Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

• I am a cat in a man's body

I really don't expect you to take me all that seriously
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Dude, you've always been a cat in a man's body

For, like, forever
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I just wish people wouldn't fling blame and vitriol at other people and society for not feeling comfortable in their own skin. I don't think that's an effective way to deal with your issues.
  • oh man

Youcan's comment on the last page made me realize I can totally use my asthma as an excuse for being total dicks to these people now.

You watch

I'mma do it.

• I'mma blow all my money and don't give two shits!

I think I had something else I was gonna say, but fuck it
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    My Dash is about 50% devoted to debating whether Dirk is a "clingy boyfriend" or not at the moment. ._.
    I just realized people are using this social justice thing the way some people use religion.

Ideally it's meant to set some sort of moral standard involving acceptance and harmony, but people just wear it as a badge and think it justifies being a divisive and petty hypocrite.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I wish these loonies hadn't hijacked it

They must have been desperate for a high horse

@HORSE_EBOOKS’ MOST RETWEETED TWEETS (IN ORDER)

• Worms – oh my god WORMS
    • “This is not acceptable!” I screamed as Kathy drowned
    • Is the dance floor calling? No
    • Ask your dumbass friends if they know of a reputable artist.
    • You re About To Discover A Career Opportunity Where You Will NEVER Be Laid
    • NO-ONE should have to go through what I did just to build a simple koi pond
    • Want to unlock the hidden doors of your inner being? Abraham Lincoln has the key.
    • I don t know about you, but I sure as heck don t want to look like a strange dude
    • If you suffer from bad credit, you have 3 options: do nothing
    • DO RE MI FA FA FA FA FA MI MI MI MI RE RE MI RE SOL MI MI MI MI MI MI MI SOL DO RE MI FA FA FA FA FA MI MI MI SOL SOL FA RE DO GO TELL
    • Who Else Wants To Drive around using WATER as FUEL and LAUGH
    • Tree Tree Tree Tree Tree Tree Tree “Stop “Stop “Stop “Stop “Stop “Stop “Stop traps, traps, traps, traps, traps, traps, traps,
    • It s a FACT - Most Doctors, Nutrition Experts , Celebrity Chefs and Best Selling Authors are DEAD
    • it was absolutely useless. Thanks
    • That s a parent s worst nightmare: A child
    • Maybe you often get angry and say words
    • I noticed that my hair grew faster from spending time in my pyramid.
    • I have been in the deepest, darkest valleys of bodybuilding hell, and on the brightest mountain peaks of glorious bodybuilding success. I
    • LEARN TO FORGIVE YOURSEL LEARN TO FORGIVE YOURSEL LEARN TO FORGIVE YOURSEL LEARN TO FORGIVE YOURSELFFFF
    • I Will Make Certain You Never Buy Knives Again
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Who Else Wants To Drive around using WATER as FUEL and LAUGH
    this

this is the dream

I cracked the Tumblr code.

It's fictitious cats saying they're going to have sex with hamburgers. 
  • I knew that would happen

BDSM road signs also work

holy shit fucking sigged

E-Horse books has some absolute gems.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    justice is tumblr famous, now!
  • I know, I follow it on twitter (I almost typed "her", is it weird that I think of the account as female even though it's a bot?)

for similar ramblings follow: literally any weird twitter artist.

What's great about Horse e-books is that it's a bot that posts weird shit like that so people don't think it's a bot and just block it right away.

Which is why sentences cut off and you get jems like: 
    You re About To Discover A Career Opportunity Where You Will NEVER Be Laid
    That s a parent s worst nightmare: A child
  • it's weird that there's a whole art movement, essentially, around imitating Horse eBooks and similar bots.

also sometimes it gets strangely profound

return home someday, but they

has anyone ever found out who exactly runs the bot? Or programmed it or whatever you want to say?

• edited 2012-12-01 05:06:45
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    #things I don't wanna reblog but still made me laugh like a 12-year-old boy
  • edited 2012-12-01 11:44:19
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    THE NIGHT BARBIE WENT CRAZY 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Would it be a faux pas to unfollow everyone except the people whose posts I actually want to see?
    No.

neil-gaiman:

From io9

In the glory days, when Twinkies were plentiful and fruit pies weren’t on the endangered species list, superheroes her eager spokespeople for Hostess products, hawking the wonders of Chocodiles and Donettes from the pages of comic books. But Neil Gaiman’s gloomy Dream and the rest of his Endless siblings from Sandman never got in on the pie-selling action, at least not until now. Artist Axel Medellin Machain dreams up the Sandman fruit pie ad that never was.

Over at CBR’s The Line It Is Drawn, other artists have lined up unlikely shills for Hostess’ chemically preserved goods: Rorschach, John Constantine, the Saga family unit, even Swamp Thing and Alan Moore. You can almost see the fury in cartoon Alan Moore’s eyes as he’s compelled to push pies.

• edited 2012-12-03 09:23:38

Ne'r met a SJ type IRL either.

I have. My roommate's girlfriend is big into the whole tumblr social justice thing. Speaking of, there's this: http://stfu-moffat.tumblr.com/

Can someone who follows Doctor Who Tell me if there's validity in these criticisms? I'm still on the 9th doctor and I haven't seen any of Moffat's episodes.
  • every time you mention sj tumblrs god kills a kitten.

