The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2013-02-10 07:21:09
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I'm sure glad this sign exists, because I never would have worked that out on my own.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Heh.

Bluegrass Parkway is a cool road name, though.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Those are some nice Tracts of Road.
    She's got huge... tracts of land.
    </imi>
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I don't usually say this, but that accent is dead sexy. Not sure why. I think it's the guttural r-rolling.

Still haven't gotten around to watching the next few episodes of Bokurano yet.
  • edited 2013-02-10 07:31:16
    I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    a8 said:

She's got huge... tracts of land.

I said Road for a reason. :P

Man, stop being such a Roadblocker.
    There's a roadblock down the way
    Thick with soldiers night and day
    They'll hear the noise all the way to Glengarry
  • hey Sredni you should dl this Caretaker album.
    stop snickering at the back
  • edited 2013-02-10 07:37:38
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

I don't usually say this, but that accent is dead sexy. Not sure why. I think it's the guttural r-rolling.

Aye.

French accents really *can* be sexy, whether or not their memetic status is exaggerated.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'd never really given it much thought, but I suppose "Bluegrass Parkway" is a pretty cool name.

I took that photo back in July of 2011 on I-75...

Other Kentucky oddities from the same trip:

Sign for a "Truck Rest Haven", which is in fact just a regular weigh station, but one that allows you to park your truck overnight. (The sign at the weigh station itself, which I didn't get a photo of because it went by too fast, seemed to have Comic Sans)

PEGAMASUS (not really an oddity but included because I like pegasi)

• Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    so i decided to watch [S] Jade: Wake Up before going to bed

dear god my dreams will be filled with horrorterrors
  • edited 2013-02-10 07:54:42
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ FLORENCE Y'ALL is still my favourite.

^ Don't be ridiculous.  They are not as dreadful as they look.  In fact, they are quite helpful if you know how to talk to them!

Good night.
  • this is the best page on this site

also apparently it's a riddle but I don't really get it.

Reminds me of the Bermuda triangle but beyond that i have no idea.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The music from Myststuck is in my head
    Is that Rain or Ruins (With Strings)?  i can't remember if Myststuck refers to both or just the one.
    I don't know what it's called

Also tiredness had hit me to the point that I'm struggling to keep my tablet in my hand

Bed & sleeping may need to be in my immediate future.
    Good night.
    Heapers and time zones.
    Selfless, tumblrlessly snarked-out snug points and good, match-assured Internets are no kid for a blasted side at your sarcasm, timer.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Good morning, everyone. How are things?
    Good mornternoon, Professor G.

Things have thingness which is the essence of things, if you believe that.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Really? There's a thing?! Gotta go get the thing!

It goes ding when there's stuff.

On a less wonderposty note, I'd like to do something like the 30 day Pokémon challenge on my tumblr, but I feel like I shouldn't until we learn more about Generation VI. I almost feel like it would be unfair to comment on the starters while we know Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie exist and not much else.
    Can't you just do the first five gens?
  • there Bobby.

I wrote a short story

are u happy now

do u see what u did

i am happy Mojave.

i'm so happy i could fly into space and destroy the patriarchal paradigm with a laser beam!
    like, after lunch
  • I think you are severely sleep deprived, my good sir.
    A bass slandre!

Later.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    hey
  • In an average parking lot, you will have the average persons to maintain it. Pavers, painters and other folks who bring their inspection checklists. But there's one you may not have seen. The legendary order of the Asphalmancers. These men and women perform their jobs in secret, in the late hours of the night when only the graveyard shift of the 7-11 are on duty. They bring with them the devices and objects of mystical inclination, such as enchanted 2-liter bottles and glitter of infinite darkness. With these tools in hand, they have their purpose: To appease the gods of the parking lot and bring another day of successful parking.
    To begin their ritual, these Asphalmancers will uncap their enchanted bottles, and sprinkle the divine liquid onto the pavement below. This liquid can consist of many things, depending on the lot in question. This diviner has heard reports of black water from the Abyssinian lagoons, fresh water from the fountains of Pasadena, or diet coke from the very department store the parking lot leads to. Whichever liquid they use, it must be dispensed in each corner of the lot.
    If proper procedure has been followed, the next ritual phase may begin. The performance of this stage depends on many variables, such as the lot size, shape, temperature, temperament, or the mood of the Asphalmancer. They may decide to take all vehicles which received parking tickets over the day and bless them, or perhaps create an offering of the lots preferred deli meats and foodstuffs.
    At the next break of dawn, these sorcerers and sorceresses must return to their domiciles, and await word from their local magistic magistrate as to whether they achieved success. If they fail, dire consequences may result. Some vehicles resting within the lot may be mysteriously keyed by unknowable dark forces, while others may see their windows dinged by unseen force. Such is the wrath of unfettered and enraged parking lot gods.
    So if you ever skulk to a convenient grocer in the low hours of night and see a man in a wizard outfit sprinkling expired lime soda on the ground while performing strange motions, do not see him as a figure to be pitied, but as a hero. Give them your appreciation, or perhaps join them as they try to keep the lot safe for another business day.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

this is the best page on this site

also apparently it's a riddle but I don't really get it.

I love that it's labeled "safe" despite the fatalities. 

Like someone looked at the report and went "Jesus Christ guys, it's just a grocery bag in a bunch of sand, people die wile dirt-biking and boating all the time" but didn't have any clearance to do more than that.
  • "Safe" just means "as long as you don't poke it, no one will die".
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Fair enough.

I do like that they attempted to take the bag and freaked out when they discovered a hole in it caused the sand inside to slip out.
  • hey Sredni you should dl this Caretaker album.

which caretaker album?? caretaker is pretty cool, i think, sometimes, though you sometimes get people crying about "but he uses a bunch of preset effects ;_;" but eh i think it sounds good so idc really

and stuff like theoretically pure anterograde amnesia actually has cool enough artistic intentions behind it.

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Only in the Southwest.
  • Man, how do you address fanmail to a webcomic artist?

Is it Mr. North? Ryan? Doctor President? Guy who writes that comic I like? ...YOU???
    The Esteemed Mr. North, Author of a Most Excellent Webcomic
    I'm an awakewoman now

Don't know if I'll stay that way, but it's worth a shot
    It is too late.  i must eat.

You know what would be super cool?  If you could just... stop time, and not age in that time, but freely move around and do stuff, and retain memories, muscle and nutrients acquired in that time.  Kind of like Bernard's Watch.

As it is, i put things off like meals because i haven't done everything i need to, and then i end up skipping meals and still not accomplishing everything i planned.