The official Justice and King Friday have a frickin' baby thread.

Comments

• When I was a baby, I once projectile vomited into my mother's mouth. Then I apparently laughed.

really dude, the being me thing has to stop

it's weird
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    OK, now it's getting bizarre... but kind of amusing. Kind of.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Lain is a bit of a sadist (she often laughs at her parent's misfortune), but she very rarely throws up her food. And it's never been THAT bad.

My nephew throws up his food unless he is burped properly all the time, or so I've been told.

Forgot I nabbed a pick of these, these where up in the blood testing lab:

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Isn't "psycho cat" a redundant phrase, really?
  • Isn't "psycho cat" a redundant phrase, really?

speaking from my expert position, yes
  • edited 2012-11-07 23:55:26
    BEEFCAKE
    Laila in her Goblin King luring outfit.

Just before this she had a bath in which I'm pretty sure that bathing her in the alphabet was somehow assimilated into her system.  
    Laila is now fluent in the following languages:
    • Afrikaans
    • Albanian
    • Aragonese
    • Asturian
    • Azeri
    • Basque
    • Boholano
    • Breton
    • Catalan
    • Cebuano
    • Cornish
    • Corsican
    • Croatian
    • Czech
    • Danish
    • Dutch
    • English
    • Esperanto
    • Estonian
    • Faroese
    • Filipino
    • Finnish
    • French
    • Frisian
    • Friulian
    • Fula (Pulaar)
    • Gaelic (Scottish)
    • Galician
    • German
    • Gikuyu
    • Guaraní
    • Hausa (formerly used the Arabic alphabet)
    • Hawai'ian
    • Hungarian (used runic writing system prior to AD 1000)
    • Icelandic
    • Ido
    • Igbo
    • Ilocano
    • Indonesian
    • Interlingua
    • Innu-aimun
    • Irish
    • Italian
    • Javanese - Also uses alphabet called "Hanacaraka" in certain areas
    • Kikongo
    • Kinyarwanda
    • Kirundi
    • Kurdish (Kurmanji)
    • Latin
    • Latvian
    • Laz (Used by Turkey and European Lazs)
    • Leonese
    • Lingala
    • Lithuanian
    • Lombard
    • Luganda
    • Luxembourgish
    • Maori
    • Malay
    • Maltese
    • Manx
    • Moldovan - Also Cyrillic
    • Nahuatl (post Spanish Conquest)
    • Navaho or Navajo
    • Ndebele
    • Norwegian
    • Occitan
    • Oromo (formerly written in the Ge'ez script)
    • Polish
    • Portuguese
    • Quechua
    • Romanian (formerly used the Cyrillic alphabet)
    • Samoan
    • Scots
    • Shona
    • Slovak
    • Slovenian
    • Somali (formerly used the Arabic alphabet and Osmanya script)
    • Spanish
    • Swahili
    • Swedish
    • Tagalog
    • Tahitian
    • Tatar (formerly used Arabic, 1927-1938 Latin-derived Janalif, then Cyrillic and since 2000 Latin again, but generally on the internet)
    • Tongan
    • Tswana
    • Turkish (formerly used the Arabic alphabet)
    • Turoyo (new Latin-based script, originally Syriac alphabet)
    • Vietnamese (formerly with Chữ nho and Chữ nôm)
    • Volapük
    • Võro
    • Walloon
    • Welsh
    • Wolof
    • Xhosa
    • Yoruba
    • Zulu
  • However the problem with her speaking so many languages but not having the comprehension or understanding to do so has led to a merge of all languages into a form of gibberish.

Guess I should mention Lain is almost a year old.

She got to visit her Grandmother and Great Grandmother for the first time this last week. They will miss her happy noises (which she makes pretty constantly).

She can say a few basic words "Mama, Dada" And the names of a few pets "Boogly, Beef, Shinta" (Shinta is my mom's, Lain's Grandma's pet. Formerly mine in another age...).

I've been taking public transit a bit more lately as it turns out that Portland Public transit breaks face and makes it easy to get just about anywhere as where Los Angeles's public transit system sucks tons of ass. 

I have to take Lain out of her stroller on the Buses, she uses this opportunity to attempt to befriend anyone that will look her direction.

I'll probably post pics soon, I gut a bunch I need to sort through because of our trip.
  • The idea of a baby saying "boogly beef" is hilarious to me and I do not know why.

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's goddamn inherently hilarious.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

<Waiter> How's your beef, madam?

<Lain> Boogly!

• Gilda said:

<Waiter> How's your beef, madam?

<Lain> Boogly!

yes.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Actually, if that was Waiterman, that response might not be so far off. :P

chef one of the costumers said the beef was "boogly"

i dong know that that means weaiterman

well the costumer was an infant if that helps

crap i dont think any of our steaks are suitable for babies
    im going to have to blend one

good idrea 
    we dont want people to think we arent family friendly

im going to put a bunch of other stuff kids like

even better idea

later...

chef that table is mad about your "kid suprise"

but i blended it really good and put stuff that kids like like cookies and milk and blankets and pacifiers and toys 

i think it was the last two they had an issue with
    they deidnt want to feed their baby cloth, plastic, or rubber
    i think only goats would be able to eat what you made

well i did say i made it out of stuff kids like

• "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    A kid'll eat ivy, too. Wouldn't you?

why is this (other thread) not about Justice's daughter

She and I had a horrible adventure, when I decided to see how well her stroller (with her in it, of course) could handle the small forest area on the border of our house.