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Ne'r met a SJ type IRL either.

I have. My roommates girlfriend is big into the whole tumblr social justice thing. Speaking of, there's this: http://stfu-moffat.tumblr.com/

Can someone who follows Doctor Who Tell me if there's validity in these criticisms? I'm still on the 9th doctor and I haven't seen any of Moffat's episodes.
    They're not entirely baseless, but I wasn't offended.  I would watch the episodes for yourself and make up your own mind.  I would consider the context, as well; sometimes the show might be a little insensitive, but it's not really any more so than anything else on TV.

Moffat's episodes often portray homosexual characters in a favourable light (Canton is both LGBT and completely awesome, and his character is portrayed entirely respectfully) and Doctor Who is still miles better than the vast majority of children's television with regards to portrayal of gay and bisexual characters.  It hasn't really touched upon trans* identities at all, although there was a lot of fuss on tumblr at one point about the Doctor allegedly misgendering a horse, which was every bit as silly as it sounds.

Some of it's going to be an opinion.  Like the Oswin thing; yes, that was a real line on the show, but a lot of people really do go through "phases" when they're discovering their sexuality, and I didn't feel in any way hurt or invalidated by Oswin's comment.  Frankly, a lot of the criticisms look to me like fans are assuming more about characters' sexualities than is ever stated on-screen.

The portrayal of women is perhaps a bit iffier, but I think it's more in the realm of benign ineptitude than outright misogyny.  Moffat's characterization, of male and female characters, is pretty hit and miss.  Sometimes it's convincing, other times less so, and both Amy and River have stronger episodes and weaker ones.  Moffat does indeed have a tendency to put his female characters on pedestals, but that's about the worst of it.  The relationship between River and the Doctor is complicated, and I don't think you're supposed to assume it's entirely hunky-dory; regardless, I'm not sure I buy the description of the Doctor as simply abusive, and the claim River is simply accepting of his treatment of her is outright false.

As for the bit about Madge in the Christmas special, I think your blogger is just being overly literal there; it was completely obvious from the context that Madge's line about her husband following her around did not refer to stalking.

So yeah, I would watch the episodes and decide for yourself, but personally I'd say that blog is a severe overreaction.
  • edited 2012-12-03 10:02:29
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    although there was a lot of fuss on tumblr at one point about the Doctor allegedly misgendering a horse,
  • someone runs a blog full of blatantly untrue "facts" called DidYuoKno, it is intended to be humorous, and a cursory examination of it will show this quite clearly.

Now here's one of the facts

and here's one of the responses to it

I promise you that the individuals who conducted these so-called “studies” did not have vaginas or, if they did, they had never given birth before. Because I have actually watched vaginal deliveries during my OB rotation…and trust me, it is not pleasant. I had to sit out at the nurse’s desk the one day because the person who was in labor was screaming at the top of their lungs because the pain was so excruciating (the fetus couldn’t come through the birth canal, even though the uterus was contracting). They were waiting for an OR room to be prepped so they could do a C-section. The screaming was horrible…we were all cringing because there wasn’t anything we could do.

So, yes….I always love seeing things like this that say such-and-such is worse than childbirth…because you KNOW the folks responsible for them have never actually given birth before.

Believe me: there is a reason I say that my who-ha was made for pleasure and not for baby-makin’. *shudders*

did the name of the blog not give it away, or....

also for reference here is another post, a few below that one

clearly a dead serious blog.

You know something guys?

I'm starting to think that there might be some self-righteous idiots on tumblr...
  • The sadness will last forever.
    well duh
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    ....so today, the GNAA steamrolled Tumblr

damn
  • boring script kiddies are boring.
  • edited 2012-12-04 03:16:27
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

boring script kiddies are boring.

No, they're much more sophisticated than some idiot trying to fire up LOIC

What they do is give whoever they're targeting plenty of rope to hang themselves with and stand by the side to watch them do exactly that
    i.e. 

For those of you without a degree in CSIII, XSS (cross site scripting) means a website does not properly sanitize input and thus script can be executed on the page. This is one of the oldest methods of web penetration, and should be extinct in 2012; thanks to the hard working development team at websites like tumblr, these vulnerabilities remain unpatched to be exploited by people like the GNAA.

There were numerous XSS vulnerabilities embedded inside of tumblr, including in the video post field (the same one applied by the GNAA), the image post field, and every single mobile post field.
    Tumblr seems like a rather haphazardly-put-together website

Their increasing popularity should dictate that they take a look at their technical shortcomings
    ^well, they knew:

First off, tumblr was made aware of the vulnerability two weeks prior to the exploit. We at the GNAA did not receive a single word back from them after attempting to assist them in securing their services.
    So basically, it was a wake-up call of sorts.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Why do so many people willingly turn a blind eye to security flaws until it actually becomes a problem?

It's like when someone had to hack Fast Eddie's avatar on TVT to get him to fix the exploit that made it possible.
    It's probably the same reason everyone does homework the night before it's due.
    some person i liked unfollowed me :(
  • Do you know why?
    no i don't

CHEK YER DESIGNATED DRIVER PRILVLIG
  • whenever someone says they hacked a website to "expose security flaws" I think of that fuckrocket that hacked a board for epileptics and posted a bunch of flashing .gifs.
  • but we r exposin flas we r teh gud gaiz wer 1337 u n00b