The official Justice and King Friday have a frickin' baby thread.

Comments

• "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

Sweet. I'm also looking forward to her thoughts on Dog and Pony Show.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I think I mentioned it somewhere, but Friday's favorite Season one episode was "The Best Night Ever".

Also, Lain has a Rainbow Dash plushy now.

Lain had to save Pinkie Pie from Beef who was attaching Pinkie. Lain ran at beef and screamed causing Beef to flee. 

Lain then found a real cat toy and started playing with Beef.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    What's this about babies playing with raw meat?

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ...Your kid turns into a cat while playinh with raw meat?
  • edited 2013-05-24 17:09:18
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Yes.

In related news, Naney, you should consider rubbing beef all over yourself.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Werecat!

Also, I've decided I like "wereman", we should bring that back.
    Oh yes, we should bring back wereman and woman.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    And calling all children Girls :D
    And then the Infant of Spain got married.

So, baby Lane:

It's like people wrote the Silver aged comic stories via some sort of comic Mad Libs. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Honestly when I see things like that I just kinda want to read the entire thing to see if it's any more or less ridiculous in context.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I love how Jimmy's just pushing the stroller as if everything is normal.

Aliroz_ said:

I love how Jimmy's just pushing the stroller as if everything is normal.

For you, baby Superman marrying baby Lois Lane is a strange and shocking event. For Silver Age Jimmy Olsen, it's Tuesday.
  • edited 2013-05-27 00:52:57

Lain has figured out to use the analog sticks on Friday's PS vita.

• wow, they sure do grow fast.

Friday: so er, laila LOVES the Ramones
    Friday: she's been dancing three tracks in a row!

My toddler is Punk.
    (2015 self)
    Aww, I bet little baby Lain is adorable.  He's a second-generation heaper.

Well, "she". 

Here's a recent photo.

(2015 self)
    Who names a girl Lain?

Anyways, can I have that kid?

So adorable

I'm quite attached to her, I'm afraid. 

Anyways, I need a few more years of being able to buy Pony merchandise without getting strange looks.
  • I showed that picture to Buttercup and she squeed and commented that she's "so big".  Also she wants to know if Lain has the "baby's first Magic card kit".
  • edited 2013-08-22 15:48:27

She does not.

She's also rather large for her age (just a bit over a year and a half).

It funny seeing other's people's children and realizing Lain is about as tall as someone's three year old.
  • edited 2013-08-22 16:02:41
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Lain is not a heaper because Lain does not post here!! :p It would be interesting if she did though. But... I think that maybe her parents, being well-versed in the ways of the internet, might not like to expose such a young child to its weirdness? ^_^ I would but that is a different story.
    (2015 self)
    Miko said:

Lain is not a heaper because Lain does not post here!! :p It would be interesting if she did though. But... I think that maybe her parents, being well-versed in the ways of the internet, might not like to expose such a young child to its weirdness? ^_^ I would but that is a different story.

If her father is a heaper, that makes her a heaper.

Besides, he coudl let her touch the keyboard and go all q4e3ipuoerfijefriujaeuijlq on us.
  • edited 2013-08-22 16:05:27

Well, she's not really talking in coherent sentences yet, so it's not like she'd offer much to the community. 

Given I've already met a 14 year old who writes grim-dark Pony fan-fiction, I pretty much accepted the Lain's probably going to grow up to be pretty familiar with weird internet shenanigans.

^Yes, that would be about the result.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    If it helps, I did weird internet shenanigans at age 12. ^_^
    Counterclock said it best: a heaper is someone who posts on the Heap and nothing else. It isn't like a club or a special title or anything.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Good God Almighty, your kid is going to be a giant.

I hope you're proud. No really, be proud of your giant kid.
  • Justice42 said:

Well, "she". 

Here's a recent photo.

