The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Kexruct said:

I don't think he really disliked anyone here though.

Can't really think of reason why he would be
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-02-09 16:10:11
    So I'm at church watching their screening of Left Behind.

Seems a bit heavy-handed in its approach to try to preach to us, and as a result most of the movie seems gaudy.

I haven't read the books though, but still, I'm just kind of unconvinced by it.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Mom: Hey, we bought you the first issue of that new My Little Pony comic!
    Me: Ooh, cool! Thanks!
    Dad: And I bought your mom a T-shirt with superheroes on it, 'cause it looks like something Sheldon would wear on The Big Bang Theory!

Sigh...parents, in a nutshell.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The Left Behind books were preachy as hell too. There was also a board game!
  • Well. At least they got you covered fairly accurately.

Also whoa, one dude in the movie tried to do a Eastern-European accent and it was hoooorible.
  • 'lo, peeps

Power went out back in Palmerton, so I am at a McDonald's.

• TreTre
    edited 2013-02-09 16:16:10
    ...Board game? Oy vey.

Also, between this and my uncle's set of indie Christian books (which actually aren't that bad) I am never giving any of my characters the last name Steele.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    bbbbb even the POWER OUTAGES happen to everyone but me nowadays

why is my life so BORING
    also power outages reminded me of a dream I need to post in the dream thread

so thanks for that
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Wikipedia article for the final Left Behind book:

Buck and Chloe form a ministry known as Children of the Tribulation (COT), in the knowledge that these must be brought to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ before their one-hundredth year, or they shall die and go to Hell. The COT accomplish this mission by saying "Hey, you know Jesus is, like, right over there, right?" to which the unbelievers respond "Oh yeah," and are saved.
  • My life is probably more boring.

At least you live in the cooler Midwestern North Carolina. I'm stuck in the ennuous throes of East Coast North Carolina and it suuuuucks.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The fact that there are unbelievers in a series of books set after the Rapture always amused me. I mean, no matter what I think about deities, I'm sure as hell going to believe they exist if the Rapture happens!
    I don't live in North Carolina...(unless you were talking to someone else)
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Our power glitches overnight, apparently, but it also seemed to happen while I was asleep.
    Should I post my dream in the dream thread or on Tumblr?
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    yes

Also, should I get a canary to reflect my heritage?
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Why not go the mathematician's route and do both?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Mom: Hey, we bought you the first issue of that new My Little Pony comic!

Me: Ooh, cool! Thanks!
    Dad: And I bought your mom a T-shirt with superheroes on it, 'cause it looks like something Sheldon would wear on The Big Bang Theory!

Sigh...parents, in a nutshell.
    I want that My Little Pony comic :/

Should I post my dream in the dream thread or on Tumblr?

why not both
    Both it is, then!

Can you go to a comic book store, AU?
    there's one half an hour from the house but i'm hesitant to ask mother >_>
    Why?

Maybe if you're planning to go out that way for something else you could ask her to stop there as well.
    i just get nervous about that kind of thing

there don't seem to be any upcoming plans for that right now
  • TRAP ALL DAY AND I PLAY ALL NIGHT

THIS IS THE LIFE OF A

THE LIFE OF A

GO GETTA

GO-GO GETTA

nom nom nom peanut butter
  • Is it sad that I instantly recognized what song Mo was referencing just now?

</black>
  • not really, it was pretty popular when it came out and also I sampled it
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

The fact that there are unbelievers in a series of books set after the Rapture always amused me. I mean, no matter what I think about deities, I'm sure as hell going to believe they exist if the Rapture happens!

I was always a bit unnerved by the amount of tropers who claimed they'd remain sceptics no matter what because "it might just be a race of super advanced aliens".

Because when you have the technology to convice humans you're God, fucking with them is going to be your #1 priority.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Justice42 said:

I was always a bit unnerved by the amount of tropers who claimed they'd remain sceptics no matter what because "it might just be a race of super advanced aliens".

Because when you have the technology to convice humans you're God, fucking with them is going to be your #1 priority.
    Anyone remember that Everworld book where they refuse to sacrifice a baboon to a local God and get screwed over as a result, despite knowing that Gods exist and can fuck them over?

Because that book was bullshit.
  • I have an Everworld book. I never read it in full, but I was quite surprised to see that K.A. Applegate is actually a pretty good author.
  • Everworld is a relatively short series. I doubt ghostwriters were necessary.

Besides, she has JK Rowling's approval. I can't argue with that.
    Justice42 said:

See, my thought is...if they have technology so advanced that they can act in ways that we associate with gods, would there even be a functional difference?
    han solo
    jeff foxworthy
  • =w= is an adorable emoticon.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    THUD.
    Hi Imi

summer time
    Hi Anonononus, I wish it were summer time.

"THUD" was the sound of me collapsing in here after a 9 1/2-hour workday.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Welcome to the sun-drenched tropical paradise of Isle Delfino! We're so pleased to welcome you to our beautiful home! Come enjoy a natural wonderland to which we've added the world's finest resort facilities, a spectacular amusement park, and succulent seafood! This and more await you on Isle Delfino! Come relax, and let us refresh your body and spirit!
  • it's also the title of the new book by Charles Fort

author of such anthologies as Lo!

Hello Imi!
  • THUD.

the new book by Charles Fort

Kexruct said:

THUD.

the new book by Charles Fort

I started that one but never finished it.
    Hello CA.

You guys read weird shit. /hypocrite

Welcome to the sun-drenched tropical paradise of Isle Delfino! We're so pleased to welcome you to our beautiful home! Come enjoy a natural wonderland to which we've added the world's finest resort facilities, a spectacular amusement park, and succulent seafood! This and more await you on Isle Delfino! Come relax, and let us refresh your body and spirit!

Mario! How dare you disturb our family vacation!