The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2013-07-26 00:42:47
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Walruses can not die. Ghost walruses are the walruses that were never born.

Wait, we need a good plural for, "walrus".
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Charlotte said:

Hi Punky Brewster!

Your name is kinda cool-sounding. Not like mine, I just have the name of a North Carolina city or a witch from Puella Magi Madoka Magica or something...
    Aww, you poor dear!

Would you like some cake? I would like to talk to you about making a little deal...
  • Party like it's 1984
    Who is Norm? I'm so confused!
  • Party like it's 1984
    I would definitely like some cake, though!
  • It is unknown how walruses (or walri) attained immortality, but we do know that it involves copious amounts of butter.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    sock puppets < socks
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Tre said:

terribad

terribad
    The only good portmanteau.
    Yeah. Yeah!
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • Party like it's 1984
    Miko said:

sock puppets < socks

I am better than a sock!

How are you, Miss Miko Mayonegg?
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I am better than a sock!

How are you, Miss Miko Mayonegg?
    Tired and also sperging over bullet patterns, how are you? :) If you are better then a sock, then surely you must be a warm and comfortable garment for someone's foot.
  • Miko said:

^^ Estrogen? :)

Isn't estrogen one of those things you're only supposed to take if you want to transition? Like, didn't it heavily contribute to Alan Turing's suicide?
  • it contributed to his suicide because it promoted feminine bodily characteristics (*i.e. he started growing boobs*) and he was humiliated.
  • in other news i was taking out the trash and my sister insisted that i let her give me kitty makeup.

so i have whiskers and a little triangle at the end of my nose now.
  • edited 2013-07-26 01:27:29
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ^^^ It was given to him as a punishment for being gay. :( But, yes, the idea is that estrogen will turn a guy into a girl. :)

^ Cute. :)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    did somebody say estrogen

i want some
  • edited 2013-07-26 01:28:55
    @Naney
    Oh, okay.

Either way, I'm not certain it would be a good idea to purposely throw your hormones out of wack.
  • edited 2013-07-26 01:29:28
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    @Kexruct: It was particularly humiliating for Turning because he had always prided himself on his impeccable physical fitness. He began to gain weight, lose muscle tone and grow breasts, which was intolerable to him.

@Naney: Thank her for me...
  • edited 2013-07-26 01:30:27

she said i was "kawaii desu desu"

she is basically a miniature genderswapped Dirk Strider, master of irony.
    The layers of irony are thick and delicious, like an onion of mystery and contradiction. Buy her some Kamina shades and call it even.

But really, I wouldn't mind snogging a handsome boy in cat makeup...
  • That girl sounds dangerous. By the time she's your age her irony will become so powerful it'll collapse and form an incredibly smug black hole.
    Dirk would be the awesomest big brother to have so it is how it develops that matters.
  • edited 2013-07-26 01:41:02
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    That girl sounds dangerous. By the time she's your age her irony will become so powerful it'll collapse and form an incredibly smug black hole.
    It seems that you have a problem with ironic gestures, Kexruct.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    sinister footwear
    Comic Sans boots :D
    Miko said:

Comic Sans boots :D

ew.
    It's a SBaHJ reference, clearly. :)
    that, I could guess.
    A summary of youtube comment reactions to bullet hell from the uninitiated:

-If you can play this, you can go in the rain and not get wet.
    -Only Asian people can play this.
    -Chuck Norris could do this blindfolded.
    -In Japan, this is just the tutorial.
    -This doesn't look fun at all.
    -This is so stupid because there are anime girls instead of space ships.

This feature brought to you by Miko Mayonegg. ;3
    Rebecca Black's "Friday," as performed by Bob Dylan.

• edited 2013-07-26 02:17:40
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    bullet hell

bullet heaven

bullet purgatory

bullet limbo
  • The sadness will last forever.
    cake
    I like Watamote. I can tell it comes from personal experience, and as a result, the character whose mind takes center stage is very believable.
    bullet inferno
    bullet heaven
    Like I said, the first game of this sort that I ever played. ^_^

mochi desu
    Radiant Siilvergun x Ikaruga, my OTP
    I wonder why XBox 360 gets all the arcade shmups? There should be more PC releases...
    there are still arcades?
  • Uggghalf;sdfjasdl;fkjsd;fkasd

I forgot how much the music from Epic Battle Fantasy (from the makers of Bullet Hell) annoys me.
    Indeed, there are still arcades. :3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade_game#Today
    An alternative interpretation[by whom?]
    (one that includes fighting games, which continue to thrive and require
    no special controller) is that the arcade game is now a more
    socially-oriented hangout, with games that focus on an individual's
    performance, rather than the game's content, as the primary form of
    novelty.
    Perhaps this is true. :o Half of the reason why I keep watching people play shmups (and other sorts of games but mainly shmups) is that I like seeing a good performance!! To me, storylines and cut scenes and such are just icing on top of a cake. :)
    I forgot how much the music from Epic Battle Fantasy (from the makers of Bullet Hell) annoys me.
    Actually, I really enjoy the composer's compositions and she is a little bit of a musical role model for me... >_>
    Back in the day (like, the NES days), the only draw of arcades for me was that the game technology was more advanced than what you could get at home. Always had to marvel at those slick (for the time) graphics...
  • edited 2013-07-26 02:46:23
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Arcade gaming is definitely... considerably less relevant to the industry at present. Arcade games may be played on MAME, but this is usually done with illegal copies of arcade games, which I *prefer* not to use, since I like to own the games I play. MAME is great though. :)
  • Hmm. It's an association thing.

The hours I put into Epic Battle Fantasy are some of the most regretful hours that I've ever put into a videogame. And they use the same battle music for the entire game, so yeah, the music has now become kind of terrible for me.
    It occurs to me that the games I am the most interested in are games with minimal cut scenes and challenging gameplay, which seems to be a tradition stemming from arcades. I wonder why I have the sensibilities about gaming that I do, when they are considered "traditional?" I am not a very traditional person, am I?
    The hours I put into Epic Battle Fantasy are some of the most regretful
    hours that I've ever put into a videogame. And they use the same battle
    music for the entire game, so yeah, the music has now become kind of
    terrible for me.
    I played the first one out of curiosity once, but I never really played those games other than Bullet Heaven, which I played a lot and enjoyed. :) Of course, Bullet Heaven is quite easy compared to most bullet hells, which is probably why I beated the "true" final boss within like a day of first playing it.

Mid-'60s British R&B could be pretty dark and ugly sometimes.
  • Miko said:

It occurs to me that the games I am the most interested in are games with minimal cut scenes and challenging gameplay, which seems to be a tradition stemming from arcades. I wonder why I have the sensibilities about gaming that I do, when they are considered "traditional?" I am not a very traditional person, am I?

When it comes to games, evidently.

There's nothing wrong with being a gamist, but I'd recommend broadening your horizons a little if possible.

• i like video games that are pretty with interesting storylines, strategic gameplay and medium to easy difficulty.