The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    That is a great Beatle song, yes

Well, I'm going to bedddddddddddd
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Good night then, Imi.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Night night Imiman
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • The sadness will last forever.
    rezuban
    eirin sama, eirin sama~
  • Free periods all morning /)^3^(\
    Awesomeness
  • And then I go home at lunch time.

Therapy today. I hope she won't be mad at me for being too scared to find a school counsellor.

• Crap, I passed out again.
  • D:

What happened? Are you okay?

• Oh, don't worry. I'm just mad because I went home and fell asleep almost immediately.
  • Oh, phew. As long as you are safe.
  • Thanks. You stay safe too, Tools.
  • I'll try
  • I was just doodling because I was bored, and I ended up drawing what looks like a girl with a Japanese hair style wearing a goth style shirt with a long frilly skirt with a small maid apron to catch the blood of the people she kills.

I am a mentally disturbed individual

• Use her in a dark comedy or something.
  • She brutally murders people, but the only form of protection against the blood spatters is a small frilly apron that doesn't cover much. And she had a red and pink dotty bow in her hair.
  • Lot of potential for comedy there.
  • You think so?
  • edited 2013-02-06 05:21:19
    Oh, definitely.
  • edited 2013-02-06 05:23:20
    ಠ_ಠ

:3

I try and do things like this, but it never gets anywhere. I need to work on the exams and crap, but I also want to write crap...

In the end, I just end up with a massive headache

friendship is complicated sometimes
    at least vector word problems have concrete answers

there don't seem to be many textbooks i could look to for friendship advice
  • at least vector word problems have concrete answers

there don't seem to be many textbooks i could look to for friendship advice

read the green flag of all nations over the haberdashery of the gods

praise lord zuce.

Thought: Get a composition book, write "DEAR PRINCESS CELESTIA" on the front, then every time I have an experience that teaches me something about social interaction, write a pager or two about it in the book.

Follow-up thought: God that's pathetic.
  • I don't think it's pathetic :3
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Hey
    hi
    whoa, i need to brush up on my geography.
    Tools said:

I don't think it's pathetic :3

Thanks...
    Two Face said:

whoa, i need to brush up on my geography.

Why is that?
    long story
    Okay

Also is it bad that when I saw the statement, "The UK is going to be the next Sodom and Gomorrah" I thought "Wow, are the Tory welfare cuts really that bad?"
  • Been set a research project to do :D
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    "The UK is going to be the next Sodom and Gomorrah"
    I'm going to turn into salt? But I don't wanna be salt. :<
  • edited 2013-02-06 10:04:49
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

"The UK is going to be the next Sodom and Gomorrah"
    I'm going to turn into salt? But I don't wanna be salt. :<
    Tough, the Tories have set us down on that path according to the Bible.

Firstly by creating a FYGM mentality, then closing off the country to immigrants and now allowing gay marriage.

In thousands of years, this whole region is going to be a salt lake

Spoiler:
    Obviously, I am engaging in hyperbole

• My dreams exceed my real life

One of my pet ideas is the Jock/Nerd Theory of History. If you're reading this, you probably got a taste of it during your K-12 education, when your high grades and book smarts somehow failed to put you at the top of the social pyramid. Jocks ruled the school. If the nerds were lucky, they did the jocks' homework in exchange for decent treatment.

According to the Jock/Nerd Theory of History, most historical human societies bore a striking resemblance to K-12 education. In primitive tribes, for instance, the best hunters are on top. If the village brain knows what's good for him, he keeps his mouth shut if the best hunter says something stupid. The rise of civilization gave the nerds a better deal, but as long as almost everyone worked in agriculture, brawn continued to pay well.

But then something amazing happened: Nerds got enough breathing room to develop and implement amazing wealth-producing ideas. The process fed on itself, devaluing physical ability and elevating mental ability. Nerds built the modern world - and won handsome financial rewards in the process. (Yes, I'm painting with broad strokes, but bear with me).

With the Jock/Nerd theory firmly in mind, this sentence takes on a deeper meaning:

We don't take steps to redress inequalities of looks, friends, or sex life.
    Notice: For financial success, the main measure where nerds now excel, governments make quite an effort to equalize differences. But on other margins of social success, where many nerds still struggle, laissez-faire prevails.

It's suspicious - and if you combine the Jock/Nerd Theory with some evolutionary psych, it makes sense. When the best hunter in the tribe gets rich, his neighbors will probably ask nicely for a share, if they dare to ask at all. But if the biggest nerd in the tribe gets rich, how long will it take before the jocks show up and warn him that "You'd better share and share alike"?

Punchline: Through the lens of the Jock/Nerd Theory of History, the welfare state doesn't look like a serious effort to "equalize outcomes." It looks more like a serious effort to block the "revenge of the nerds" - to keep them from using their financial success to unseat the jocks on every dimension of social status.

P.S. If any jocks are reading this, please don't hurt me! I'll do your homework!

• strophe

antistrophe

epode
  • Naney said:

strophe

antistrophe

apostrophe

catastrophe

• The UK is going to be the next Sodom and Gomorrah

awesome
  • We're performing a piece by John Cage in my choir class at school.

It already sounds weird. But that's what makes it cooooool.

Fuck the Tories
    England's dreaming
    Slept until noon, that's a bad sign.