person
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I wanna be a danmaku witch who scores big points. Good thing I am. OwO
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    You could always try Morrowind or Oblivion if you are able to purchase them currently. There are cat people in them too. Oblivion's cat people are kind of funny lookin' due to how they did graphics, though. 

(Morrowind is also basically one of my favorite games ever)
  • im not able to unfortunately
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Oh hi, people. I'm pirating my boyfriend's janky iPod internet connection, for great justice and general tranquility.
    sup sredni

how's being with your boyfriend
    Sredni!

*glomps*

How was your holiday? How is your Naney? Have you done any hardcore cuddling yet?
  • he's still trying to refresh the page
  • it's really janky
    There has been much cuddling. Also, decent holiday, although I think I'm still  kinda worn out from the frankly hellish period of frenzied preparation in advance of the beau's arrival. Mostly things have been quiet since then.
    Yo.
    quiet is good.  hardcore cuddling is also good.  have you taken any cute pix together? you should