The stroller held up fine... actually Lain did too. My aching muscles from lifting the stroller out of blackberry bushes and legs that where viciously assaulted by black berry thorns did not fair so well.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Yeah I remember that.

I would play that game.

Less fun version:

Lain gets sick, has to be nursed back to health while sharing a bed with her parents and infects them both.
  • edited 2013-01-07 10:44:50
    BEEFCAKE
    I HATE that scenario.

Also, Laila has resorted to calling all our cats Beef-cake now.  She even called my mum's tiny Siamese "Beefcake" whilst he was on her skype lap.  I tried to explain that he was more Meatloaf than Beefcake, but she wasn't listening.
    Would he do anything for love?

Friday walked to the local Asian grocery store and picked up a bunch of stuff.

Turns out Lain likes Pocky. She licked all the strawberry stuff off one and discarded the left over stick. 
  • Justice42 said:

Turns out Lain likes Pocky. She licked all the strawberry stuff off one and discarded the left over stick. 

somehow, I find this hilarious.
    I used to do that. I was eight then, I think.
  • Also, Laila has resorted to calling all our cats Beef-cake now.  She even called my mum's tiny Siamese "Beefcake" whilst he was on her skype lap.  I tried to explain that he was more Meatloaf than Beefcake, but she wasn't listening.

Yep.

Apparently Lain, who is 14 months old, has figured out how touch screens work (she knows how to drag her finger to get the screen to move and to tap the screen to open messages).

Do we know how to raise hacker babies, or what?

What's great is this technically means she knows how to (somewhat) work a computer before she can walk (unassisted)

She's walking now.

Also, she's having a better childhood than you (yes, YOU) ever did:

photo IMAG0694_zps4ce58040.jpgphoto IMAG0697_zpse2c6cecb.jpgphoto IMAG0699_zpsb58f0511.jpg
    photo IMAG0700_zpsc6efde05.jpgphoto IMAG0703_zps67e2300b.jpgphoto IMAG0704_zps95f75a94.jpg

Don't feel bad, though. She's having a better childhood than her parents ever did, too.

You know, when most people camp they try to keep bears OUT of their tents

I guess Lain isn't afraid to take a walk on the wild side
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I like her play tent. :D 

My niece doesn't have much MLP stuff because she's more of a Disney Princesses and Nickelodeon (anything on Nickelodeon) girl. That and she's 8 now and probably a bit old for stuff like that. My nephew's still too little to have much of a preference in anything.
    I buy my cousin (who'll be 3 in August) MLP stuff sometimes, more because I like it than anything else.

I bought her a Rainbow Dash plushie for Christmas and she loved it. Wouldn't let anybody else touch her pony.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Awwww. :D

I should get Lain MLP plushies, the play tent is the only MLP thing she has.

I, however, have a calendar from the dollar store and four of those little mini-figures.

Heh, I have the dollar store calendar too. Apparently my dad saw it before Christmas and he was like "I HAVE TO GET THIS FOR HER"

A have a nice little collection of the figures. I have the mane six (still in their packaging), three or four of last year's McDonald's toys, a crystal blind bag Applejack, and a handful of tiny G3 figures my mom got for me. Oh, and a crystal Twilight keychain.
  • edited 2013-05-02 01:40:26
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

I think mine are all the crystal blind bags. I have Pinkie, Twilight, and Rarity.

Also some green pinkie repaint with an apple pie on her flank.

• edited 2013-05-02 01:41:45
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Having a stressful day.

...OK, in hind-site it wasn't all bad.

In related news, I've decided build a bear is kinda creepy. 

Especially with the ponies. You pick out a head with just a flaccid body attached and then you hand off to an employee who fills it with stuffing. Before the body is sealed, a small fabric heart (that is offered to the child who the toy will soon belong to to kiss) is put inside.

There's got to be some sort of Kabbalist ritual this whole thing resembles. 
    ^^ D'awww...
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I got a Build-A-Bear polar bear last year

It wears sunglasses

I don't know if I'll be going back...they didn't have ponies then.
    A Build-A-Bear pony would make a great birthday gift for a Central Avenue.

Just sayin'.
  • edited 2013-05-02 10:06:27

wait wrong thread

how did i even do that?

They had Pinkie and Rainbow Dash. I was told they'd probably add the rest of the main six over the next year.

In related news. My daughters love of her Pinkie Pie plush lead to Friday sitting down with her to watch MLP:FiM. Friday admits that it's "Better than the average Cartoon aimed at girls."

I told her the best episodes have yet to come. So far, she likes Applejack the least. :P

Hahaha that's great

Friday also doesn't understand why Rarity is my favorite. Hopefully Dog and Pony show will clear some of that up.
    What did she think of  Gilda? :p

She liked that episode, not sure what she felt towards Gilda specifically.