The LGBT Thread

Comments

• Naney said:

Cream said:

Someone who pretends to be gay I think?

to be more specific, generally a chick who flirts with girls because dudes think lesbians are hot
    So a thespian lesbian?
  • edited 2012-12-31 15:10:39
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ G'zactly.

So, according to this logic, if I paint the walls in my own blood, they should be fluorescent green... and yet, they are merely a muddy brown.

I am disappointed.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Try it again.

You need a couple of coats before the color shines through.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    *sigh*

OK, I'll get the wakizashi...
  • ...Would "tomboy" be classified as a gender? Because if it is that's what I am right now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I doubt anyone here would be terribly offended if you identified as that though.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I'm still trying to work out what Green/Blue/Purple blood looks like. Octarine?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    maybe it's striped
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I find it somewhat telling that these are actually the least depressing numbers I've seen for these particular statistics.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    They're from 2011...

Maybe things are getting better?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm beginning to suspect I'm terrible at interpreting statistics.

Because, you see, they included "Homeless 20%" to show how disproportionate the rate of homelessness among trans people is compared to the rate of homelessness among the US population as a whole

But instead my mind interprets it as "80% chance I'll be okay? Sound good to me!"
    Also I'm not very good at this black humor stuff.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    That's actually worse than I thought it would be.
  • I really hope you'll be the 59%, CA.
  • edited 2013-01-01 15:27:55
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^ That's an awkward way of putting it, and not entirely true given the mechanics of depression, but I agree that I don't see Centie as being the kind of person to come to that point...

And even if you did, you'd have people who could keep you from going over that ledge. hat's more than many people can say.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I'm not sure I've ever referred to the likes of Seatle and Portland the "deeper northwest areas of America."

Makes it sound like we're some unsavory liberal hangout and if you trek far enough into our towns you'll see strange bearded men playing haunting melodies on their instruments.  

...God damnit it.
    I wonder if I'd be happier there. I mean, I'm not LGBT, but still
  • edited 2013-01-03 01:24:54
    "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    ^^ Portlandia is a documentary!

Portland is about as liberal as it comes (if that's your thing), and there's no sales tax. Lots of restaurants, great public transit, lots of breweries.

The downsides are that it's not very clean, the roads and sidewalks seem to be under construction constantly, the roads are confusing if you're driving. Also, the weather is kinda crappy unless you like grey skies and rain. Also, I wouldn't call it an attractive city.

Seattle gets around a lot of the problems but does have sales tax and costs more to live in in general.
  • Portland is about as liberal as it comes (if that's your thing), and there's no sales tax. Lots of restaurants, great public transit, lots of breweries.

The downsides are that it's not very clean, the roads and sidewalks seem to be under construction constantly, the roads are confusing if you're driving. Also, the weather is kinda crappy unless you like grey skies and rain. Also, I wouldn't call it an attractive city.
    sounds sweet.
    Road construction is fun to look at, I love rain, and I already live in Grey Sky Country, USA to begin with.

So it sounds like I'd like Portland! ^_^

Oh Anonus...pack your Oregon bags...
  • edited 2013-01-03 02:24:59
    "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Could you two afford to at least visit?
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Given airline routes, I wouldn't think a Columbus <-> Denver flight to be too expensive at all
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Guise, I haev some good news.

According to some Catholic iPaper, the only reason why British people are in support of gay marriage is because less people describe themselves as a Christian.
    seems legit.

seems legit.

It is, just that the primary source is behind a paywall.

Also this

• "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Good news for Anglo-Catholics there.
    Gilda said:

Good news for Anglo-Catholics there.

They need it because no one likes those turncoats.
  • seems legit.

It is, just that the primary source is behind a paywall.

Also this

Ugh.

• Makes
    it sound like we're some unsavory liberal hangout and if you trek far
    enough into our towns you'll see strange bearded men playing haunting
    melodies on their instruments.  

Well, they used to be strange women but bearded men is what they enjoy being referred to as. They play really good instruments, you should visit them sometimes.
    do you ever wish you were just a plain old gay man

because that would be "easier" or something
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I wish I were just a lesbian
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Oh, sometimes I think it would be easier if I were just a straight guy. Or hell, a straight girl.

But I like who I am and I'm not gonna try to change it.

I wish I were just a lesbian
    >.>

<.<

...sorry...
    sometimes I wish I were a lesbian

this is problematic on many levels
  • being a lesbian sounds cool

they get way more awesomer stereotypes than gay guys do :P
    ^^ Well, you're not alone, at least.

And I'm in a committed relationship with a man!
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

I wish I was a lesbian...

... hooray, hooray.

In Lesbos land I'll take my stand

To live and die a lesbian.

Also, Imi, you would make a good lesbian.
    Thank you.

Honestly, I find it more appealing to imagine myself in a lesbian relationship than as a man with a girlfriend.

...I don't know why that is.
    I'd say "I can understand that" but then again that seems like a "no duh" coming from Miss Trans McTransypants
    I think I'm goinf bald, which is annoying
  • The sadness will last forever.
    What does that have to with this thread
    Two Face said:

What does that have to with this thread

Because in my mind, trans women aren't supposed to be going bald?
    Me too. -_-

A friend told me that getting on hormones will help stop the hair loss and I can get surgery to fix my thinning hairline later, so that's my tentative plan because...*shrug*