The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it makes them make crazy music, right
  • It makes them make game simulators as if you were to take the LSD yourself.
  • Lemme tell you 'bout a girl I know
    no
  • Naney said:

no

• We can do anything if we do it together.
  • do you people just not like sublime or something
  • edited 2013-05-10 00:16:35
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    that's one for the archives

^not really, no
  • edited 2013-05-10 00:20:57
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I don't really like Sublime either.

Also, is that an actual cover Time Magazine published? If so, wow ... just wow.
  • Kexruct said:

do you people just not like sublime

i was not aware that there were people that liked sublime until just now
  • Naney said:

Kexruct said:

wait

seriously
  • Ninja Tendo throws 64 ninja stars at Mario.
    ...I just remembered this girlfriend I had who had SUBLIME tattooed in the inside of her mouth

I am not making this up
    Ninja Tendo 64?
  • Kexruct said:

Naney said:

Kexruct said:

wait

seriously
    well, i had seen sublime t-shirts in used CD stores, and i guess somebody was buying them but i mean i never really made the connection no
  • Naney said:

Kexruct said:

Naney said:

Kexruct said:

wait

seriously
    well, i had seen sublime t-shirts in used CD stores, and i guess somebody was buying them but i mean i never really made the connection no

Critical reception and legacy [edit]

Sublime
     met high critical reception upon release, and is now considered a classic ska album by fans and critics. It also revived popular interest in ska to the mainstream. The album reached #13 on the U.S. Billboard 200 album chart and was the band's first Gold record for sales of (over) 500,000 copies, making Sublime one of the biggest American rock acts in 1996 and 1997. This was done without support through touring. It is certified 5× Platinum in the U.S., with over 5 million copies shipped in the U.S. alone. Almost every song now has radio play, with "What I Got", "Santeria", "Wrong Way", "Doin' Time" and "April 29, 1992 (Miami)" receiving the heaviest airplay. Nielsen Soundscan reported in June 2010 that the album had sold 6,110,757 in the United States.[18
    ]

• Latin has 168 pronouns.

That is far too many pronouns.
  • maybe they are one of those bands that are really popular everywhere but here
  • Naney said:

maybe they are one of those bands that are really popular everywhere but here

Sorry, I thought you were saying they weren't a good band. If I'd realized you were just saying they weren't that popular I wouldn't have gone into that spiel. 
  • Every time i've seen them mentioned it has been in a negative light.
  • Naney said:

Every time i've seen them mentioned it has been in a negative light.

Wait, really? When have you seen them mentioned, exactly? No offense, but you have a negative opinion on a lot of things that are critically acclaimed.
  • Why would i take offense to that?

Several times when talking with friends, one of whom listened to a fair amount of ska, idk
  • also to clarify i have never listened to Sublime and do not intend to change that any time soon
  • also to clarify i have never listened to Sublime and do not intend to change that any time soon
    That's kind of silly, considering that it would only take three minutes to change that. Here, I'll even spare you the need to actually find a song:
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I don't really like Sublime either.

Also, is that an actual cover Time Magazine published? If so, wow ... just wow.
    Nope

Note the Helvetica

Time does not use Helvetica, IIRC, just Franklin Gothic (a digitization of the original for the heaviest weight, ITC's version for anything lighter)
  • I have heard nothing about Sublime that makes me want to push that play button.
  • Naney said:

I have heard nothing about Sublime that makes me want to push that play button.

...so? It's three minutes. You can cut down on that by skipping the twenty five second intro. I don't understand why you're so adamant about not listening to it.
    Sublime is not likely to be Naney's kind of music,

I would guess, based on his, uh, track record
  • well:

* i'm in the middle of listening to a thing i like

* everything i have heard about them so far indicates that i will not like that song
  • Naney said:

well:

* i'm in the middle of listening to a thing i like

* everything i have heard about them so far indicates that i will not like that song

Still, though, if someone recommended something to me like that I'd listen to it out of politeness at the very least.
    Well, I'm listening to it, finding it fairly OK
  • edited 2013-05-10 01:17:11
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'm also listening to it now. It's pretty unremarkable reggae-tinged pop-rock to me.
  • edited 2013-05-10 01:18:02

ok fine

i got one minute 13 seconds in before i had to turn it off

i liked the prominence of the bass in the mix
  • Naney said:

ok fine

i got one minute 13 seconds in before i had to turn it off

i liked the prominence of the bass in the mix

Thank you for at least trying to listen to it.
  • you are welcome
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Naney said:

Heh.

I like Sublime, but I'll go on record that branding them "ska" seems a bit of a stretch even if you're going to call it "punk ska" or "third wave ska". They're pretty much just an alternative band that likes to cover/copy the sound of Reggie.
  • edited 2013-05-10 02:05:24
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Also, I've decided Ponies are still awesome despite a lack-luster third season and am ready for more. I'd prefer the series end on a high note instead of...whatever the hell season 3 was.

I rule you.
  • Justice42 said:

Also, I've decided Ponies are still awesome despite a lack-luster third season and am ready for me. I'd prefer the series end on a high note instead of...whatever the hell season 3 was.

4th season ends in a pony singularity, all the ponies converge into one gigantic pony intelligence and tear across the pony-galaxy destroying energy with friendship.
  • edited 2013-05-10 01:40:21
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ^^doubt it

^doubt it
  • "Hasbro: Oh btw, there's a 5th season"

Why Fuuu!
  • ^^doubt it

^doubt it

Why are you Robin Williams tonight?
  • edited 2013-05-10 01:51:19
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

I don't mind there potentially being a 5th season if we cam at return to a quality that's at least on par with season 1.

^^doubt it

^doubt it

Why are you Robin Williams tonight?
    because Nicolas Cage was taken
  • edited 2013-05-10 02:05:02
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Justice42 said:

Also, I've decided Ponies are still awesome despite a lack-luster third season and am ready for more. I'd prefer the series end on a high note instead of...whatever the hell season 3 was.

Heh, I hit this point a little while after the season ended. I realized that the characters and the world they live in are still something I can let my imagination run away with, even if I didn't think the latest episodes were all that great.

There's still a lot they can do with the show. Hell, when one the major baddies is a shape changer, there's a ton of potential material there.

...Still mad that Trixie didn't refer to herself in the third person last time she was on the show, though. >:(