Onward, mooseriders!
    (2015 self)
    Miko said:

If it helps, I did weird internet shenanigans at age 12. ^_^

Counterclock said it best: a heaper is someone who posts on the Heap and nothing else. It isn't like a club or a special title or anything.
    No, if that was true, then I'd be a heaper.
  • When I was a baby, I once projectile vomited into my mother's mouth. Then I apparently laughed.

really dude, the being me thing has to stop

it's weird
    On an unrelated note these two quotes have been in my postbox for like a year now.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ^^ What a coincidence, it seems you are a heaper. :o Guess it must be true.
    (2015 self)
    Miko said:

I'm not a heaper.
  • Aliroz said:

Miko said:

I'm not a heaper.
    YES YOU ARE

*gives official heaper ceremony and also complementary heaper hat*
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

Aliroz said:

Miko said:

I'm not a heaper.
    YES YOU ARE

*gives official heaper ceremony and also complementary heaper hat*
    No.

You can't make me a heaper.

-stashes complementary heaper hat away in hat collection-

Kexruct said:

When I was a baby, I once projectile vomited into my mother's mouth. Then I apparently laughed.

really dude, the being me thing has to stop

it's weird
    On an unrelated note these two quotes have been in my postbox for like a year now.
    Heh.

Lain very rarely throws up. Which is nice.

Usually when she does it means she's legitimately sick.
  • edited 2013-08-23 20:13:51
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I must insist that a "heaper" is only someone who posts here. I am very uncomfortable with the idea that it is a special subculture title or something, or that we are some kind of hive-mind that Aliroz is on the outside of because he is unique. Sometimes, we have to take a step back and think: the Trash Heap is a hangout created by some dorks on the internet for chatting about stuff. That is all it is. People who frequent the Trash Heap are "heapers." People who do not frequent the Trash Heap are not heapers. There is nothing special or unique or inherently meaningful about posting on this particular message board. Thinking that there is is something Kurt Vonnegut once dubbed "granfalloonery."

Perhaps this is not such a good conversation to have in Justice and Friday's baby thread? :o But anyway the point is that heaper-ness is a behavior, not a trait, so it cannot be inherited.
  • I dunno, I still like the idea of being a sorta-kinda culture, y'know? 
    Nope.
    Like, it's almost a dangerous mentality. It's called a "hugbox" or "echo chamber" or something I think. A group on the internet starts to form its own unusual culture and then it becomes difficult to interact with humans outside of it.
  • edited 2013-08-23 20:18:27
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I'd say we do have a culture, but are not our own culture. That said, I agree with Miko that this topic is better had elsewhere (especially since I am interested in it).

Miko said:

I must insist that a "heaper" is only someone who posts here. I am very uncomfortable with the idea that it is a special subculture title or something, or that we are some kind of hive-mind that Aliroz is on the outside of because he is unique. Sometimes, we have to take a step back and think: the Trash Heap is a hangout created by some dorks on the internet for chatting about stuff. That is all it is. People who frequent the Trash Heap are "heapers." People who do not frequent the Trash Heap are not heapers. There is nothing special or unique or inherently meaningful about posting on this particular message board. Thinking that there is is something Kurt Vonnegut once dubbed "granfalloonery."

Perhaps this is not such a good conversation to have in Justice and Friday's baby thread? :o But anyway the point is that heaper-ness is a behavior, not a trait, so it cannot be inherited.

Also, I don't really mind.
    I'd say we do have a culture, but are not our own culture.
    hmmm yes, I agree. :) If we had our "own" culture it would be a little worrying.
  • edited 2013-08-23 20:21:36
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Ah, noted. I basically agree with Justice and Miko, though we do have our own/a culture, of course. To clarify, I mean how we're rather mix-and-match, here-and-there, as a whole, since all of the members tend to go off in their own direction; it's a heap of people just put together.
    Kind of like The Breakfast Club. :D
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Almost exactly like it, haha. I didn't think of it until now, but I'll think of that in the future. Thanks.
  • Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Like, we're different people, very different in fact, but I like that we all have this one thing in common. This one thing is what I meant.

I mean, let's say Lincoln High School Class of 1986 (just some random thing I made up on the fly) may not exactly be a culture, but it's a group of people with some things in common that in some way identify by that, if that makes any sense. So while we're not exactly a culture, I do think we're something at any rate.