The LGBT Thread

Comments

• "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Aren't you still a minor, CA? o_o
  • edited 2013-01-07 12:48:08
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    My hair also appears to be thinning. This does not please me.

CA is...22 I think?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm 22...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    really?

I thought you were closer to AU's age.
  • edited 2013-01-07 12:51:39
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Cream said:

I am simultaneously male, female, androgynous, straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, cisgendered, agendered, asexual, pansexual, questioning, and undecided.

So you're tumblr?
  • edited 2013-01-07 12:53:00
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • today I learned: The reason The Wachowskis are no longer The Wachowski Brothers is because one of them is MTF

In October 2012 Lana received the Human Rights Campaign's Visibility Award.[21] In her acceptance speech she revealed that she had considered committing suicide once in her youth. Lana's acceptance speech was one of the longest public appearances that either of the notoriously reclusive siblings has ever given. She began by explaining that while she and her brother had not publicly commented on her transitioning during the past decade of rumors about it, this was not because she was ashamed of it, nor had she kept it a secret from her family and friends. Rather, Lana had not commented about her transitioning due to a general shyness about the news media that both she and her brother Andy possess. Comparing it to losing one's virginity as an event which only happens once and is irreversible, the Wachowskis had tried to stay out of the public eye and avoided giving interviews due to fear of losing their personal privacy, fearing that they would never be able to go to a public restaurant again without being noticed and harassed as celebrities.[22]

really i dunno how i did not learn of this before 
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Yeah, as that points out, Lana only publicly came out a few months ago.
  • i know, but this is the sort of thing that i am usually up on

Yeah, as that points out, Lana only publicly came out a few months ago.

Huh really?

I thought she came out during the second matrix film
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    It's been rumored, at least, for quite a long time.
    Oh okay

Didn't Lana leave her wife for a prodomme?
  • Naney said:

today I learned: The reason The Wachowskis are no longer The Wachowski Brothers is because one of them is MTF

In October 2012 Lana received the Human Rights Campaign's Visibility Award.[21] In her acceptance speech she revealed that she had considered committing suicide once in her youth. Lana's acceptance speech was one of the longest public appearances that either of the notoriously reclusive siblings has ever given. She began by explaining that while she and her brother had not publicly commented on her transitioning during the past decade of rumors about it, this was not because she was ashamed of it, nor had she kept it a secret from her family and friends. Rather, Lana had not commented about her transitioning due to a general shyness about the news media that both she and her brother Andy possess. Comparing it to losing one's virginity as an event which only happens once and is irreversible, the Wachowskis had tried to stay out of the public eye and avoided giving interviews due to fear of losing their personal privacy, fearing that they would never be able to go to a public restaurant again without being noticed and harassed as celebrities.[22]

really i dunno how i did not learn of this before 

Why do I find this so surprising?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What was that all about?
    What was what all about?
  • What what in the posterior
  • I don't know what it even was, but I want to know what it was about.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    You mean the [Deleted User] thing? Cream left. It's a long story.
  • Dunno who Cream even was.
    Formerly SquiddleTron/Lumine/Frosty.
    Former heaper, a friend of mine really, who did not feel welcome here.
    I liked him, too. It's really quite unfortunate.
    ^^ There was more to it, but that did happen at one point.
  • I really want to come out to my parents and tell them I am a lesbian.

But my throat clams up when I go to tell them.

Cant you practice it beforehand?
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Have you considered saying it in a letter?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can sympathize. When I tried to come out to my family as trans, I would reach a point where I'd be right outside the room where they're standing, but I would lock up and find myself unable to speak.

This advice is likely not universal, but what worked for me was to just push myself through. It was painful for a few minutes right before, but after I was done...it was one of the happiest days of my life. I no longer had to try to hide who I really am.
  • Told my bestie, and she's fine with it. Hope my parents will be just as accepting.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    have you seen how they act when LGBT stuff is introduced on tv or in music?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    When I told Mother I was bisexual she thought it was because of CA.

She would not know of my true feelings for her for well over a year afterward, though
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    When I told Mother I was bisexual she thought it was because of Katy Goddamn Perry.

Never before have I wanted to punch a singer in the face.
  • edited 2013-01-22 19:11:04
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What Anonus neglected to mention in his post there is that his mother was correct. :P

(This was before I came out as trans, so as far as he knew I was a boy)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

What Anonus neglected to mention in his post there is that his mother was correct. :P

(This was before I came out as trans, so as far as he knew I was a boy)
    But you kept denying it to yourself...I thought you were okay with being referred to as male, though :/
    Oh, I'm not blaming you. If I'd been any further in denial I'd have ended up in Egypt.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Viani said:

Tools said:

I really want to come out to my parents and tell them I am a lesbian.

But my throat clams up when I go to tell them.

Use subliminal messages.
    show them this gif and ask them if they see anything "unusual" in it. tell them it's a psychological test.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Heh.
  • Need advice on how to come out...

A further poll carried out by ComRes
    for the campaigning organisation Coalition for Marriage of LGBT voters
    found that 64% across the north believed that "David Cameron is trying
    to extend marriage to LGBT people to make his party look more
    compassionate rather than because of his convictions".

With the
    quest for more northern seats as difficult as it has ever been for the
    Tories, the same-sex marriage image has revealed a dangerous trend for
    the PM. Cameron may be pushing an issue that the north generally
    supports, but he's not being given the benefit of the doubt, with voters
    concluding that it's all politics and little conviction. Number 10 is
    in a difficult position right now, one for which there may be no
    prospect of recovery.

I love being a Northerner some times.

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    As we all know, the best way to get votes is to annoy a huge chunk of your voters.

As we all know, the best way to get votes is to annoy a huge chunk of your voters.

not just that but alienating people who might vote for you :p
    You know, I've found I have more in common with the women in my family than the men.

For some reason this surprises me.
    Why would that surprise you?
    Well, it's like...my mother, my sister, and I all sorta fill the same role within our circles of friends, while my dad and brother kinda take a passive role in their friendships.
    Can anyone really claim to be pro-equality if they are opposed to gay marriage and happily admit they supported Section 28?