Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

• it's nice to see them get slapped in the face with their own privilege. 
  • tl;dr English pronouns aren't perfect but they work just fine for now.
  • Made up pronouns are aggravating.

Just use the singular "they", seriously, it's like fucking magic.

• I was informed the other day that Anne Beeche does this shit now.

I don't think there's a word for how not-surprised I was.

Yeah, she was like that after being banned from TVT the first time.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Just how does an SJW go on with their life if everything is offensive or triggering?!
  • with silent, brooding resentment.
  • Just how does an SJW go on with their life if everything is offensive or triggering?!

Angrily.
  • CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    I'd think dumping your average SJW into North Korea for a year would work wonders on their perspective, where their fantasyland notion of "classism" is a horrifying reality there. Your station in life there determines if you're allowed a meager allotment of corn to feed your family or if you're left to hunt and kill mice for food. 
  • man you are really fixated on north korea

man you are really fixated on north korea

you have no idea

For the past several years I've been researching and studying what goes on there, among other things. My main presentation in geology was that of North Korea and their mineral resources. I can't help but find the whole place and current culture fascinating. 
  • Just how does an SJW go on with their life if everything is offensive or triggering?!

Do you honestly believe they try to pull that crap IRL?
  • Kexruct said:

I have to imagine most of them are the sort that go through life quietly resenting everything around them for a multitude of reasons.

See also: Objectivists.

• It's 4:20 somewhere.
    No wonder NK is fascinating. It's the most dystopian government on the planet.
    Kexruct said:

Just how does an SJW go on with their life if everything is offensive or triggering?!

it's been rearing its ugly aesthetically unprivileged head at universities which is nothing new but personally I'm getting sick and tired of higher education nurturing this sort of nonsense, especially when they try to push their political and social agenda on the hard sciences (see my rant on the page before this one.) 
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, the whole "if you don't have anything nice to say" thing won't go over well with the hard sciences. While I don't like it when people who should know better start name-calling instead of sticking to the facts (it means they've been rattled), in the end, scientific integrity and peer review are good for everyone as a whole.

This seems to be especially true of medicine, where it seems like people's "feels" can cause all kinds of frauds and such to happen because people don't really understand biology.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Personally, the kind of social justice blogger I find the most infuriating are the ones who take anti-racism to such an extreme that it becomes racist again.

I've seen several bloggers state outright that it's always racist for a white person to disagree with a person of color about racism. But they never seem to notice/care that this attitude of "we mustn't disagree with you because you're a person of color" is incredibly patronizing to people of color and thus could itself be considered racist.
  • IDEA: Ask actual non-white, non-heterosexual, non-male persons what the think of SJWs.
  • edited 2012-11-26 19:36:05

I think

Lol

now if only i was a trans black chick then i could make sure that i'd never have to put up with them
    Kexruct said:

IDEA: Ask actual non-white, non-heterosexual, non-male persons what the think of SJWs.

Why? 

how would race, sexual orientation, and gender have any bearing on the value of a completely broken, cyclically degenerate movement?

I can speak only for myself here, but know of nobody IRL who SJW claims to champion that thinks SJ is worth a single shit
  • edited 2012-11-26 21:15:34
    The sadness will last forever.
    never mind
  • edited 2012-11-26 21:09:25

Kexruct said:

IDEA: Ask actual non-white, non-heterosexual, non-male persons what the think of SJWs.

Why? 

how would race, sexual orientation, and gender have any bearing on the value of a completely broken, cyclically degenerate movement?

I can speak only for myself here, but know of nobody IRL who SJW claims to champion that thinks SJ is worth a single shit
    Sorry, I meant ask them, record what they say, and present it to some famous social justice-y people.
  • edited 2012-11-26 21:10:42
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Kexruct said:

Sorry, I meant ask them, record what they say, and present it to some famous social justice-y people.

Oh, sorry about that. 
    Hmmm...I wonder about the SJW views on people who are of mixed race like me.
  • CLEANSE THE ABOMINATIONS

Because they are literally figuratively hitler.

Thank goodness that I've never met a SJW in real life. I bet if I mentioned that I was also white they would say I'm a cracker/white supremacist/oppressor/whatever even though I don't look white other than my hair color.

To be honest, I've never ran across one at my university. We have all the normal GLBT/minority/women representation, but none of them are even close to being off in the deep end like SJ.  
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I haven't seen anyone like the Tumblr Social Justice crowd at my school, either. Or at least no one who's open about it.

It's a private school in the upper-crust part of town, but it also has a decently popular community service program. I don't know whether it would be more likely or less likely to harbor this sort of thing.
  • Ne'r met a SJ type IRL either.
    Gator: I really don't know if that sort of thing can actually measurable, at any institution. Given last week's fiasco that erupted at Bard's, I honestly think that was more mob mentality and panic than anything else.

