The LGBT Thread

Comments

• I find it odd that women can say "it was just a phase" but men can't.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Honestly, I've always heard that as a fairly gender neutral thing.
    And I've heard it especially in regard to bisexuals

Which is dumb and irritating because bi-erasure shouldn't be a thing
  • Naney said:

Kexruct said:

It's weird being a minority.

Indeed.

I remember the first time it hit me "I'm in a minority group."

It was indeed weird.

i didnt actually experience this

though this was probably because of the fact that white people are actually a minority in my area, so i have always been one. and i can understand kexruct in that being in a place where youre a minority, when just about everywhere else you would be the majority, is sort of an odd situation.

• and yeah ive known guys who have done the 'phase' thing, whether it is actually a phase or not. though i have never known a guy who thought he was totally gay and then decided it was a phase: always with bisexual guys. in some cases the attraction to women has been the phase and they decide they are totally gay

but then again i kinda ascribe to my boyfriends view wherein he says everyone is pretty much bisexual in the widest sense of the term, but is happy to describe himself as gay because he likes guys more. so people describing themselves as 'gay' or 'straight' indicates more of a preference than a liking only for one gende, and people shouldnt be surprised if every so often their 'gay' friend gets off with a girl or their 'straight' friend decides he likes a guy. if you genuinely have no particular preference go ahead and call yourself bi, but i think most people, even those who do call themselves bi, have a preference to some degree.

personally i let people call me what they want and dont call myself much of anything. if i am interested in you i will let you know by saying i am interested in you. if youre interested in me, dont ask if im gay or straight or whatever, ask me if i am interested in you. because you as an individual are the most important factor, not whether you have a cock or tits.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'll be honest: part of the reason I was in denial about being transgender for so long was that I didn't believe that I could belong to such a small minority.

It's like, yeah, there are some people who are transgender, but I can't possibly be one of them, right? That would imply that I'm special and we all know that can't be true.
  • I'll be honest: part of the reason I was in denial about being transgender for so long was that I didn't believe that I could belong to such a small minority.

It's like, yeah, there are some people who are transgender, but I can't possibly be one of them, right? That would imply that I'm special and we all know that can't be true.
    that was kinda like me

but only like i couldn't be like all kinky and gay, because like what's the probability of that?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That too, to an extent.

I can't possibly be both autistic and transgender; clearly that means I'm just applying labels to myself because I want to be a special snowflake.
  • edited 2012-12-26 22:14:35

(*Pulls out a sheet of labels and sticks them to centie's forehead*)

Muahahahahaa
    but then again i kinda ascribe to my boyfriends view wherein he says everyone is pretty much bisexual in the widest sense of the term, but is happy to describe himself as gay because he likes guys more. so people describing themselves as 'gay' or 'straight' indicates more of a preference than a liking only for one gende, and people shouldnt be surprised if every so often their 'gay' friend gets off with a girl or their 'straight' friend decides he likes a guy. if you genuinely have no particular preference go ahead and call yourself bi, but i think most people, even those who do call themselves bi, have a preference to some degree.

I somewhat agree with this point of view, actually. Just the thought that everyone is more bisexual than they realize and have a tendency to label themselves partially based off of what they like more and partially based off of societal pressure
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

I somewhat agree with this point of view, actually. Just the thought that everyone is more bisexual than they realize and have a tendency to label themselves partially based off of what they like more and partially based off of societal pressure

Yes, I think that is true. Many people have a tendency to think that feeling one way the majority of the time means that they cannot or should not feel another way, so they identify themselves with one group or the other without accepting that the reality of the individual is rarely so exclusive or simple. They think that they have to be easy to define so that others will accept them, and in doing so attempt to erase aspects of themselves. It's really quite sad.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Viani said:

my friend is an ex-gay. Is that possible?

They could be bi-sexual.
  • edited 2012-12-27 14:59:25
    Yes, I think that is true. Many people have a tendency to think that
    feeling one way the majority of the time means that they cannot or
    should not feel another way, so they identify themselves with one group
    or the other without accepting that the reality of the individual is
    rarely so exclusive or simple. They think that they have to be easy to
    define so that others will accept them, and in doing so attempt to erase
    aspects of themselves. It's really quite sad.
    I agree.

Honestly, as far as sexuality goes, I really think there should be no sexuality labels; it should just be sexuality. Because, well, many times, sexual drives/preferences change or are not quite as onesided as people think and, at the same time many people kind of just have the same sexual desire/drive most of their lives. Like Mojave, I thought I was asexual in high school; really, I had no sex drive/desire for awhile. For me, I guess you could say it was a "phase" but not every person who identifies as asexual will have this happen.

People get really caught up on labels and, as far as sexuality is concerned, I think it's bad to have them because people feel obligated to use them and you'll have people being "fake" or whatever but they may have genuinely felt those sexual feelings for awhile but genuinely do not anymore. And some of those who are "Real" of that sexuality feel very protective of their label, which, to be fair, makes quite a bit of sense. Especially, if your told your sexual preference is just a phase or not real at all ever. But, some people's (and I think more than a minority) sexualities is just sort of flux and it's hard to define that easily.

But, there are probably a million reasons why there should be labels and taking away labels is bad and stealing individuality, etc. I'm not sure my above arguments makes any sense. And hopefully it does not come off as offensive because that's not what I am aiming for.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes I get that feeling where I just don't really want anything to do with anyone sexually ever.

It's rather odd.
  • HA HA TOO LATE YOU ALREADY HAVE
    curse you, naney

curse you and your sexy body
  • quickly, I need detailed fullbody descriptions of Naney and Bunny.

For

um

research purposes. Yes. Research.

Dude, you're not like trying to score with both of us or something, are you?

because that can be arranged
  • Dude, you're not like trying to score with both of us or something, are you?

because that can be arranged
    Me? Why that would be ridiculous.

absolutely

• My body is very boney.
  • I'm not supposed to but sometimes I think it would be nice to date a guy and not be a dirty old bag of bones. I guess this makes me a gay reaper.
  • That isn't how gay works and you know it.
  • edited 2012-12-28 05:46:57
    Gee, thanks for reminding me.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "Orange Blood for Lesbians"

Oh wow

Transgender and Transsexual are separate caterogies
    Some people do draw a distinction between "transgender" and "transsexual", though exactly what that distinction is seems to depend on who you talk to.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    :33 > i have green blood!
    I have green, blue and purple blood apparently.

Not sure how that's supposed to work...
    I has orange blood instead of green.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    i also have green blood
    My blood is bright yellow
  • Cream said:

Someone who pretends to be gay I think?

to be more specific, generally a chick who flirts with girls because dudes think lesbians are hot
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    lol
    I tried that once.

Then I realized that most gay guys don't get turned on when I make out with girls.
    I am NOT a whale penis!
  • edited 2012-12-30 20:53:10
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    boobgay