The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• a8 said:

Kexruct said:

i don't know, it had kind of a whimsical feel.  A lot of online writing seems very self-conscious, whereas yours seemed more carefree.  And your ideas were creative which made me think.

eh.

I just have a hard time believing anyone really wanted to read weird short stories about a nudist superhero.

I liked the thing you did with the plastic katana. You should continue that. Desert settings are cool.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Nudist superhero?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    @ CA: i think your idea has promise, and i'd be interested to read it.  It did make me think of Gravity Falls, but i don't think it would have to resemble that show all that closely, depending on the execution.
    Kexruct said:

I haven't seen enough of Doctor Who to know, but I'd say it's quite a few steps down from Alternia in terms of how fantastical it is. If you've ever played any of the Elder Scrolls games, that's sort of what I'm aiming for.

Hence the 'arguably'. Marinus is a little more normal, but with occasional weird things like a sea of acid or killer foliage.

i know the Elder Scrolls, although i haven't played Morrowind so your analogy was kind of lost on me.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-02-10 04:30:39
    So Rayman Legends is coming out for the PS3 in 6 months, but the Wii U version got delayed to that point too. (It was supposed to be out for Wii U on the 26th of this month, so the game's obviously gone gold by now.)

Sucks for Wii U owners, but fantastic for me. The birthday list is already forming, it seems.
    i used to be really into the Rayman games

sometimes i miss gaming
  • Dang. Maybe try Civ 5, Fouria?
  • a8 said:

Kexruct said:

I haven't seen enough of Doctor Who to know, but I'd say it's quite a few steps down from Alternia in terms of how fantastical it is. If you've ever played any of the Elder Scrolls games, that's sort of what I'm aiming for.

Hence the 'arguably'. Marinus is a little more normal, but with occasional weird things like a sea of acid or killer foliage.

i know the Elder Scrolls, although i haven't played Morrowind so your analogy was kind of lost on me.
    I tried to Google an image of Morrowind to show you how it looks, but I couldn't find anything good. Maybe you could look up a gameplay video?
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-02-10 04:38:23
    I got hooked on Rayman after seeing a preview of Origins at E3 2011, though I already had played Rabbids prior to that. Finally bought Origins on Groundhog Day, and I've been kinda Ray-crazy since (see signature).

Origins and Jungle Run are hella addicting, BTW. Hence why the delay is a punch in the face to anyone who bought a Wii U for Legends. Ah well.

Dang. Maybe try Civ 5, Fouria?

That's a turn-based strategy, right?  i was always more into action adventure games.

Alice: Madness Returns is on the shelf directly in front of me, taunting me with my inability to play it since my brother is the one with a PS3.
  • Crash at his place. Problem solved.
  • ^^It is.

Well, I dunno...maybe try some freeware games?
  • edited 2013-02-10 04:45:31
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    He's over in England, though.  i'll see him over Easter, that's not long now.

Morrowind looks very, um, 'real is brown'.

^ i've occasionally been playing Imi's game, Black Candles.  i'm not very good.
  • I wouldn't say that. I mean, c'mon, giant mushrooms.

I'd say it's more "grim is brown," because that was a very bleak game.
    That makes sense.  Alice is similar in that respect.  Well, more the first game.

i'm getting impatient with the amount of time people on Youtube are spending in menu screens.
  • edited 2013-02-10 04:52:17
    BTW i appreciate the efforts to get me back into gaming, but honestly, the truth is that when i do have the opportunity to play games, i don't play them for very long anymore.  i'm just not as into it as i used to be.
  • hey a8

are you a rook
    ...as in the chess piece?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know, I had a dream the other night in which I was playing some obscure video game in which "a8" was the name of a character and I was all like "oh, that's where Bobby got that from!"

This was confusing as fuck a day or so later, when I had the memory of that but had forgotten it was a dream. I was like, "wait, what was 'a8' from again?"
  • a8 said:

Imi has a game?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    spinor said:

a8 said:

Imi has a game?

a8 was from my brain.

Imi's game.
    i was ninja'd.
    Huh.

I am awful at the majority of video and computer games, with the exception of certain puzzle games (Riven).
  • Kexruct said:

a8 said:

Kexruct said:

i don't know, it had kind of a whimsical feel.  A lot of online writing seems very self-conscious, whereas yours seemed more carefree.  And your ideas were creative which made me think.

eh.

I just have a hard time believing anyone really wanted to read weird short stories about a nudist superhero.

I liked the thing you did with the plastic katana. You should continue that. Desert settings are cool.
    I don't even remember what I was going to do with that.

Nudist superhero?

Yes.
  • edited 2013-02-10 05:03:08

Kexruct said:

a8 said:

Kexruct said:

eh.

Do something different with it then.
    Kexruct said:

D'oh, i am dense.

Sure, why not?

I am awful at the majority of video and computer games

Same.  Always was, too, even when it was my main interest.
  • Kexruct said:

Kexruct said:

a8 said:

Kexruct said:

eh.

Do something different with it then.
    why don't you do something with it if you want the story written so bad
  • i already have a lot of stuff on my plate as it is

besides

i was just encouraging you to write
    Speaking of stories, nobody had any thoughts on my idea?

Not even a 'Dear God a8, don't you dare write that drivel'?
  • a8 said:

Speaking of stories, nobody had any thoughts on my idea?

Not even a 'Dear God a8, don't you dare write that drivel'?

write a book about a nautilus i'm sorry i'm tired
    Kexruct said:

i already have a lot of stuff on my plate as it is

besides

i was just encouraging you to write

i've kinda devoted myself full time to music at this point

sorta over the half-assedly trying to do everything thing.

• edited 2013-02-10 05:07:04
    ^^What was your idea again? I don't feel like looking over the last page.
    a8 said:

i've been kind of mulling over an idea for a 1001 nights type story, involving tropes, metafiction, gender flipping and some minor characters from another project who started to take on a life of their own.  i have a feeling this might be a bad idea though

a8 said:

...if i did write a story featuring a troperesque character and posted it here, would that be liable to piss people off?

but a nautilus might be a better plan idk

i think i may be in this stage, if it's like a stage
    a8 said:

i think i may be in this stage, if it's like a stage

well some people can do more than one thing.

i think most of the other stuff I was doing was either just to fiddle around or because I just sort of liked the idea of doing them

i actually enjoy my own music even if no one else does. so, that's what i wanted to do most.

i just... don't know what i want to do, really.
  • a8 said:

i just... don't know what i want to do, really.

that anyone does is a myth, imo
  • well I just got followed by two hentai bots on tumblr and accidentally clicked on one and now I have an number of unpleasant images burned into my brain.

I feel nauseous.

• edited 2013-02-10 05:15:51
    ^^ Well, maybe.

But some people seem to be able to motivate themselves to the point of doing *something* at least.

^ Ouch.  Uh.  Brain bleach?

This is strange, but I like it. What is it?
  • a8 said:

^ Ouch.  Uh.  Brain bleach?

A band-aid for a severed hand, but thank you regardless.

This is strange, but I like it. What is it?
    idk something I found from someone who said they found it on tumblr.
    Ah, yes, just Googled the name. What a strange person.
    is it time to stop paying attention to reality now
    Every day.
    Why did you start?