Even at Berkeley, which is world famous for harboring this sort of thing, doesn't get too out-of-hand.  In fact, their participation in the year before last's Occupy was surprisingly minimal. 
  • dude why are you so fixated on berkeley
    dude why are you so fixated on berkeley
    Washington, D.C. - Today, U.S. Senators James Inhofe (R-Oklahoma), Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina), Saxby Chambliss (R-Georgia), Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-Oklahoma), John Cornyn (R-Texas), and David Vitter (R-Louisiana) introduced the Semper Fi Act of 2008. The bill would rescind over $2 million in hidden earmarks for Berkeley, California in the 2008 Omnibus Appropriations bill, and transfer the funds to the Marine Corps. U.S. Congressman John Campbell (R-California) is introducing a companion bill in the House of Representatives.

Last week, the City Council of Berkeley voted to oust Marine Corps recruiters from their downtown office, saying the Marines were "uninvited and unwelcome intruders." Berkeley officials also voted to give the radical protest group Code Pink space outside the recruitment office and urged them to "impede, passively or actively" the work of Marine Corps recruiters.

• edited 2012-11-26 21:39:43
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    ^^^I see. I was just wondering if there were any stereotypes associated with certain types of schools.
    most SJWs seem to be in new york or so i've heard
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Even before the incident Forsythe mentioned, Berkeley has had a reputation for being
    1. weird;
    2. prone to overreacting about just about everything.

There's a reason they call it Berzerkeley.

My friend goes to Berkley...wonder if she's gonna end up like them. Hope not.
    I have three friends who have and are currently attending Berkeley, all of them are pretty hard left but they're all decent people and we get along fine.  Just like with SJ, it's the idiotic makes-a-scene few that makes the rest look bad. 
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I can attest to the existence of silly liberals in the University of Washington. It doesn't always take the form of SJWs, but I did know one guy in my major who was MtF and sexist against men. We also had a slutwalk in Seattle I mentioned before, and there's this one girl I knew who is really excited about obtuse gender movements/celebrations or whatever. Haven't heard of any otherkin.

Fortunately, I get to openly mock SJ movements with the group of people I play MtG with on campus, and they totally get it.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Fortunately, I get to openly mock SJ movements with the group of people I play MtG with on campus, and they totally get it.

"My Soul Warden is SO triggered right now!"
  • Last week, the City Council of Berkeley voted to oust Marine Corps recruiters from their downtown office, saying the Marines were "uninvited and unwelcome intruders." Berkeley officials also voted to give the radical protest group Code Pink space outside the recruitment office and urged them to "impede, passively or actively" the work of Marine Corps recruiters.

Honestly, I sort of get this. I think in-person recruiting is creepy at best.

• edited 2012-11-27 01:42:19
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

Honestly, I sort of get this. I think in-person recruiting is creepy at best.

It wasn't a protest against them recruiting -- it was the City of Berkeley telling them to fucking leave, and don't let the door hit their ass on the way out.  Then the very city council encouraged a group to blockade and harass what they were doing. 

Personally, I don't mind if someone doesn't like the military or the Marines specifically. Opinions are like assholes, etc. However, the military has a presence to maintain and a job to do and that presence and job allows assholes like the City of Berkeley the freedom to shit all over their benefactors. Again, that's fine. They don't like us. Boo fucking hoo. However, they stepped over the line when they told the recruiters there to leave, and then encouraged protesters to impede the duty they have to carry out.

Another factor to this is recruiter offices are mostly enlisted, the little guy. These guys are not officers, they're not big shots by any means, they're the backbone of the Corps there to fulfill a duty. For a city council of all things to fuck with thier job is fucking dirty and low, especially for a community that prides itself of defending the "little guy."

So not only did the City of Berkeley come up incredibly short on funds for several years, they changed their tune really fucking quick. Seems like they bow down to the almighty dollar too, after all. Marx would be so proud. 

Fuck Berkeley.  
  • Marx would be so proud. 

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Marx would be so proud. 

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

not Groucho or Harpo
  • Isn't melloncollie a Berkeley student?
  • I haven't spoken to Melloncollie in....

well since I left TVTropes, actually.

She might be.

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Last week, the City Council of Berkeley voted to oust Marine Corps
    recruiters from their downtown office, saying the Marines were
    "uninvited and unwelcome intruders." Berkeley officials also voted to
    give the radical protest group Code Pink space outside the recruitment
    office and urged them to "impede, passively or actively" the work of
    Marine Corps recruiters.
    Is there any background information to this story?

• edited 2012-11-27 17:06:46
    ^^I'm pretty sure she is, but there's like 3 colleges pronounced "Berkeley" I think, though she is in California.

Last week, the City Council of Berkeley voted to oust Marine Corps
    recruiters from their downtown office, saying the Marines were
    "uninvited and unwelcome intruders." Berkeley officials also voted to
    give the radical protest group Code Pink space outside the recruitment
    office and urged them to "impede, passively or actively" the work of
    Marine Corps recruiters.
    Is there any background information to this story?

This happened in 2008, but just google "Semper Fi Bill" and you'll see a shitload of info on it
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Slightly worrying.
    hahahah holy fucking shit

look what today's Terminal Lance is about: